PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I have seen my son's teacher take time out of her weekend to send text reminding us of different things for Monday. She also is so kind as to put lists of things to do around town outside of school so the children can have fun.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I do see that my child's teacher give a lot of hw. I know for a fact that the next school year will be even more. I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing. It is simply pushing students to do more and achieve higher grades.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I have seen my son go from anxious to a more calm student. He is more aware of the responsibility to turn in good work.

My son has been enrolled in this school for two years now. So far I have no complaints about the school, its teachers or the curriculum. I have had a couple of minor incidents and was happy to see the teachers were so willing to help in resolving them. I love the community feeling that the school brings to its students. The faculty staff seems to know all the kids by name not by seeing their name on their ID. I really feel like we are able to see our payment towards our kids education is being put to good use.

With a strong counseling department and a new character education program, St. Bede is working hard to give their students the skills to be a successful student. St. Bede also has more technology than any private school in the area.

If you are a parent who teaches their child to bully, then this is the school for you. This is the one and only Bully Academy. A school where bullies rule and where political correctness runs amok.

St. Bede has gone through several changes within the last few years. They are currently on the third principal. This school has really gone down and the teachers and parents are clickish not sociable. The teachers that were teaching the younger kids have now moved to teach the older kids, which I don't understand. The Preschool teacher is horrible. I felt my son learned more at daycare. My oldest son which will now be in seventh grade at Durkin Park, attended St. Bede from Kindergarten thru fifth grade and was very behind when I transferred him to Durkin Park public school. You don't realize how behind your child is until they attend another school with other kids. I feel I wasted and sacrificed some much money for nothing. St. Bede babysit the older kids instead of teaching them to be independent. Do not send your child here!! Do your research first.

As a former student of St. Bede, I can be nothing but brutally honest. Since I was a student, I ve seen the involvement & the community die off. It s quite a sight seeing such a lively school turn into what it has turned into, a straight up catastrophe. It s like watching the titanic sink, the academics especially. When I first came into the school, I was challenged & went from average to excelling & becoming an honor student & now? Public school rank better than St. Bede, a school of struggling parents who CHOSE to make this sacrifice for their children & for what? To get less than exceptional. & if the only response for the school failing its duties is because the parents fail to make the community? There would be no community if it weren t for their support, so let s not attack the people who make it possible for there to be a St. Bede. Take that aggression & push the teachers, principle, the priest, & the administrative staff to make the school academically better & to bring back the community it ONCE had. Let s not get all melodramatic please.

Sad to say that I'm being forced to leave after 11 years. Unfortunately the academic standars are lower than past years, the administration seems indifferent to student achievements and more interested in fullfilling their shortsighted agenda, and parent involvement has dropped, I think, due to many families fleeing this terrible situation. The school is currently in the "process" of looking for a new principal, wich will make him/her the third principal in the las 3 years. What does that suggest? I would recomend that if you are looking for quality academic education and a positive environment for your children, just keep looking.

St Bede is a great school for all children. Parent involvement has been the only thing lacking in current years. Get involved more with your children academics & extra curricular activities people!!!

Last modified St. Bede the Venerable is a Private school that serves grades PK-8