Chicago, IL
Before care: Yes

Posted October 07, 2014
If you are a parent who teaches their child to bully, then this is the school for you. This is the one and only Bully Academy. A school where bullies rule and where political correctness runs amok.

Posted August 28, 2014
St. Bede has gone through several changes within the last few years. They are currently on the third principal. This school has really gone down and the teachers and parents are clickish not sociable. The teachers that were teaching the younger kids have now moved to teach the older kids, which I don't understand. The Preschool teacher is horrible. I felt my son learned more at daycare. My oldest son which will now be in seventh grade at Durkin Park, attended St. Bede from Kindergarten thru fifth grade and was very behind when I transferred him to Durkin Park public school. You don't realize how behind your child is until they attend another school with other kids. I feel I wasted and sacrificed some much money for nothing. St. Bede babysit the older kids instead of teaching them to be independent. Do not send your child here!! Do your research first.

Posted May 09, 2014
As a former student of St. Bede, I can be nothing but brutally honest. Since I was a student, I ve seen the involvement & the community die off. It s quite a sight seeing such a lively school turn into what it has turned into, a straight up catastrophe. It s like watching the titanic sink, the academics especially. When I first came into the school, I was challenged & went from average to excelling & becoming an honor student & now? Public school rank better than St. Bede, a school of struggling parents who CHOSE to make this sacrifice for their children & for what? To get less than exceptional. & if the only response for the school failing its duties is because the parents fail to make the community? There would be no community if it weren t for their support, so let s not attack the people who make it possible for there to be a St. Bede. Take that aggression & push the teachers, principle, the priest, & the administrative staff to make the school academically better & to bring back the community it ONCE had. Let s not get all melodramatic please.

Posted May 08, 2014
Sad to say that I'm being forced to leave after 11 years. Unfortunately the academic standars are lower than past years, the administration seems indifferent to student achievements and more interested in fullfilling their shortsighted agenda, and parent involvement has dropped, I think, due to many families fleeing this terrible situation. The school is currently in the "process" of looking for a new principal, wich will make him/her the third principal in the las 3 years. What does that suggest? I would recomend that if you are looking for quality academic education and a positive environment for your children, just keep looking.

Posted May 07, 2014
St Bede is a great school for all children. Parent involvement has been the only thing lacking in current years. Get involved more with your children academics & extra curricular activities people!!!

St. Bede the Venerable 2

Posted May 06, 2014
I'm sorry to say this school have change so much in the last 3 years, I have a daughter that was happy in this school but they are changing principal again my son is going to know 3 principals and he is only in 3er grade. sad to say I'm looking for a safer and more challenging school for my son.

Posted October 18, 2013
St Bede the Venerable is so much more than a school. It is a safe community where I send my kids, and they are able to learn everything they need to prepare them for their future. I love the environment at St Bede, and I love how every child that attends there is respectful. St Bede is amazing!

St. Bede the Venerable 4

Posted October 17, 2013
St. Bede is a school where the teachers go above and beyond for ALL students. They are constantly making themselves available to students and parents to help in any way they can. They work very hard to do what is best for the students.

Posted October 08, 2013
The curriculum has been less-than-challenging for some time. My oldest graduated at the top of the class and is struggling through the first year of high school; the kids from other grammar schools are much better prepared. The new leadership is very detached from the kids and the parents. Furthermore, my kid reports that the bullying has gotten out-of-control. I do NOT recommend.

Posted August 20, 2013
My oldest just graduated St Bede & I will have 5 attending this year. I love how St Bede is one big family :-) The children learn a lot about religion and how to care for one another. The teachers and staff are wonderful! I am truly greatful for all the help and support both principals have given to all the St Bede families!! My children have a wonderful learning experience there!! Go Tigers!! We love St Bede!! The Lord is great!

St. Bede the Venerable
4440 W 83rd St, Chicago, IL  60652
(773) 884-2020
Last modified St. Bede the Venerable is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Bede the Venerable Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top