PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

St Margaret of Scotland School is a loving and welcoming environment for students in grades preschool through 8th grade. We offer a strong curriculum focused on the core subjects and helping to prepare our students for high school and beyond. We invite you to come check us out!
June 23, 2014

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

This school is zero tolerance which I appreciate!

Supports LD students: Neutral

They have many supports but would like to see this better developed.

I have 5 children at SMOS (8th, 6th, 3rd, 2nd, and Pre-K) and I honestly can say that it's worth the investment. The teachers and staff are very communicative outside the classroom, so as a parent I feel connected even though I work. I appreciate the rigor and no nonsense climate here, and my children are never bullied, or unsafe. God answered my prayers for a great school. St. Margaret is one of the best.

My child attends the Pre-k program at St. Margaret of Scotland. He has matured and grown so much since he started there. His classroom is both rigorous and nurturing. He is happy there and excited about school. He loves his teachers and speaks in a kind and loving manner regarding them. What is interesting is that he is very familiar with most of the teachers, principals, and staff. St. Margaret of Scotland offers excellent learning opportunities while maintaining a loving and caring environment. The staff keeps us informed and there are many opportunities to be as involved as one would desire. The Pre-k program is full day and is supported by the before and aftercare programs, as are the other grade levels. I strongly recommend St. Margaret of Scotland for everyone, specifically the working parent who often times may be unable to find full-day educational opportunities for their young learner (s). St. Margaret's programming is discounted for multi-kid families. Additionally, there are financial aid options and scholarship offerings. When you are exploring educational opportunities for your yoing learners this year please consider adding St. Margaret of Scotland to your list of options.

St. Margaret of Scotland School promotes an enriching and encouraging learning environment conducive for student success. Blended learning is a key component in our school day. Students and teachers are fusing technology into education to facilitate deeper learning. The staff at SMOS are some of the most dedicated and loving individuals. The family-based atmosphere makes SMOS a very special place to learn and grow.

This is my child's second year at St. Margaret. She loves it and felt welcome from the start. She came from a school where she received excellent grades, but I feel that she is being even more challenged here, which is great. There are lots of extra curricular activities to become involved in. This year the school continues to evolve into an even more quality driven organization. The technology being introduced is amazing and its not reserved for the junior high students either. Involving parents is a high priority, from ways to help students succeed to events where parents can fellowship and support one another.

This is my daughter's first year at this school. She came from 3 years of Montessori schooling and I was most concerned about her transition to a regular school. Not concerned about SMOS though. Since starting her Kindergarten year, she has thrived at SMOS, immediately making new friends, loving her new teacher and overall has been very happy, which makes me happy. The principal is amazing. He is very open, enthusiastic, loving to the families and I can tell very passionate about making SMOS the best it can be and I really appreciate that about him. Immediately, I became involved with the Parent Organization and have been given plenty of opportunities to provide feedback and interact with administrators at the school to see the vision. I can say the parents involvement is huge with the school, the vision of the administration is positive and the school focuses on building the school community and giving back. Overall, Im very happy with our decision to attend SMOS and look forward to finishing the school year strong.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted June 23, 2014

I love St. Margaret , It's a really great school, great teachers and family oriented. The office staff is very friendly and helpful. The kids are in good hands with this type of atmosphere. St. Margaret teaches your child the way of LIFE, and academics is of utmost importance.

St Margaret of Scotland has the most caring and loving staff I've ever come across in the school system. They are warm and make you feel like family. I really believe in the saying It takes a village to raise a child. This school gives your child that attention and more. Their class room size small too

Last modified St. Margaret of Scotland School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8