Chicago, IL
Before care: Yes

Posted September 03, 2014
A wonderful School, a hidden gem. Great curriculum, teachers and Principal. The pre-k program is advanced and my son was reading In kindergarten. The strong academics continues though 8th grade with top notch technology, STEM program and robotics lab! Plus, they are a trilingual School.

Posted July 14, 2014
If I could give 10 stars, I would! My daughter is enrolled in St.Ferds and this is her 8th grade year. This morning, I wanted to enroll my sons in a public school but I decided to stop at Ferds first. Best decision I could have made! They treated as if I was family! My daughter could not be happier. She grew up at Ferds and I know if I had sent her to a public school in our area she would not have become the intelligent young lady she is today. I hope my boys will be the same way. The teachers are top notch! They go the extra mile when it comes to the education of their students. And the technology is also very up to date and used in class daily (iPads, laptops, etc.) My daughter treats it as almost a second home (so do I), it's an amazing environment. I can't wait to send my twins there and watch them grow into intelligent young boys. If you're thinking about where to send your kids and are considering St. Ferdinand, defiantly go for it! -Nataliya Lageyevsky

Posted June 06, 2014
St. Ferdinand school is the best in the area. My son loves going to school each day. The variety of course from preschool to junior high are fantastic. The Preschool is top notch. The teachers are caring and prepared my son to enter Kindergarten. My son loved his Ipad and music class. I would highly recommend sending your child to our school.

Posted September 23, 2013
My school is one of the best in the area compared to the CPS and other Catholic schools in the area. My child because of St. Ferdinand's great curriculum is excelling day by day. If you want to give your child a top notch education go to St. Ferdinand, trust me I have been to others and no comparison.

Posted March 05, 2012
The teachers here are dedicated and nurturing and the curriculum is outstanding and includes not only the core classes but Music, Art, Gym and Languages as well. The teachers work with each child at their own individual level while still challenging them to their maximum potential. I Love that there is such a diversity of students here, parents are great and volunteer often, it really gives the school that community feeling. Overall, it s an excellent school, and my kids love it here!

Posted May 26, 2011
Personally, my child likes his school. I have experienced that teachers and administration are active and working hard in seeking answers and solutions for what is best for every student. I also appreciate that there are still nuns teaching at St. Ferdinand in Chicago. It reminds me of when I was a child at school and I like this for my son, as well. I had a wonderful experience learning,working, and teaching at this school, under the leadersip of the current Principal. I am happy for my child and am grateful to this school.

Posted May 03, 2010
This school is like one big family. It is a technology rich, nurturing environment where children flourish. The parents/students and the teachers/staff have an excellent relationship and it is evident as you walk through our halls.

Posted April 21, 2010
St. Ferdinand's is a caring and complete school environment. They still have athletics, music, choir, and art besides Spanish taught at ALL grade levels and Chinese taught at the jr high level. What a great place for your child to grow and mature!

Posted August 29, 2008
My Children went to this school during their early years. It was a waste of money. We enrolled them there because there was a full time kindergarten. That is how they attract their students. The teachers and Principle have displayed symtoms of a bad relationship. I know that a master degree teacher makes minimum wage and it shows. The principle is not approachable. The music class is just singing. No music teachings of any sort. The art class is regularly substitited by an inappropriate role model. They boast a nurse but really use the preschool teacher that was once a nurse. They make the kids empty their desks at the end of every week so theans explain to the parents that it is so the weekend school kids don't steal or damage their belongings. Just Awful! Save your

Posted June 01, 2008
I give this school zero stars. This school is horrible, if your child does not start out as one of the 'in kids' then he will be picked on, isolated, ostraciszed. I have never seen such a school nor principal in my life. There are too many other Catholic schools in this area, to pick this one. Please... Plus Terra Nova scores are much lower here then other scores... An utter nightmare and waste of money

St Ferdinand Parish School
3131 North Mason Avenue, Chicago, IL  60634
Last modified St Ferdinand Parish School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Ferdinand Parish School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top