Chicago, IL
Before care: Yes

Posted April 24, 2013
For 2 years, I desperately searched for a school for my daughter and nephew. I discovered HCCS on the Internet and have seen the academic advances they made since attending. The teachers understand them, are dedicated and honest, and this is to be said about all their friends. My daughter and nephew have each asked me not to transfer them to another school. They want to stay until they attend high school. It does not bother me to travel from Maywood to Humboldt and from Humboldt to Glendale Heights then back to Humboldt and again to Maywood. I want to encourage you to give Humboldt your vote of confidence and register your children. You will see a difference! - Carmen Flores (new parent)

Posted April 30, 2011
My son has never been happier then he is now at Humboldt Community Christian School. He has become a better reader and has advanced in all subjects since transferring here. Mrs. Rodriguez is a very good teacher and extremely polite. He is eager to go to school everyday. Conflicts with other kids are almost non-existent. He likes all his classmates and he tells me nothing, but good things about them. I am also very happy with the lunches he is served because of the healthier option here compared to the Chicago Public Schools. Furthermore, the class sizes are small enough so the teacher is not overwhelmed and she pays much attention to each child. This is his first year at Humboldt, but he will continue here until he graduates in 6 years. I love that they are taught about the Bible and that all kids here are aware that Jesus died on the cross to save each one of us. Rachel is a very kind person and loves all the kids and they love her as well. Mrs. Flores is the best principal and she treats each kid with respect and makes sure that rules are followed throughout the school not only by the kids, but the staff as well. The tuition is very reasonable and well worth it. - Gloria Espinosa

Posted October 08, 2010
We just wanted to express our GREATEST GRATITUDE for the advancement of our daughter who is a current student at HCCS. Our daughter, before starting at your PreK program spoke very, very little English, just because we wanted her to be bilingual, and we started her with only speaking Spanish. We were AMAZED that in 2 days after starting the PreK program, she was able to learn her ABC s and that in English, and in 2 weeks she was speaking very fluent English. We are truly surprised and overwhelmed at her advancement and growth. So one again my wife and I are truly GRATEFUL for Miss Abby and the work you all are doing for the development, education and advancement of our little one Savannah. Thank you ALL! Always at His and Your Service, Angel and Ruth Roman GRATEFUL PARENTS

Posted July 14, 2009
Growing up in the public school system and beginning my teaching career there as well, I didn t expect to end up in a small Christian community such as Humboldt. However, in teaching 5th grade here, I am constantly encouraged by the staff and the students that attend the school. In just a few months, I have had privilege of seeing my students grow spiritually, independently, and intellectually. Not only have they learned the material, but they have learned to think critically about what they learn through a Christian perspective and apply those principles to their lives. For me, being a teacher is so worthwhile when I am able to see this kind of participation going on inside and outside the classroom because I know I am watching children who will be great examples as they get older. - Melissa Ansley, 5th grade teacher

Posted July 09, 2009
I have been the Kdg teacher at HCCS for the last 8 years and am loving it! I get the opportunity to mold the future movers and shakers for the kingdom of God. I believe in our school, our teachers, and the godly principles that this school has always been based on. I am not only a teacher here but also a parent. All of my 5 children have come here, and my oldest two are progressing well at Pritzker College Prep. At HCCS my kids have gotten a biblical foundation as well as a great education. I have faith that, as a result of attending HCCS, our children will be well-rounded individuals and a light in the dark.

Posted July 09, 2009

Posted January 10, 2007
H.C.C.S. has done wonders for my 2 kids!! From learning about diversity, having 1 on 1 teaching time, to implementing the Word of God in their lives and living it out! My children are being well prepared for the future. The teachers are awesome. They engage, enforce, and expect the best. They truly love and for each student. Their devotion, commitment, and involment is clearly seen everyday. H.C.C.S has incredibly exceeded my expectations. My kids are safe, loved, and well taught. They have a wonderful sense of community, and family there. Children are better people because of H.C.C.S! I totally recommend this school to all parents who are seeking great education, fantastic teachers, and most of all a God lead focused future for for their children!

Humboldt Community Christian School 1

Posted January 10, 2007

Posted January 09, 2007
Hccs is a family is well as a school. The teachers dedication is remarkable and the parent involvment is outstanding. Each student recieves exactly what he/she needs in all areas of education as well as child development. Signed, proud parent / happy customer.

Posted January 08, 2007
I just want to share with you how wonderful it feels to know that my son is receiving a great education at H.C.C.S. My son is in 7th grade and loving everyday of school. He loves and respects the teachers which might I add are WONDERFUL. The small classroom sizes make all the difference. Too experience the difference consider H.C.C.S. for your child(s) education. You won't regret it! Proud Mom!!!

Humboldt Community Christian School
1847 North Humboldt Boulevard, Chicago, IL  60647
Last modified Humboldt Community Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Humboldt Community Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top