PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

St Margaret of Scotland School is a loving and welcoming environment for students in grades preschool through 8th grade. We offer a strong curriculum focused on the core subjects and helping to prepare our students for high school and beyond. We invite you to come check us out!
June 23, 2014

Bad
Good

Posted November 21, 2014
St. Margaret of Scotland School promotes an enriching and encouraging learning environment conducive for student success. Blended learning is a key component in our school day. Students and teachers are fusing technology into education to facilitate deeper learning. The staff at SMOS are some of the most dedicated and loving individuals. The family-based atmosphere makes SMOS a very special place to learn and grow.

St. Margaret of Scotland School 4

Posted November 10, 2014
This is my child's second year at St. Margaret. She loves it and felt welcome from the start. She came from a school where she received excellent grades, but I feel that she is being even more challenged here, which is great. There are lots of extra curricular activities to become involved in. This year the school continues to evolve into an even more quality driven organization. The technology being introduced is amazing and its not reserved for the junior high students either. Involving parents is a high priority, from ways to help students succeed to events where parents can fellowship and support one another.

Posted November 10, 2014
This is my daughter's first year at this school. She came from 3 years of Montessori schooling and I was most concerned about her transition to a regular school. Not concerned about SMOS though. Since starting her Kindergarten year, she has thrived at SMOS, immediately making new friends, loving her new teacher and overall has been very happy, which makes me happy. The principal is amazing. He is very open, enthusiastic, loving to the families and I can tell very passionate about making SMOS the best it can be and I really appreciate that about him. Immediately, I became involved with the Parent Organization and have been given plenty of opportunities to provide feedback and interact with administrators at the school to see the vision. I can say the parents involvement is huge with the school, the vision of the administration is positive and the school focuses on building the school community and giving back. Overall, Im very happy with our decision to attend SMOS and look forward to finishing the school year strong.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted June 23, 2014

Posted April 27, 2014
I love St. Margaret , It's a really great school, great teachers and family oriented. The office staff is very friendly and helpful. The kids are in good hands with this type of atmosphere. St. Margaret teaches your child the way of LIFE, and academics is of utmost importance.

Posted April 25, 2014
St Margaret of Scotland has the most caring and loving staff I've ever come across in the school system. They are warm and make you feel like family. I really believe in the saying It takes a village to raise a child. This school gives your child that attention and more. Their class room size small too

St. Margaret of Scotland School 4

Posted October 01, 2013
I have been a parent for 5 years and I have seen some good times and bad. We are definitely heading in the right directions. There have been many visible changes and the staff and curriculum continues to be strong. The administration is holding the teachers accountable which were touch and go in the past. They are promoting pride in our school and accountability within the student body. The classes are small and the students can get the attention needed. They also have additional help through the Sylvan learning centers. The tuition is affordable. The principle is accessible at all times. They have before/after care for the working families. I stay because the school has improved and I expect that it will only get better. I also stay because it not just a school but a family.

Posted October 03, 2010
I attended St .Margaret's from 1st-8th grade('76) a long time ago. I've since graduated from several other schools, and look back on my time there with mostly fond memories (kids can be kids, esp. when you are the only white kid in class). Nevertheless, I always loved school, and what it has taught me. I esp. appreciate it now, since my son attends public school in California.What a sorry state public education has become! I was SO blessed to have strong, sacrificing, imigrant parents that put me and my younger sister in this school, despite the tuition for them on Dad' s very low salary (tuition was in the $300's for them- for the whole year!) I look back fondly, and wish the same for its currrent & future students-and since I am currently visiting Chicago, hope they'll let an old alumnus come & visit the old school! -Sophie

St. Margaret of Scotland School 1

Posted April 06, 2010
St. Margaret of Scotland School had a chance to be a great school. Things have changed this school year. Negative commets that have been said about the teachers are not true. St. Margaret has great teachers that look for the students and they are there to help them in any way. As for the teacher being held accountable for things like lesson plans the has always done lesson plans,and this is not the first time the school has sponsored dress down days to help a cause. The school raise money for cancer,help the cheerleaders and the basketball teams. So of things are not to theschool as some of think. We need to check facts before we speak out of turn. Because we are hurting people.

Posted February 09, 2010
Hi; I am an existing parent from the old school administration, my children have attended this school for the better part of four years now, I simply love the new principal and all the great changes she has brought to this school, I really feel like my kids will be challenged now, the teachers are being held accountable for things that they should have been doing all along like lesson plans, can you believe that before Ms Garcia, the teacher never did them. The children are sponsoring out of uniform days for the eight grade trip, if anyone would take the time to attend a PTA meeting, or even talk to the students and principal, they all know, so as a parent, you should feel ashamed for claiming you don't know.

St. Margaret of Scotland School
9833 S Throop St, Chicago, IL  60643
Last modified St. Margaret of Scotland School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Margaret of Scotland School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top