Bad
Good

This is a great school i was there for 3 years and they were awesome every one of the teachers were super duper nice but sometimes they were strict but that was because they care about our grades and because they want us to be great in the future... SANDOVAL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL IS TGE BEST SCHOOL IN THE HISTORY OF SCHOOLS :)

I went through the IEP process for my 4year old here because it is the closest CPS school to our home.The IEP process is time consuming& I was at this school often (social workers office and admin.office) during my visits I got to see how the school's administrative staff runs. The staff is nice but I think that this school makes parents jump additional hoops in order to admit there child/children here (which is wrong because the process is already a pain). The principal is definitely not an approachable person. On one occasion as I waited in the office for the social worker, a kid (probably in 1-2nd grade) threatened to stab a teacher with a pencil.The school's security staff acted accordingly and removed everything in his pockets,made him eat lunch away from others and supervised him - the kid already looked scared straight, crying&apologizing saying he didn't mean it. As the student waited for parent to arrive, the principal took the student to her office, shut the door and YELLED at the top of her lungs at this kid "What is wrong with you!!!are you crazy?!!" As a parent, I was very disturbed by this and honestly feel she made the situation worse for the kid in the long run

This school is terrible, you can see it even from the outside. My nephew went there for 4th grade last year and had a horrible experience. It has gang problems and is very overcrowded. Don't waste your time, it was once a good school but now it is really bad.

I am a parent at Sandoval and our school is a fairly new school and thank goodness is quite calm. I do believe more academic programs should be put in place. We are told that the principal says there is no money. As far as extracurricular activities I believe there is only student council and girls volleyball. That is not enough! We've been asking for workbooks for our children and are told they are not needed, but they are. The principal needs to consider what us parents are saying. Year round schedule is also a problem with most parents. The security needs to be more alert and cautious. Majority of teachers are great and really work hard with our children.

Last modified Sandoval Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.