Posted November 29, 2014
I am a student at MSA and i love this school. It has greatly improved and is very beneficial for anyone trying to get ready for college.

Posted July 23, 2013
Perspectives Middle Academy has its ups and downs. However, any school with the average student coming in multiple years below grade level will have those issues. I used to teach in a CPS neighborhood school where I received absolutely no support from my administration and was shunned by other staff members because I was the only male on staff. PMA's staff has become my family. The school requires a great deal from its staff with most staying way beyond the 3:45 bell. The students, as well as the staff truly receive a holistic education and improve each day.

Posted May 03, 2013
I am a teacher at the Math & Science Academy and I love my job and my students. I truly feel that everyone on staff cares immensely for the children and for each other. Teachers can often be found collaborating with one another over lessons or reaching out to parents to set shared goals for student growth. The paycheck/demerit system can seem overwhelming at first, but after seeing it in action I must admit that I am a believer. It IS important for students to tuck in their shirts and be on time to class--these are basic principles of any successful, professional career and they should begin in the classroom. As for student behavior, it is important to note that some--although certainly not all--of our students come from challenging backgrounds. However, I am deeply impressed with the way that MSA meets the behavioral needs (IEP or not) of all of its students. I am proud to be an MSA Wolf.

Perspectives Charter High School 3

Posted February 10, 2013
My son went to both Joslin and IIT/MSA campus. However IIT/MSA was the only school that took my son's educational struggles serious and diagnosed him correctly with an IEP program to help him become successful. I had brought my concerns to the teachers and administrators many of times at other schools unfortunately they were not equipped to handle issue of learning disabilities so my son's situation was not diagnosed at its earlier stages. It took a total of 6 years at one school including pre-K, two years at other schools and he repeating 6th grade to be diagnosed correctly as having ADHD. Wasted money, efforts, countless enrollments for summer school did not find the problem with my child. Luckily with my persistence in seeking help we are at a better state and he is making improvements at IIT/MSA institution that did not fail him. My only concerns is the safety of the students within and outside the school. It seems this schools harvest a lot of kids with behavior issues. The discipline theory is a little misguided in giving a lot of demerits instead of solving issues and rectifying behaviors problems.

Posted February 29, 2012
I attended the Perspectives that's located at 1930 S. Archer. I attended Perspectives all four years of high school and I have never had a complaint. This is really a good school and I was awarded some really great opportunities. I held three great internships during my time there, I was able to travel to Mali, West Africa for the summer to build a school, I developed a healthy lifestyle, great work ethnic and I went on to successfully attend and graduate from college. I'm not sure how the other campuses work but the PCS that's located on archer, would be a great choice to send your children to.

Posted March 20, 2011
i have child that goes there and she love loves it and she is doing better

Perspectives Charter High School 2

Posted March 17, 2011
This is not the school for a child who has any disabilities, they don't the understanding or the resources that will aid in a child's success They make the effort but they don't make the grade

Perspectives Charter High School 4

Posted March 07, 2011
I have 2 children that attend the IIT MSA and i absolutely LOVE IT, my daughter also attended the Calumet Middle School. the only reason my son is not going to high school there is because of the lack of athletics. the teachers are very responsive and email me the moment an assignment is missed. i never have a problem with assignments or "demerits" because my children know WHY they are there - to get an education. they do have a few kinks to work out, such as the "healthy lifestyle" program. the teachers don't seem to follow it and the lunch served isn't tasty, so my kids come home starving. they also need more clubs/activities. other than that, i love this school and highly recommend it

Perspectives Charter High School 1

Posted March 01, 2011
not so great school I feel sorry for them because they had great intentions but they need to face reality they are not that good of a school

Posted January 16, 2011
We (my chid and I) entered the PCS family in the fall of 2010. The experience has been a good one. I see a big change in my child's character since being introduced to the principals of ADL. Consequently, his academic achievement has improved and he likes his classes and teachers. Communication between teachers and parents is awesome! Leadership is highly visible in the school and the kids are held accountable for their choices. The school atmosphere is warm and welcoming and the kids are in a safe environment. Parents are welcome to be involved in their child's education and assignments and grades are posted in PowerSchool on a weekly basis if not daily. Our family made an excellent choice in choosing a school and we are well informed on our child's progress. I highly recommend PCS!

Perspectives Charter High School
1930 South Archer Avenue, Chicago, IL  60616
Last modified Perspectives Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Perspectives Charter High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top