Chicago, IL

Lutheran Unity School 4

Posted December 03, 2012
We are very happy with Lutheran Unity School. Our daughter, Mary, has been attending this school since preschool. Even though we were raised Catholic, We love what the school is all about and what it has to offer our daughter! All the staff and the teachers have been wonderful! Even the summer camp is a wonderful experience as well. We would recommend Lutheran Unity as a fine school to attend. We also like that the classes aren't too large where a child would feel lost! Sincerely, Robin and Craig Gancarczyk

Posted November 30, 2012
This school has been such a blessing to our family! The staff and teachers are wonderful and they truly love our children. The school is small, so it means small class sizes for more individual attention and better parent/teacher communication. This school offers extra-curricular opportunities that the larger public schools don't have such as art, music, sports, technology and much, much more! They also have before and after school care! I can't say enough about this school! This is private education at it's best!

Lutheran Unity School 4

Posted November 30, 2012
Lutheran Unity School Association, West Campus, has some outstanding teachers. The curriculum is wonderful and my children have always received a good education. It recently was formed from four other Lutheran Grammar Schools and we are a product of one of those schools. The theory behind the consolidation was solid. As in any school, there is room for improvement and they are always striving to achieve better. The Christian atmosphere is wonderful and communicated to and through the students, parents, faculty and staff. The small class size leads to more individualized help, when needed. The dedicated faculty and staff are always there to talk to about any situation. LUSA is worth looking into if you value a good education for your child.

Posted November 30, 2012
As a parent whose child has been attending LUSA since kindergarten, I highly recommend it. With small class sizes, they get individual attention consistently. The after school care knows every student. I feel secure knowing my child is safe and cared for at all times. The curriculum is challenging and the staff is experienced, dedicated and genuinely cares about the children. My daughter loves this school and we would recommend it highly!

Posted November 30, 2012
I can't say enough about Lutheran Unity School! I know my child is getting a top notch education that not only includes academics but also includes learning to be strong leaders and stewards! It's an education that is priceless!

Posted March 24, 2011
My girls love this school. They have a great time learning, plus they never give me a hard time about going to school. That says alot about the school and the wonderful staff.

Posted July 21, 2010
St. Paul does provide a Christ centered education and recent years graduates have tested into select enrollment schools, but the quality of education has slipped significantly in pre-k and the lower grades. I am taking my children out of St. Paul because there are other Christian schools in the community that do provide a high quality Christ centered education. Combing is a signal that this school is going in the wrong direction.

Posted July 14, 2010
I send my child to St. Paul to receive a Christ centered education. Dedicated teachers provide the excellent academics that are reflected by the graduates who are accepted into the most competitive Chicago high schools. While I understand the school is making changes during a difficult economical time I have full confidence that my child will continue to receive the individual attention he has rec'd in the past as well as participate in all wonderful extras that are available to him i.e. the sciene olympics, sports programs, plays/musicals. I recommend the school for all it offers as well as the blessing of community that the families bring to St. Paul.

Posted June 29, 2010
It is with regret that I will be taking my child out of St. Paul. It had been a good school in prior years, but with recent layoffs and the combining of 2nd and 3rd and 4th and 5th I am concerned that the quality of education will decline further. The new curriculum for the combined grades is being determined by the two most inexperienced teachers on the staff. As much as the administration attempts to sell this as an innovation in education, it is really the beginning of the end for St. Paul.

Posted June 10, 2010
I am disappointed in the direction this school has taken over the past few years. I understand that low enrollment and financial problems have necessitated the reduction in teaching staff and the combing of grades, but the quality of education has and will continue to decline. They are trying to sell double grades as great new direction in education, but it is being done because financially the school has its back against the wall. I cannot recommend this school and am considering taking my children out.

Lutheran Unity School