Public charter
Chicago, IL

Posted October 24, 2014
This school is disturbingly TERRIBLE... I have a long list of things that this school never addressed and I brought to their attention repeatedly. Particularly since my child was an IEP student this is the worst network of schools that you can take your child to if he has an IEP... I recently found out from a teacher that works there that these students aren't getting their minutes as indicated and when they are receiving them some of these special ED teachers just have them sit & color or watch the IPAD or watch a movie on the portable DVD... how is that instructional?? but there was 1 or two teacher that I can say actually cared enough for my child and I appreciate their hard work and effort but I do feel they deserve to work in a better place that will compliment their hard work. And when I would call to speak with the director...(whom ever it is, because it was always someone different) this person would always be in meeting... and the UPPER administration (the higher end people) BULLY their teachers and staff very much so much that affects their teaching abilities... Do you really want your child in this school network... I transferred mine and doing sooo much better!

Posted April 03, 2014
My child is currently going to Uno Soccer academy. Before going to Uno he was attending a catholic school which we were so disappointed and very unhappy. My son has ADHD which in catholic school he was in 1st grade and was constantly bullied and harassed by the kids. He got 2teeth punched out of his mouth. My son was left in a corner eating lunch by himself for the whole year by the teacher. The teacher sent him to the office everyday to serve detention. The teacher never tried to help my son in any way, always complain about him constantly. My son was very active and in sports basketball and soccer for the year, but the kids would put him down and blame him for their losses in the games. his report card was all C's and D's. When the school year ended we enrolled him with Uno Soccer Academy. The teachers are great. It's a major difference with my son. All the kids love him. The teachers help him tremendously, he's in sports and doing great. his grades are A's and B's. He's a happy kid and so are we. Uno has really great discipline and awesome teachers. I just enrolled my daughter for kindergarten and I highly recommend this school to anyone. It changed my sons life for the better.

Posted August 21, 2013
My expierence with UNO. Has been the most degrading and humiliating experience ever! After being assure the problem would be address by a couple of staff members. I still had to deal with the same person. After leaving msgs for 2 weeks. Being down talk by more then 3 employees. Im sad to say although they have great teachers. The customer service lacks tremendously in manners & information. Even when UNO assigned that week. To provide enrollment & information. Not because I live in a low income neighborhood. Staff should feel they are doing families a favor.

Posted February 04, 2013
Their schools are slated for a turnaround ("restructuring") because they've failed to make AYP for 6 years now. Their CEO only has a B.A. in Communications from one of the lowest ranked universities in Illinois but he sure does pay himself a ton of money (more than the Mayor of Chicago) to run these failing schools. They also close the school on election day and try to bully the parents into voting a certain way. These schools go from bad to worse - yes they have flashy buildings - but the organization, its management, and its education outcomes stink! Don't put your kids in these schools as it's just a money making machine for local politicians and their cronies.

Posted August 17, 2012
I am currently a senior at UNO- Garcia High school. I am thankful for my parents to have ever helped me apply to this high school! I know that if I were to have gone to another community high school, like Curie or Kelly, I'd probably be going through the wrong path. Yes, this school is strict but I grew to learn that it was for my well-being. This high schools targets to give the students the best education while feeling safe. They succeed in doing both. Throughout my three years, this year being four, in this high school, I can honestly say there hasn't been a case in which one of my colleagues or I have felt unsafe.The education is excellent. The teachers spend their time on the students more than themselves. The Archer Heights neighborhood is not dangerous. In addition, I had the opportunity to travel to China during my spring break. That once in a lifetime experience opened my eyes to my future. I now know that I want to study Mandarin further, and one day, use my knowledge to become someone. All in all, I highly recommend any student to go to this school! Special thanks to all UNO faculty for their hard work and commitment in helping students, like me, prepare for our future!

Posted November 15, 2011
Bully Treachers. Director has no control over Teachers. Director is "new at this" and mistakes are "part of the learning process. Dont send your child here

Uno Network Charter School 4

Posted March 27, 2011
UNO has about 10 different campuses, and while they each have to adhere to certain rules and procedures set down by the main offices, each also has its own local leadership, its own staff, and its own strengths and weaknesses. Don't judge any one school by anything that happens at any other.

Posted February 25, 2011
i want to go to this school its the school of my dreams i love UNO

Posted December 21, 2010
I cannot speak for anyone else, but this is my experience of working for the UNO Charter Organization. I am nervous they will find out who this is; however, I would like want to know this information if I were looking for the best school for my child. As a teacher of 11 years & a member of the 5 member leadership team, I was ASTOUNDED by the inner workings of the organization. The focus is on image alone. There are so many injustices I could list. For example, after Katrina, many first generation Hispanics moved into the area for work. Esperanza opened its doors to that population which is wonderful! However, with about 200 students being Spanish-speakers, only 1 English Language Specialist was employed. Few teachers were bilingual, so many students sat in classrooms for 8 hours a day without assistance. In the 3 years that Esperanza was under UNO's management, there were 4 directors. From what I understand, as each one would voice opposition, they were let go. I can assure you if you visit an UNO school, the students will be dressed nicely, and there will be greeters who give you a scripted greeting, but I extremely bothered by how we underserved our students.

Posted September 27, 2010
My children both go to Carlos Fuentes. My daughter was fortunate to have Mr. Malone as a teacher in 8th grade. She still talks about him even though she is high school now. She reads more than she did before and he always kept in touch with me about the good and the bad. My daughter finally felt encouraged to do good in school. She also talks about the way he talked about his wife with much respect and love. It is too bad that my son could not be in his class.

Uno Network Charter School
2317 West 23rd Place, Chicago, IL  60608
Last modified Uno Network Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-11. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Uno Network Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top