PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted February 01, 2013
Superb academics, built by a great relationship between principal and teachers to implement best educational practices. Loving community, with active parents who support each other and the school. Prekindergarten program is based on best research on how to build cognitive skills. No school in Lakeview can touch OLMCA in terms of high school placement.

Posted October 21, 2011
After sending my child to other schools (both private & public), we chose MCA because... (1) Academic Strength 80% of the MCA graduates of 2011 were accepted to selective enrollment high schools like Water Payton, Northside College Prep, St. Ignatias, Loyola...and more. (2) Small Class Size Children get more personalized attention. Teachers understand my child better as an individual. My child won't be forgotten. (3) Diverstity MCA family represents 30+ different cultural/ethnic backgrounds and the diversity is celebrated by a school-wide event like the annual Cultural Fair. (4) MCA community The administration team knows your child and all of us as a family (...which didn't happen in the previous school). PTA is very welcoming, too.

Posted June 13, 2011
This school is wonderful and so supportive. I have twins with very different learning abilities and style and they both are thriving and happy. The community is so normal and committed to the children. My older child is scoring in the high 90s on the standardized tests and loves going to school everyday. Mount Carmel puts out a great product despite the fact that they are not a select school.

Posted January 28, 2011
This is our first year at MCA and we love it. The teachers wonderful, the principal is very active, involved and visible in the school - in fact we see him outside every morning greeting the kids. After spending two years in CPS, we are so happy to have found this fantastic school for our family. Highly recommend coming in and checking it out.

Posted July 31, 2010
My child has been to a other schools and this past year was our first year at MCA. The community was welcoming and warm. The teachers nad staff truly care about the success of each student. The other parents encourage involvement in the school and this creates a strong community. I highly recommend this school.

Our Lady Of Mount Carmel Academy 4

Posted April 13, 2010
We have 2 boys and are very particular about academics, extra-curriculars, moral growth and integrity and community. We have been very happy with our experience in this school. We have tried to move to the suburbs but have realized that this is where our children belong and this is where they have thrive and hopefully,continue to do so. The Administration, Parent Association and Board are very receptive to comments and suggestions which we think is key in the continued progress of this wonderful school.

Our Lady Of Mount Carmel Academy

Posted March 29, 2010
The teacher's in the middle school are truly wonderful.the major draw back of this school is that it is very 'clubby' with a small group of parent's acting as if they own the school. The vice principal does not feed into this, but the principal most definately does, and seems far more interested in making moiney for the school than anything else. It really is quite ashame that some very nice families are alienated by these over involved helicopter parents. If you are a helicopter parent then you will be very happy; if not, than you may be shunned and made to feel like an outsider. The parent cabal is alive and well here!

Posted March 12, 2010
We could not be happier at this school, our son is thriving. Academically rigorous, excellent faculty and administrators, strong social values and a commitment to volunteerism, cutlurally diversere...I could go on and on, this is a gem of a school and we're so lucky to be here!

Our Lady Of Mount Carmel Academy 1

Posted February 22, 2010
My kids attended this school and had a horrible experience! I pulled them out after only 3 months - a total disaster and not at all what the parent groups had sold me on. Don't believe the hype and fall for the school's polished exterior. My son still has nightmares about this school!

Posted May 14, 2009
My son, who is in the seventh grade, has been to several different schools around the country, and by far this has been the best! We have spent a great deal of money on more expensive schools, but my son has recieved a far superior and well- rounded education at Mount Carmel Academy. Not only do I feel confident that my son is getting his needs met academically, but that he is also being assited in growing emotionally, socially, and spiritually. I highly recommend this school .

Our Lady Of Mount Carmel Academy
720 West Belmont Avenue, Chicago, IL  60657
Last modified Our Lady Of Mount Carmel Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8