Queen Of All Saints School 3

Posted September 23, 2013
Many of the teachers really care about the students while others simply care about enforcing 1950's rules. Students are forced to wear sweater vests effective October 1st in a non air conditioned building while teachers wear sleeveless shirts and sandals. The school is VERY nice to the parents but some teachers come close to being bullies with the students. The students live in fear of performing poorly instead of living to learn.. My son forgot his jacket in his room one day and when he went back he was reprimanded for re entering the building.....so the following time he opted to walk home in the rain instead of be reprimanded again. There is so much in the new about drinking water when it is hot outside but Queens allows its teachers to decide if they will "allow" water bottles in their classrooms. Send your children here but be prepared to fight for even the simplest things.

Posted February 01, 2013
I think that every parent looks for something different in the school they choose to send their child to. My children are still very young and I wanted a place that would make learning fun for them, where they weren t bogged down with homework at such a young age, but were still being challenged academically, and a place that I felt they would be safe and nurtured. This school has completely met our needs so far. My children are thriving and love going to school. They are in the same grade, but in separate classes. While each teacher has their own communication style, one of which I prefer more than the other, I feel that they are both learning a great deal and each LOVES their teacher. I didn t know the previous Principal, but the new one seems very committed to improving the school academically and is big on respecting the people around you. I would suggest to anyone thinking about sending their child to QAS to just go and take a tour. I think you will be very pleased with what you see. I am so happy that we chose QAS.

Posted January 04, 2013
There have been several positive changes made by the new principal. My child is thriving, happy and involved in several extracurricular activities. We couldn't be happier with our experience at QAS.

Queen Of All Saints School 4

Posted January 03, 2013
The new principal is raising the standards, especially for math. This school is great for 90% of students. Extracurricular activities and school spirit are impressive. Special needs and gifted students should probably look elsewhere but QAS graduates do fine at Loyola Academy, St. Ignatius and Notre Dame.

Queen Of All Saints School 1

Posted November 15, 2012
To be honest this school does not even deserve a star. Back in early Sept I notified my child's teacher to meet and discuss the issues my child was having. After several emails no response until the "optional" parent teacher conference. I also requested a meeting the her teacher, Special Ed teacher and Vice Principal... 10 weeks later still have not met to discuss my child's issues. This school is despicable and find it offensive to claim they are a "Blue ribbon" school.

Queen Of All Saints School 1

Posted October 26, 2012
The sad thing about this school is that up until a couple years ago, the administration had a very uninspired approach to education, challenging neither themselves nor the students to true excellence. The previous principal was noted to say, "We teach to the middle," with a defiant attitude about this. Many graduates who went on to more rigorous institutions required tutoring and summer school prior to entering as freshmen. It *could* be a great school, but that would require a complete change in perspective by the leadership. After living in the community for some time, I doubt very much that will occur. Parents actually pull out their kids to send them to places like Sacred Heart, just because it is so bad. And yes, there is a very clique-ish culture, and bullying. Fit in, don't be too smart, dumb, different, or ethnic. Perhaps worst of all is a general fear of criticizing the school openly. There seems to be an atmosphere covering up something deeper and darker. Again, it's really unfortunate because the facilities are amazing. It could be such a great school (look at waiting list at Sacred Heart!). Seems unwilling or unable to self-critique, and improve.

Posted August 23, 2011
This school definitely prepared my child to excel at the HS level, this school aslo is very active in sports and that also sparked my child to aprticpate in HS sports. A very good well rounded education and a great community

Queen Of All Saints School 0

Posted April 21, 2010
My grandson is thriving at Queen of All Saints and his brothers can't wait to join him there!

Posted April 21, 2010
Responds with challenges to each child to match their needs.

Queen Of All Saints School 4

Posted March 29, 2010
Great school overall, much to love. The only thing keeping this school from being just about perfect is that they hold back the kids that are ahead of their peers. There is very little opportunity for a child on the smarter side to be highly challenged. What a shame as those are the students they may end up losing as a result - their best students! I would also like to see Spanish introduced in the younger grades.

Queen Of All Saints School
6230 North Lemont Avenue, Chicago, IL  60646
Last modified Queen Of All Saints School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Queen Of All Saints School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top