Chicago, IL
Before care: Yes

Posted November 23, 2013
St.C prepared my daughter so well for high school, that I had to write an review! My daughter graduated from St. C with extremely high test scores, selfconfidence & an enthusiam for learning. She tested into Whitney Young,her for choice & is excelling. I owe it all to St. C for giving her a good solid academic and moral foundation.The school is very costly but it is worth every penny, esp when you see the high schools, test scores, how well behaved your child is and the colleges these kids attend after leaving St. C. Its a true investment. And the teachers are also VERY caring, knowledgeable in their subjects and push.the kids to go further in their academics. They offer; Spanish & French, sports, clubs, boys and girls scouts, andhigh test scores usually im the 90%. Their grads test into their first choice high schools including; Whitney Young, Brooks, Marist, Mt. Carmel, St. Ignatius, Chicaho Academy for the Arts (CAA, private schl), Chicago Ag , Urban Prep, DelaSalle, Mother McCauley, La Luimere(private catholic boarding schl).High parental involvement is strong and the Principal knows each child by their first names. This school is worth every penny and more!

Posted July 27, 2012
Great school full of great teachers dedicated to the enhancement of all students. The school is a safe environment for learning and growing as responsible young people. The students are challenged daily, lots of homework, opportunities to excell, and recognition for a job well done. My child loves St C and is looking forward to the new school year.

Posted April 02, 2012
St. C is the place to be! My daughter has attended the school since Pre-K and continues to excel academically, social/emotionally and spiritually. The teachers and staff work with the students and provide a rich and quality learning environment. Mrs. Wilson (School Principal) is hands on with her students, staff and parents. The annual Taste of St. C event is an EXCELLENT fundraiser to help keep tuition cost affordable. Highly recommended !

Posted November 17, 2011
As with many parents, we searched so many different schools for our children. We live on the South side of the city and when we looked at the ratings for CPS schools we were literally in shock. We could not believe the number of low performing schools on the South side compared to the Central and North sides of the city. We knew our children needed to have a great education if they were going to be competitive in this world and we simply did not have many choices in our area. I cannot express how relieved we were when we found St. C. The teachers are dedicated, caring and provide our children with a high quality rigorous education. My son is in Kindergarten and is learning sign language. The children are friendly, supportive and caring with each other. The tuition is very reasonable compared to other private schools and the services that our children receive. If you are researching for a top quality program that will not only empower your child academically, but also socially and emotionally, then you must visit St. Columbanus.

Posted February 24, 2010
i went to this school up until my 6th grade year and i regret leaving because the other schools are so wild and ,ild mannered st.c teaches you how to be sucessful and to believe in god i ran track and cheered and this was a very good experience i wish all children will get a chance to attend such a school they teach you words like loquacious lol bet you dont know what that means

St. Columbanus School 4

Posted December 16, 2009
I attend st.columbanus and i think its a nice school and i can tell you alll these teachers really nice school ive been here since preschool its great! I've gotten to know all the teachers and they know me to! When i graduate erys,chynnna,zaire,arlise,ariahnna and i know we've been taught what we need to know! i feel prepared for highschool thanks units C&D for preparing us!!

Posted September 17, 2009
I love St. Columbanus, because I attended there when I was a kid. The same principle is still there Mrs. Wilson. Also, some of the same teachers are there as well.

Posted August 29, 2009

Posted August 18, 2009
Im a new student to st columbanus but im very close to the basketball team,of course its my 8th grade year and i had a very rough time, but i want to thank st columbanus for a fresh start....

Posted July 01, 2009
I am the parent of a 'St. C' alumni and upon graduation my child was more than above average prepared for admission to high school. The cirriculum at 'St. C' was strigent and forced the children to continually push themselves to excellence. The motto Mrs. Wilson has the children to recite, 'Good, better, best never let it rest until the good gets better and the better is BEST' is an excelllent motivational tool. The creativity used in the primary grades namely, Mrs Wadlington, provides a foundation the children can rely on for future projects. Yes, it is costly but well worth it. My daughter tested into all honors classes in high school and remains in the top 20% of her graduating class making the superintendents honor roll. Thanks 'ST. C.'

St. Columbanus School