Chicago, IL
Before care: Yes

Posted September 08, 2014
This school is a great place. Small classrooms and more teacher student time. Teachers are nice and when they know the student needs help they immediatly give them the help they need. There is nothing wrong with having a small classroom.

St Barbara Elementary School 1

Posted May 10, 2013
this is not a happy place to be. small classrooms and stong family involvement is the only plus.

Posted March 28, 2013
Choosing the right school is a daunting task for any parent, but the reward of knowing you made the right choice makes it all worth it. St. Barbara is the Right Choice! Anyone looking for a great enviornment for their child to learn, flourish, and build life long skills, should choose St. Barbara.

Posted April 28, 2010
St. Barbara is a great school. I went there grammer school through H.S.(when it was also there) Now I send my daughter there.Along with several other alumni sending there children & grandchildren there. Generation after generation has to say something about the school.

Posted October 21, 2009
St. Barbara is the best school in Bridgeport. They have excellent teachers and small classes for one on one interaction.

Posted October 05, 2009
Great faculty & staff.

Posted March 04, 2008
As the parent of an only child, my wife and I conducted extensive research on schools for our son. We are very happy with our selection. My son is currently in kindergarten and was in the pre-school program since the age of three. The teachers are well educated and dedicated to the children. They are taught good morals, great studying habits, etc. The principal is outstanding, she is consistently telling the children how great they are. The older children serve as mentors to the little ones. Parent involvement is wonderful. We are very happy being part of the St. Barbara School family.

Posted February 10, 2008
St. Barabara's is an excellent school, focusing on developing the individual student and nurturing their goals. The school instills respect for each other and good moral standing. Their Terra Nova test scores are above average as is the caring exhibited by teachers and staff. Many teachers are in the process of receiving their own higher degrees. Their art program is linked to Chicago's exhibits of art and natural history. St. Barabara's class size gives each student the opportunity to reach up to achieving their best, participate and gain the confidence needed to be an active member of society. St. Barbara's has much to offer the students.

Posted February 20, 2007
This is the best school in the area. The classes are small, the children are wonderful and the teachers are excellent. They have a great math and science program and the Terra Nova test scores are above average. They also have a wonderful music and art program. The principal is very dedicated and so is every teacher my son has had and he is in 4th grade. You would not beleive how much he has learned there. I am excited about the next 4 years ahead for him. We, as a family are so comfortable being in this school I could not imagine seeing him anywhere else! If your looking for a great school for your children check out St. Barbara in Brigeport.

Posted February 09, 2005
I went to St. Barbara school and now my six year old son attends first grade there and has been going there since preschool. He and I both have had wonderful experiences thus far. All of his teachers so far have had strong academic goals and strive for their students to have the same. The things I like most about St. Barbara is how they stress the importance of religion with the children, and the wonderful projects they do with the children showing them there is another way to learn besides books, homework and tests. My son always raves about his art class and music class and is able to tell me or sing to me what he has learned. He enjoys all of his subjects and is a Straight A student, so obviously the school is doing something right.

St Barbara Elementary School
2867 South Throop Street, Chicago, IL  60608
Last modified St Barbara Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Barbara Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top