Chicago, IL

Posted March 10, 2015
My daughter went there for several years. She did well there and always made honor roll. If my child needed help there was support and she received it. I was single parent and never received any bad comments. I took my daughter out of St. Benedict's because they were letting in non Catholic students who paid the same tuition as I . There should be two separate fees for Catholics and Non Catholics. The other non Catholic received financial aide etc. St. Christina has a great sport program and a excellent science lab. Teachers do care and you have to be involved.

St Christina School 1

Posted April 09, 2014
My child goes there now and will not be returning next year. They want your money. Period. It's not fundraising..its basically begging. Every single week. Like other reviewers said, there is basically no parent-teacher communication. It's like they don't want you to know what's going on. There are no language programs, no arts programs, and I'm pretty sure their math is sub-par. If you want your child to have a religious education, fine send them to this private school. If you have been brainwashed into thinking the local public school is going to destroy your child, think again. They want x amount of money to sit in church and watch tv all day....no thanks.

Posted June 21, 2011
my kids have been going to this school since pre-school and it shows in the grades they get.my wife works and no one looks down at her because she is not a stay at home mom! i choose to send my kids to this school instead of having a second home or a big suv.again my kids are A and B plus students this is a great school,you cant redo an education!

St Christina School 4

Posted April 06, 2011
I was very happy with my son's experience at St.Christina. He received a wonderful academic as well as religious education. His religious education was presented to him in a way that made sense. It was much better than I could have done on my own. Keep up the great work!

Posted April 06, 2011
I think St. Christina is a great school. They have caring and competant teachers. Students that attend there can be assured that they will be able to compete with other schools in the area. Look at the honor rolls of the High Schools. Where did they attend for grammar school? St. Christina, that's where. Good job to faculty and staff.

Posted February 01, 2011
Great school. I attended there for eight years. They were the best years and I still keep in contact with my schoolmates. The teachers there are awesome.

St Christina School 1

Posted May 11, 2010
As a current parent of this school, I can only say that I'm happy we aren't returning next year. I find that the lack of diversity makes it difficult for people of color to coexist here. The attitude of the students and faculty is clear that only certain types of people should attend this school, very sad to admit.

Posted April 28, 2010
Excellent school. My daughter graduated there with staight A's. She was on the A honor roll the whole time, got into McAuley with a 99 percent tile, got a 29 on her ACTs, and now goes to University of Illinois studying to become a nurse. Great job Saint Christina!

St Christina School 0

Posted July 17, 2009
i graduated from St.Christina in 08, and honestly im glad i graduated from there, i do agree with some of the parents abt the after care, but you know what Sc is a great school i graduated there as a A honor roll student and the 8th graders who graduate go to great hs like marist or mother mcauley and they r put in honors & ap classes 4 a reason, bcauz they gradauted from an excellent grammar school called St.Chrsitina. nd 4 those whose kids r struggling then there is summer school and the teachers always ask if ne one needs help its ur childs fault if they dont raise there hand. i struggled in 5th grade there but if i had never raised my hand i wldn't b where i am now which is a 3.9_ 4.0 gpa student.

St Christina School 0

Posted January 13, 2009
St. Christina has been a wonderful experience for my son. Then again, he is a good kid who doesn't need much in the way of extra help and is not a discipline problem. I think that the parents who are submitting scathing reviews have children who either have disciplinary issues or need a little extra help. Catholic school in general are not set up to address children with any type of special needs, whether they be greatly ahead or behind. Some of these parents (obviously) refuse to believe that their children are the ones who are causing the disruptions. All in all St. Christina is a wonderful school with a solid cirriculum. There is a lot of homework, but with adequate parental support this shouldn't be a problem for a dedicated student.

St Christina School