Chicago, IL
Before care: Yes

Posted September 26, 2008
Best school ever!i loved going it becomes your second family && they prepare you for whats to come in highschool...Honestly i miss it so much the teachers care about you so they always want u to do good

Maternity Bvm Elementary School 0

Posted January 14, 2008
Maternity is a really great school

Posted July 10, 2007
This school has helped my child who was in a public school for 3 years in a bilingual progam and could not read. What a difference two years have made at BVM. My child is a good reader now thanks to the teachers who really care about education!

Posted July 10, 2007

Posted February 20, 2007
I'm a mother of three graduates of Maternity B.V.M and from my experience it was wonderful. Thanks to the education provided, my children are on the path to successfully completing their education. I personally would strongly recommend sending your children to Maternity B.V.M

Posted February 15, 2007
I had my son at Casals and and before we moved at Stowe. Going to BVM was not the same as the other schools. It is so much better and the teachers and pricipal I love.

Posted September 12, 2006
I am new to this school. I have found the teachers and staff very friendly. I would tell another mom looking for a school that Maternity BVM is a good choice. I have looked at the neighborhood public schools, and they have much lower scores than BVM. BVM also has smaller classes which give the kids more personal attention.

Posted August 28, 2006
BVM is a wonderful place to send your kids. When I drop my babies off I know that they are being left with their 'second family'. Every person in the school knows the kids names, and that is something the kids like. It is that it is a small school and the teachers really take the time there. As a mother, I would tell any other mothers to check out this school.

Maternity Bvm Elementary School 2

Posted August 16, 2005
I wouldn't recommend any parent to send their precious ones to Maternity B.V.M. The school has no structure starting with the principal Ms. Calvert and most of the teachers for the exception of a few. They were trying to get me to medicate my son with ritalin, because he wouldn't stay put in his seat, but I took my my son to an upscale school were they analyzed him, and found that all he needed was glasses-It broke my heart that my son had to go through so much harrassment from them. Now my son is getting all A's/B's at another school. My son never needed ritalin, all he needed was his glasses. Please, whatever you do, do not send your kids to Maternity B.V.M.

Posted October 27, 2004
I have had my two children at Maternity BVM since my youngest was in kindergarten. My daughter will be graduating next year and my son is now in 4th grade. The teachers at this school have so much knowledge of the students and are able to create a one-on-one atmosphere for the children, which has benefitted my son tremendously. The teachers, staff, principal and priest are always communicating with the parents about all concers with the school and children. If you are a concerned parent as I am and want the best education for your child or children, then Maternity BVM should definitely be your first step in ensuring your childrens future!

Maternity Bvm Elementary School
1537 North Lawndale Avenue, Chicago, IL  60651
Last modified Maternity Bvm Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Maternity Bvm Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top