PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Our children are very very happy at this school. The teachers are wonderful and the parent community is amazing. They have small class sizes, very dedicated teachers and do a wonderful job differentiating with the students. I'm a little perplexed at the last comment. Do you have a child at the school? If not you should not be allowed to rate it based on someone's anecdote on a website. As a parent w a child at the school I cam assure you this school is amazing.

We are starting our third year at AACA this fall. We could not be happier. The teachers are wonderful, the principal is extrememly involved and the community is very welcoming. My favorite aspects of the school - aside from the wonderful faculty - are 1. the arts-based curriculum and 2. the focus on crtical thinking rather than test-taking and grades. As far as the parent with the milk allergy, my understanding is that the allergy is extremely severe and that the school felt that they could not accomodate the student's life-threatening condition. It's unfortunate and frustrating for the parents but an understandable decision by the shool administration. My three children love the school and are recieving a top-notch education.

My daughter was accepted to St Alphonsus's kindergarten for the 2011-12 school year in March. In June my daughter was no longer welcome due to her milk allergy. We have been faithful parishioners for 8 years and this is how we were treated. Not only do we feel rejected by the school but also by our spiritual family. Is this what we should expect from our Catholic faith : to deny help to those in need. It has brought great sadness and disbelief to our family.We were eager to work with the school along with my daughters allergist to make it safe and non burdensome on the teachers. The conclusion: they have denied a sweet little girl of a beautiful Catholic education. Imagine how you would feel.

This is our first year at Alphonsus Academy, and we are so impressed with the teachers, principal, faculty, parents, facilities and curriculum. The school administrators are extremely proactive, detailed, hands-on, warm, organized, buttoned up and caring. There is a strong focus on academics and the arts, and it is well balanced with a focus on community, fun, sharing, growing and just being a kid. The parents are very involved with the school, and it shows. The kids are happy and thriving. The after-school programs are second-to-none. It's no wonder it has become so competitive to get in. lphonsus has truly developed into one of Chicago's premier grade schools.

The school and its policies are not focused on what is best for each individual child. My son was the youngest in his class and although he scored well on his IQ test he scored very low on attentional and focus tests - borderline ADD. Although his doctor, teacher and parents clearly identified these issues they would not allow us to hold him back for another year of preschool. The reason I got repeatedly was policy and something about preschool being their most popular program and wanting to keep kids moving along. his teacher? 5 stars, she was great. We were not asking for special attention, intervention or any changes in curriculum... just another year for his attention to mature- since he was so young compared to his peers and had such clear issues. This is not a school where differences in learning style, lags in attentional maturity or other issues are taken into account adequately and its definitely not the place if you suspect you may need to hold a child back a year. Kindergarten is getting more academic and putting a child into a learning environment hes not ready for is just setting him up for failure and dislike of learning.

AACA is a nurturing and organized environment, with a strong focus toward the academic curriculum and requirements needed for Chicago High Schools - both private and public. We recently transferred into the school and have been incredibly impressed with the immediate response from the faculty regarding any concerns, and the overall academic preparation. Go Rockets!!

Being new to the school two years ago, we are starting our third year at AACA. There is a true sense of community, family, and faith at AACA. I trust them with the education and well being of my child every day.

Alphonsus Academy has fantastic teachers, a great curriculum in a wonder environment. My children love AACA!

AACA has been a great school for my kids. The teachers truly care about educating and the developing the whole child.

I went to this school many years ago and have family that still go there and see how this school still cares.

Last modified Alphonsus Academy & Center For The Arts is a Private school that serves grades PK-8