PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Morgan Park Academy 4

Posted July 05, 2016
I am a student (class of 2018) at MPA and overall it's great. Academically, it's suitable it goes at a nice but strong pace. Teachers, almost everyone here is great, I don't know much about the lower school since I came to MPA in my 7th grade but all the teachers I have had are great, especially Mr. Malcolm who is the 7th grade science teacher, the passionate person about MPA and teacher you will ever meet and Mr. Radulescu who is the perfect math teacher, he explains in depth and always makes sure no student is ever falling behind, his door is almost always open if you need help. Sports, I won't lie if you're looking to win in sports don't go for it, but if you're looking to build connections and gain new schools sports are the best. I went into freshman year, never played soccer in my life, and I learned all the basics I needed before the season actually started and since then I have been working and fine tuning them, I also play tennis, made it to the varsity as first single, also as a freshman. Sports here are great for new skill sets and learning fast. I see that parents here are talking about horrible the teachers and how parents don't talk to each other, that's a lie and I don't know how they have come up with this stuff. MPA is a tight net of interaction, if you're a parent and want some help go to the activities like Academy day and go to the sports games, you'll be surprised of how much can talk, if the experience is when you're picking up your kid the reason could be they want to go home because they just got off of work and are tired, nothing against you as being "new" or something, people are tired. And if your kids are having trouble because of their peers then I'm sorry but at MPA you usually find those few people that become life long friends. If your son's or daughter's peers seem weird or treating them differently and they're in the lower or lower middle school then they're just awkward and it'll get better. MPA is a good school, there's here and there little things that bug me but it's a personal preference like the small nature of the class of 20xx, I like bigger schools but that's personal preference. If you're thinking of sending your kid here, do it it's a great school, I wish I could say more but I'm running out of room. ~Diego

Morgan Park Academy 5

Posted April 11, 2016
My daughters have had a wonderful experience. My eldest is now in college and feels so well prepared with all the experiences she had in high school from the critique she had on her projects and papers to the out of the classroom experiences she had around the world. So happy I chose this school for the education of my children.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted April 07, 2016
There are not enough adjectives I could use to describe how bad I feel the teachers are. But if you have a thesaurus and you look up the word awful; you will start to get an idea.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted April 07, 2016
The teachers that are employed here are terrible at best, but they border on what I would call evil.

Morgan Park Academy 1

Posted April 07, 2016
If I could rate this place in negative stars, I would. If you want your child to feel ostracized & bullied by the TEACHERS, by all means spend your money here.

Morgan Park Academy 4

Posted March 27, 2016
The school is doing well and the programs are expanding. I just read on Facebook that one of their high school teachers is a finalist for the Golden Apple. The last review is simply not true. Not sure where that is coming from... They are always renovating something. I feel like the tuition is high, although the indexed tuition made it possible for us to afford it. We wanted a good education and we were not interested in the local catholic schools. Small class size, very good teachers and they have a theater with a good performing arts program. We feel like it is worth it.

Morgan Park Academy 1

Posted March 19, 2016
Don't let the landscaping and campus fool you. School is failing and they are in financial trouble.

Morgan Park Academy 5

Posted March 16, 2016
We have had a great experience so far. We like the diversity, the constant feedback from teachers, and the community.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 22, 2016
for being so dedicated and caring. Being a teacher is a vocation and we appreciate what they do everyday.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted February 22, 2016
I am very pleased with the teachers overall. I like how my child gets PE everyday and get to go to Arts and Music in the Arts Center.

2153 W 111th St, Chicago, IL  60643