PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

School is the worst, administration is nice nasty so called Christian folk. I wouldn't recommend them to my enemy.

My daughter is in Kindergarden, my son in 4th grade, and my family love the teachers and staff. The school pushes the children to excel but holds their hands the whole way through. I will admit the school seem to be a little to advance for my children at this time, this is their 1st yr so their still adapting. Its important to be prepared to study with your children every night for atleast 2-3hrs and atleast 6 days a week; its hard for me but I know now and will be ready for next yr, I'll begin preparing my children in the summer..When I need to be late with a payment, the front desk staff is nice and always willing to help. My son loves the principal who expressed so much love for him, and I appreciated that. Last but not least the cost is SO AFFORTABLE. The school has before care beginning at 6am and ending at 7pm, what a convience for a single working mom..

My children attended ECS, they were there from Pre-3 to 4 th grade. The reason I removed them from the school was, one of my daughters was in 1st grade and the teacher was horrible, she needed to retire, she was older and unable to relate to the children. I am a parent that was highly involved with my girls and their teachers. They wanted to me to remove my daughter from the school because they said she needed to get an IEP. I removed her from the school at the end of the school year enrolled her in Sylvan, so when the school year started back she was ready and on point... My point in this is that they gave up on my child without any direction to point me in to help her. With God's direction I got her where she needed to be. my other daughter was in the 4th an the teacher was very mean and unfair in her teaching. I was fed up I removed her from the school, before leaving I wrote a letter to the appropriate persons, nothing happened. But at then end she marked my daughter absent after I had withdrawn her from the school and stated that she missed test gave her zero's and calculated them into her grades which brought her GPA and grades down ,the principal made her recalculated it....

I am giving this school four stars. Because my child has been attending for almost two years and I have not had any issues thus far. I really do like that fact that my child is more advanced then she would be at C.P.S. (she started having spelling test in Pre-4.) I have not had any problems with staff and I really do like her teacher, the school building is being renovated so that is a plus. The cost of tuiton is cheap compared to other private schools and I like the discipline and structure that they enforce. The only thing I have problems with is the traffc in the morning, I believe the school should do something else about it. I notice a few of the reviews were on the negative side but overall my personal experience with the school has been a good one so far.

I enjoy my 2 girls being at ECS. They are academically challenged, held accountable and free to praise GOD. I have seen ECS technologically grow over the 6 years my children have been there. The teachers are solid and consistent and I really like their discplinary process.

I'm not sure why my experience was deleted, but my son was not happy here. We left this school in the middle of the school year when his substitute teacher left his 4 year old class unsupervised and he got hand sanitizer in his eyes which caused a chemical burn. They are very disciplined if you like your 4 year old yelled at all day for talking. The academics were mediocre compared to the homeschool that taught my son to read sentences at 3.5 and count to 100. I have seen other parents have issues with the staff and they are very rude as if you are bothering them. I will be checking back and reposting of necessary because they are far from a Christian environment.

I am a new parent of ECS and I find it to be rewarding for my child. He is excited to learn and is advancing academically to be in Pre-K. I was very surprised at the curriculum and the things he is learning at an early age. I am glad that I took him out of daycare because the results have been phenomenal.

I am a teacher and a parent at ECS. ECS has an excellent curriculum that prepares the students for the future. I am a product of ECS. I wouldn't have my daughter at ECS, if I didn't believe that the teachers are great. Parents who make negative comments about ECS and the staff are the one's who need deliverence. This is a Christian school. We expect parents to be involved. The negative comments comes from parents who want the staff to do it all. They are not involved, sow discord, and point their fingers for their children's failure. Before poniting fingers, we should all self-examine ourselves. I have been at ECS for nearly 10 years. I have taught almost every grade level. It is unfortunate that only ONE parent think so lowly of me, and wants to slander my character. Remember, that is not the spirit of the Lord. In addition, a legal issue can arise from behaving so poorly on this site. That one parent needs a reality check.

I love this school. Evangelical has an advanced curriculum. It prepares students for high school and college. My neices and nephews attended this school. I salute the great teaching staff and admnistrative team! Keep up the good work.

I would not recommend any parent who's really concerned about their child's acedemics, and there overall well being. You would think the school represents good character, integrity, professionalism, christian values, etc....well they do not honor any of the above. The staff is flat out rude, they do not know how to solve any problems or conflict that arise. I so regret the fact I wasted two years of not only my time and my children's time as well. One thing they did do was work very hard at stressing parents out. The teachers are not equipped at all to deal with children, they're mean to them, constantly yelling as if to show no mercy. I completely understand the level of tolerance one must have to deal with other peoples children, however they have absolutely no tolerance, no compassion non whatsoever. The first year which was pre 4, My children both had Ms. C. Jefferson who was completely the most rude, having no patience, no tolerance, no respect for parents or students. A parent mentioned the tuition being the cheapest, they not alone should be cheaper, they shouldn't even be in business, or they need an entirely new structure. The bathrooms always smell with gnats flying.

Last modified Evangelical Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8