PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Any parent would tell you that it is the most important thing: teaching students to be kind and respectful. My son has had positive interactions with his peers. The principal is very proactive at informing parents if anything is happening.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

For the limited interactions have had, it has been positive. They seem to be well organized.

Develops character: Strongly agree

In this current climate, we feel very fortunate to have our son at MPA. It has a very diverse student population and it teaches our son about other cultures and perspectives in a respectful and positive environment.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We have had positive interactions with teachers. Their online system really keeps us informed about our son's progress.

It's a wonderful school. Great academics and a diverse student body that respects one another.

My son is a senior this year and transferring to MPA was worth the investment. He is visiting colleges which I thought he would never want to do. I am so proud of how he has matured. He seemed to have developed a great relationship with Mr. Drahazol in upper school and Mr. Malcolm in middle school. Being a single mother positive male role models are hard to find. Thank you for filling in the gap

I am a grandparent and have watched my two grandchildren flourish since being at MPA. My daughter speaks highly of the teachers and administration who work hard to support the things the kids care about i.e, sports and theater while providing a nurturing educational environment. If there is one thing I would say needs improvement is parent involvement. I attended the back to school picnic, sports events, Christmas decoration, and almost every event the Parents Association sponsors and there are the same handful of parents at these events. Maybe the parent complaining above may have had a better experience if she had been in partnership with her child's teachers

My daughter came to MPA in 3rd grade. She was bullied and came home daily feeling depressed, unheard and unsupported. Despite several discussions with the teachers, no solution could address this very serious problem within this school. I didn't want to change schools because I was too amazed at the pretty campus and the low student:teacher ratio. However, while I thought the diversity would have a good influence on my child, it had the opposite effect. My child became angry, bitter and ultimately became what she faced everyday- a bully- and she was ultimately expelled from the school because as the Dean expressed, "MPA faculty and staff don't have the emotional skills to appropriately handle students." While they do have a counselor for the children, my child told me she didn't trust the current one they had because she seemed to gossip about the children to the other teachers instead of trying to help. Not mention, while the student population is diverse, most, if not all, of the teachers are white and without the "emotional skills" to healthily teach diverse populations. My child was able to go to a public school and SOAR! She is on the honor roll, in several school activities, high test scores and is possibly starting a debate team in her school. I was initially heartbroken and terrified about my child going to public school (and having to pay over $10k/ yr for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade and of course I didn't get refunded anything after they kicked my child out of school). However, it was the best thing that could have ever happened to her. MPA, while some teachers are truly special, as a whole, has much room for improvement. Do not be fooled by the campus appearance!

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Absolutely not! Very unskilled as a whole. After 3 years of my child attending MPA, she can only speak highly of about 3 teachers that supported her and made her feel safe.

Effective school leaders: Agree

I do applaud the Dean for being honest about her school's weaknesses. How she dismissed my child was quite unprofessional but I figure if you are able to be honest about your weaknesses, that the best start to getting better.

Last modified Morgan Park Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12