No rating

Ashburn Lutheran School

Private | PK-8

Living in Chicago

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $108,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $960.

Posted June 20, 2014

My son has been at Ashburn Lutheran since kindergarten. It is a great school. I really like the smaller class size that my son thrived in. They are not caught up in the political trappings that the CPS schools are involved. His teachers have been prompt to respond to questions about my son's progress.

Posted March 4, 2014

I will never understand the professionalism behind a teacher's communication with another student's peers about another student issues. How unprofessional! And, I will never understand why teachers commuicate adult issues with children. Talk to the parents... don't be afraid!

Posted March 4, 2014

I have experienced 2 children in the upper grades (5th thru 8th grade) at this school.They will need a supplement to pass into the next grade. This school is overpriced with poor resources and academically and professionally challenged administration. I am so saddened that this school is insensitive and uncaring. This school needs to be EVALUATED by the Department of Education. It really doesn't make sense that we have teachers that are discussing parenting issues (birds and the bees) with students and then tell the students to not tell their parents about the conversation. You should have been reported. And, how benefiting for a teacher to teach while intoxicated.What a mentor! I will not recommend. This should be a turn around school.

Posted November 19, 2013

Our children continue to exceed in academics at this school. Students who graduate from Ashburn Lutheran School are being accepted into elite high schools in the Chicago area. We feel supported by the principal and the teachers at this school. We are very fortunate to have this school in our neighborhood and that our children are nurtured both academically and spiritually.

Posted November 7, 2013

Let me began with stating that students are receiving a subpar education at Ashburn. The students' textbooks are dated and in extremely poor condition. The teachers are clueless and the curriculum is not challenging enough for the students. I Attented a meeting last month, in regards to the school's fiscal crisis, with only six parents in attendance. The parents were informed in the meeting that the school couldn't purchase new textbooks for the current or new school year in 2014. The school will have to raise tuition because of there low enrollment. This school will probably close after 2014, if it can't survive the low enrollment situation. Currently looking at other private schools now for my child. Sincerely livid parent.

Posted October 7, 2013

My family and I love Ashburn Lutheran School. The administration and teachers care about the students, and my children are being challenged and excelling. The small class size offers the opportunity for individualized attention, and promotes the family atmosphere of Ashburn. Over the past year, administration has worked hard raising the academic standards even further. If you are looking for a great school in a Christian environment, Ashburn is for you!

Posted August 29, 2013

Ashburn Lutheran The class sizes are small and the teachers really care about the children. My son is being taught very erly the importance of reading and writing. If he does not know a word he will ask you what does that mean. When he is writing a sentence he will ask you to spell the word, if he is not familiar with the word. He also knows when to use the correct punction for his statement (period, question mark and execlamation). Did I mention he learned all this in the kindergarten. The first grade teacher gave us a packet for our childern to complete over the summmer. The packet was due the first day of class. I am happy my son attends Ashburn Luthern

Posted April 2, 2012

My son goes to Ashburn. I don't like the combined 1st and 2nd grade class. He don't get the attention he needs altho the class isn't real big. The teacher yells a lot.

Posted December 19, 2010

I have two children attending ALS. I absolutely love the overall school environment!!! The principal and teachers exhibit professionalism always and set very high expectations for our children. Similarly, they are preparing our children to globally compete. More importantly, they have hidden gems such as an excellent reading resource teacher and superb 6th grade science teacher. I am very grateful to them for educating my children. They do not entertain mediocrity in education.

Posted May 12, 2010

Ashburn Lutheran has well qualified teachers. They promote a safe and nurturing Christian environment. They also have small classes. Students are very respectful and they love learning. It's a great place to learn and grow.

Posted May 11, 2010

I appreciate the small class sizes which allow teachers to work more closely with students. The principle is committed to school excellence and the children are genuinely happy.

Posted May 11, 2010

ALS provides a christian education in a nuturing environment and promotes family involvement in the success of the students. The small classroom size promote more individual attention from teachers. This is a safe environment for children to learn and grow that promotes improvement of its program.

Posted May 10, 2010

My child will be completing her 1st year at ALC. She is in 1st grade and has made great improvements, in particular in reading. I wish there where more 'Free' schools in the area that it compared to. The class sizes are great and they just introduced a few after school programs, such as Drumming, Tap Dance and Creative Writing. Keep up the good work.

Posted April 4, 2010

I have been a part of Ashburn for years and I still have yet to find a school that is better suited for any child looking for an exceptional christian and academic education.

Posted March 26, 2009

Ashburn Lutheran is a fantastic school that has a professional principal and caring teachers. It is safe and secure in a Christian setting. We love it!

Posted May 7, 2008

It just doesn't get much better than Ashburn Lutheran School. We have a great principal in place who is a true leader and a staff of extremely qualified teachers. The class sizes are just right and you can be assured that your child will excel at ALS. All you need to do is communicate and work with the teachers - it's the only way to ensure that your child will do his/her personal best.

Posted March 26, 2008

Dear Parents, Ashburn Lutheran School is an 'Excellent' school. I highly recommend this school and I am truly grateful that both of my children attend.

Posted February 4, 2008

I think Ashurn Lutheran School is great. My son Malik has been there for four years now and he loves it.

Posted January 20, 2008

My son has been at Ashburn for four years. I love the family feel of the school and I love the small classroom sizes. I can drop him off everyday knowing that he will be surrounded by people who care about him.

Posted January 11, 2008

Ashburn Lutheran School is a great place to get a great education in a challenging and caring environment. The new computer lab and foreign language program are outstanding! Check us out!
—Submitted by a teacher

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Demetra Kirksey
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Evangelical lutheran church in america
Associations
  • ELEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3345 West 83rd Street