Posted August 18, 2012
very good school excellent teachers great dierctors great bank manger not alot of bullying their is approite launge . great assembleys great princiables strong leadership my daughter loves cics bucktown if you love your child bring them to 228 S. Wabash CIS Bucktown

Posted May 14, 2010
CICS Irving Park is very impressive (note: test scores are lumped with all CICS campuses). My son is a 2009-2010 Kindergartener. His teacher is highly qualified, motivated and experienced. The Principal and V. Principal are outstanding. Overall teacher quality is top-notch. Academics are rigorous; progress closely monitored; expectations high (especially compared with regular CPS schools). Discipline focuses on positive reinforcement. School spirit and responsible behavior is rewarded during monthly assemblies where "Green Team" kids are applauded and cheered by peers and parents who are welcome to attend and do. Every morning my son is welcomed to school with big smiles and enthusiastic Good Mornings from the staff often the Principal and/or Vice Principal. I feel my son is in a safe, supportive, positive learning environment. We are very fortunate. I highly recommend this school.

Posted May 03, 2010
Red letters are for discipline problems, it is to inform the parent that your child did not follow the rules. All schools should have the kind of system.

Chicago International Charter School 3

Posted April 27, 2010

Chicago International Charter School 4

Posted April 26, 2010

Chicago International Charter School 0

Posted March 24, 2010
My son has attended CICS-Ralph Ellison for 2 years now and I am quite pleased. He attended a catholic grammer school and the grades were not always good and he was in trouble a lot...mostly because he was not being challenged enough. Once starting at Ralph Ellison he was a totally different child. I am quite pleased with the curriculm as it does prepare the student for college. The new principal and staff are great. I think if the students come in with an open mind and positive attitudes, they will certainly learn a lot.

Chicago International Charter School 4

Posted March 22, 2010
CICS-Irving Park: We have a child in K and are pleased with the tailored learning approach. Our child has made tremendous progress this past year. The school also welcomes parental involvement. The administration is involved and present. The teachers are more than qualified. It's a gem in the CPS system. CICS-IP has exceeded our expectations. I wish they published the test results for the individual CICS campuses.

Chicago International Charter School 1

Posted September 20, 2009
CICS-Irving Park. I regret the decision I made sending my son to this school. The teachers are so unexperienced, it's pitiful. We are very involoved in the school and our sons education. Irving Park don't have any clue of dealing with children who might need extra help with academics or behavior. They would rather send 50 red letters, and repeat childrens grade level (which I know now is a scare tatic so that you can pull your kid out, and they can make their quota in the limited time they have). Very, very sad! I'm looking into Virtual school or our local Public school. My son deserves the best, and this school isn't it.

Chicago International Charter School 0

Posted July 29, 2009
I am sorry that the previous parent feels the way that they do but I am a parent that had a K5 student enrolled. I was involved with the school and I only have great things to say about the school. The faculty is wonderful, the principal is awesome and the teachers are very well educated and care about their students. Yes, it was the first year and things had to be adjusted but that goes for anything new. It is our jobs as parents to be our children first teacher and help the school in doing their job effectively and not expect them to be the parent but a teacher is only suppose to enhance what a parent has already instilled in their child. In short the school is very good!!!

Chicago International Charter School 1

Posted July 27, 2009
CICS - Loomis Primary Academy: 2008 was the first official year for this new campus and my son attended in K5. The best way to describe this school is inexperienced teachers coupled with an inexperienced staff. The school got so out of control that they called in staff from another school to come in and train the teachers on how to deal with behavior issues. I mean really this is a bunch of K5 - 2nd graders!

Chicago International Charter School
11 E Adams St Ste 600, Chicago, IL  60603
Last modified Chicago International Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chicago International Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews.