PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

My son has been at Ashburn Lutheran since kindergarten. It is a great school. I really like the smaller class size that my son thrived in. They are not caught up in the political trappings that the CPS schools are involved. His teachers have been prompt to respond to questions about my son's progress.

I will never understand the professionalism behind a teacher's communication with another student's peers about another student issues. How unprofessional! And, I will never understand why teachers commuicate adult issues with children. Talk to the parents... don't be afraid!

I have experienced 2 children in the upper grades (5th thru 8th grade) at this school.They will need a supplement to pass into the next grade. This school is overpriced with poor resources and academically and professionally challenged administration. I am so saddened that this school is insensitive and uncaring. This school needs to be EVALUATED by the Department of Education. It really doesn't make sense that we have teachers that are discussing parenting issues (birds and the bees) with students and then tell the students to not tell their parents about the conversation. You should have been reported. And, how benefiting for a teacher to teach while intoxicated.What a mentor! I will not recommend. This should be a turn around school.

Our children continue to exceed in academics at this school. Students who graduate from Ashburn Lutheran School are being accepted into elite high schools in the Chicago area. We feel supported by the principal and the teachers at this school. We are very fortunate to have this school in our neighborhood and that our children are nurtured both academically and spiritually.

Let me began with stating that students are receiving a subpar education at Ashburn. The students' textbooks are dated and in extremely poor condition. The teachers are clueless and the curriculum is not challenging enough for the students. I Attented a meeting last month, in regards to the school's fiscal crisis, with only six parents in attendance. The parents were informed in the meeting that the school couldn't purchase new textbooks for the current or new school year in 2014. The school will have to raise tuition because of there low enrollment. This school will probably close after 2014, if it can't survive the low enrollment situation. Currently looking at other private schools now for my child. Sincerely livid parent.

My family and I love Ashburn Lutheran School. The administration and teachers care about the students, and my children are being challenged and excelling. The small class size offers the opportunity for individualized attention, and promotes the family atmosphere of Ashburn. Over the past year, administration has worked hard raising the academic standards even further. If you are looking for a great school in a Christian environment, Ashburn is for you!

Ashburn Lutheran The class sizes are small and the teachers really care about the children. My son is being taught very erly the importance of reading and writing. If he does not know a word he will ask you what does that mean. When he is writing a sentence he will ask you to spell the word, if he is not familiar with the word. He also knows when to use the correct punction for his statement (period, question mark and execlamation). Did I mention he learned all this in the kindergarten. The first grade teacher gave us a packet for our childern to complete over the summmer. The packet was due the first day of class. I am happy my son attends Ashburn Luthern

My son goes to Ashburn. I don't like the combined 1st and 2nd grade class. He don't get the attention he needs altho the class isn't real big. The teacher yells a lot.

I have two children attending ALS. I absolutely love the overall school environment!!! The principal and teachers exhibit professionalism always and set very high expectations for our children. Similarly, they are preparing our children to globally compete. More importantly, they have hidden gems such as an excellent reading resource teacher and superb 6th grade science teacher. I am very grateful to them for educating my children. They do not entertain mediocrity in education.

Ashburn Lutheran has well qualified teachers. They promote a safe and nurturing Christian environment. They also have small classes. Students are very respectful and they love learning. It's a great place to learn and grow.

Last modified Ashburn Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8