Chicago, IL
Before care: Yes

Posted November 27, 2014
I just love the school. They have great teachers and a vibrant parents club. I have a son in the middle school and he really likes it. He was involved in the musical and he likes the after school offerings. They have great teachers and they seem really happy to be working there.

Posted October 29, 2014
I love Morgan Park Academy. This education is second to none. The small class sizes allow each child amazing opportunities for intellectual and social growth. My children are excelling at this excellent school; the educators are incredible.

Morgan Park Academy 4

Posted August 12, 2014
Morgan Park Academy Sunday's posting by a parent who was very critical of the recent decisions and changes made at the Academy prompted me to respond. How long will we continue to play Monday morning quarterback? We have more people tearing down than building up. There are only two camps - part of the problem or part of the solution. Negative intentions are clear even when we wrap them in pseudo compliments. Getting involved allow one to see the big picture and then can you to work with the program instead of tearing it down. We must do better - be less critical and opinionated and more hands on.

Morgan Park Academy 2

Posted August 10, 2014
The school has improved a bit since the former head of school left. but the trustees did not do their job. They were charged with finding the best head of school. They did not look and chose the Finance Director. She has no educational experience. Add to that former trustees who chose the previous head of school and then left after there were many disasters have now come back. No good can come of this. When a school is run by PC standards the school and children suffer. Its not the school it used to be or should be.

Posted March 31, 2014
With every life experience nothing is perfect. With that said, you can add parental involvement plus school involvement to equals a successful growing being. Without both, failure is inevitable.

Posted December 16, 2013
Morgan Park Academy has been wonderful for my three children, who started in the lower school this past year. Compared to the public schools we were at previously, I feel like they have finally found their true selves, are supported 100% by very loving and dedicated teachers and have made a terrific set of peer friends. The older kids are supportive of the younger kids - it feels like a great big family! We couldn't be happier.

Posted October 20, 2013
Big things are happening for the better at MPA. I think the administrative changes are long overdue but will address these concerns. I just hope the Board will get the teachers back! We had the greatest, most committed, creative educators, and although I have not had enough time to get to know the newly-hired educators, who may be wonderful . . . I really must the old teachers! I hope the Board is listening. I would also love to know when the Board meets, so parents can communicate. The principals are great, but the leadership failed.

Morgan Park Academy 1

Posted September 30, 2013
The school is no longer as it use to be and anyone that says that its a solid school must live in the neighborhood and are VERY limited with the choices of schools. Why have so many teachers left? Why is upper school full of exchange students? The only reason that someone would rate the school so high is because they have no other choice of schools. If you have other choices please do so. It's not worth the money at all. Since the new head of school has been there around 35 staff members have left.

Posted September 27, 2013
MPA has been so wonderful for my eighth-grade son, and the staff have been so kind to him. He feels so far away from the difficulties at his previous school because of the healing that has taken place at MPA. Someone he knew slightly at his old school has started at MPA this year. The boys got together this summer to talk about MPA and how it is a different place. I overheard part of the conversation, and more the tone of enthusiasm my son had, in talking about his teachers and the students, and the cool and quirky things they do. I saw in this other boy the same look my son had 2 years ago, and I know he'll feel differently after a little time at MPA. We are so grateful for the generosity of the school and its board that makes it possible for him to be there.

Posted September 27, 2013
The school is solid with a strong academic program. I know that our child is in the Upper School and the enrollment there is higher then last year. Our child likes the challenging curriculum that is in place. For us this is the best place to send our child.

Morgan Park Academy