PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I reached out to the school to discuss a strategy to include parents, increase school performance, and develop stronger community bonds. The new principal is not interested and hung up on me. I would never send my child to a school where the Principal did not value my input as a parent.

This school is excellent. The small class sizes are great. The kids learn so much. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. Even though we are not Lutheran, my child learned SOOO much about the bible and Christianity that also applies to Catholics. My child loves learning about Jesus and loves school. Gloria Dei has the smallest class sizes in the area and great teachers. They have track, basketball, bowling, tutoring, and more!

This school features multiple age classroom groupings and has teachers experienced in this type of setting. At the upper grades, there is departmentalization in math and language arts, assuring that students are taught by teachers specializing in those areas. All teachers are certified and some hold specialist certificates. Since the school is small, it features a student-teacher ratio of about 10/1 allowing for more individualization. Religion is taught each day using the Bible as its main text. Chapel is held each Wednesday for all students and parents are invited to attend. The school has an easy to follow dress code.

Great. The student ratio per teachers allow the students to learn more. Teachers can focus more on the individualized educational needs of their students. Unfortunately there are no sports available for the students since the enrollment is low. It would be great to see spelling bee and math competitions and sports but as of know they do not exists. It's a great school for kids to develop good study habits that they will need when going to high school. The school is like a big family we all know each othert and care about the students and staff.Highly recommend it. Christian education which is important. The students receive a christian education that they so much need in their daily living. God truly should be center of it all.

I have been a parent for many years - have two graduates and a current student . I really do love Gloria Dei, my children have received a very good education and that is what I was looking for.

This is our family's first year with Gloria Dei after having left public school. I am very pleased with our decision and our children are thriving in the smaller classroom settings. The faculty and admin staff are wonderful and very responsive. There is a community feeling and a sense that everyone is looking out for one another. We are very happy and are looking forward to many more years here.

I used to be a student here and I hated it. No offence to the school, but there were many bullies that really distracted me from my work and infuriated me. Basically, they made my grades bad.

This school emphasizes math and science, and it shows when students move on to high school. They consistently rank much higher than other students. With the low number of students, there is a relaxed atmosphere, yet the dress code is enforced. Religion is a part of the curriculum but religious 'flavors' other than Lutheran are ok as well. Former students include business owners, executives and managers. A hidden gem on the southwest side of Chicago!

This school is very small but very friendly the people and teachers make you feel very welcome. My son recently started and absolutely loves it and I love his teacher. I wouldn't change anything except the school needs more students.

Last modified Gloria Dei Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8