PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter goes to preschool here and we could not love this school more. I am absolutely amazed with all they do and learn in this class. The education is top notch, the arts and crafts they do are impressive, and most importantly my daughter loves it. Not only is she learning beyond our expectations, but they focus on character building which is wonderful. I could not recommend St. Luke more!

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Principal Beck never address any issue we brought to her attention as parents.

The teachers are terrible people, they never communicate with parent. All they do is right derogatory comments on students report card.

Our 3 year old daughter is in the preschool program and absolutely loves it. All of the staff greet both myself, my daughter, and my son in a pleasant accommodating manner each morning during drop off. Everyone seems to go the extra mile to make our daughter enjoy and get the most out of school. They are also very flexible with enrollment to accommodate my scheduling needs (1/2 day vs full day, aftercare, etc.) She's learning a lot and its great to see pictures and comments each day posted on Homeroom (app). They also do a nice job with events (Xmas play, grandparent day, etc.). The principal, Mrs Beck, is also the head teacher for preschool and is always helpful with ideas to continue her education / development at home. Highly recommend the preschool program.

Saint Luke Academy is where you send your children if you want to know that they are going to be loved, safe, and given a high quality education. I began my teaching career there, and enjoyed it immensely. From what I've seen in the past few years, it has made great advancements in academics and environment alike- lots of construction and added technology going on! Students at Saint Luke are part of a tight-knit family and learn values that they'll carry with them for life. I'd recommend this school to all parents, students and teachers. Go Knights!

Saint Luke Academy is a wonderful school. This past Labor Day my son was rushed to Luries Childrens hospital in Chicago where he battled for his life. We, as a family, had to pick up and move into the hopital which was a challenge since we lived in Arlington Heights and our 5 year old daughter was attending school there. Saint Lukes welcomed us with open arms and took a huge weight off of our shoulders while her father and I took care of our son. They covered her tuition as well as provided a uniform and hot lunch. They never asked for a penny of it back and that alone showed me the compassion of the staff and school. She entered the school writing her name backwards, not being able to recognize her numbers in order and not being able to even sound out letters. When she graduated kindergarten, she could not only reconize all her letters and numbers but she was sounding out words, reading books, and the math was certainly on a level I did not expect until first or second grade! The communication between her teacher and us parents was fantastic! We loved reading the blog (which all the teachers do) when we weren't able to see her when she got home. We are forever thankful for Saint Lukes. They have set the tone in our daughters life and since we have moved back home, her new school definitely has some high standards to meet thanks to Saint Luke's setting the bar high for our daughters education

My biggest concern about Saint Luke is the high turnover rate of teachers. I have noticed that there are new teachers every single year. This leads me to question what the administration is doing behind closed doors. Also, a recent appointment of a VP position to a 5th/6th grade teacher has me questioning whether some of these teachers are fully qualified for their positions. I think this school needs a lot of work for it to be successful. Unfortunately, I think this change begins with the administration and from the looks of it they are not supporters of changing their ways. Many of the employees of this school graduated from this St luke therefore they have not witnessed what a successful school looks like/operates. Unless you're planning on donating a lot of money here then don't expect to get a hello or a smile from the principal or administration. With this being said, my child will be attending another school this year.

This school is amazing and kept a secret in the Lakeview area. The teachers are so caring and engaged with the children one on one unlike a CPS school where there are too many kids in one class. My kids have been at this school for the past 4 years and their development has been exceptional. Saint Luke has one of the best preschool program in the city. I would absolutely recommend this school.

My child attended PreSchool at Saint Luke Academy, and was required to participate in activities that were too much for a young child. For example, my child performed in the all school play where the student body had to be there late into the evening and then show up to school the next day. This was too much for my child and I wondered how much academic work was being done at this time not only for my child but the other grades as well. The PreSchool program overall was FANTASTIC. All the teachers were wonderful and cared for each and every child. I was disappointed to hear that many of the PreSchool teachers would not be returning for the following school year. This information is what determined my choice to withdrawal my child from the school. This school has so much potential to be great. However, due to poor administration, the emphasis is put on fundraising rather than providing an excellent curriculum for the students.

My child had attended Saint Luke for many years and I noticed that there was a high turnover rate for teachers, a new staff every year. I always wondered why. As an involved parent volunteer I was able to see first hand as to why this year. Staff here is profoundly mistreated. Teachers are forced to attend mandatory church services and school overnights all unpaid. It seemed the teachers were working every single weekend. As well as on multiple occasions I witnessed administration verbally mistreating staff first hand. As well as not even offering staff a break for lunch. This treatment also trickles down to parents. I was highly involved in the classroom and volunteering yet administration never said hi to me nor could even remember my first name. However parents that donated a lot of money to the school were treated as royalty. I guess volunteering your free time doesn't mean as much as a hefty check. After witnessing this all I have decided to not return to Saint Luke next year. I want my child to learn Christian values and citizenship. This school is a do as I say not as I do. While the curriculum is heavy in theology, the way staff and parents are treated completely negates the love and compassion of Christ. I feel this is not setting a good example for my child as what it means to be Christ like. Besides the lack of positive morals, the school is highly unorganized and students are treated as performers. Often asked to sing at multiple events on the weekend and some on week nights. It seems as the years have gone on the school has gotten progressively worse. I would not recommend parents to send their children there nor teachers to work there.

Last modified St Luke Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8