Chicago, IL

Northwest Middle School 1

Posted January 06, 2015
So, I went to this school last year and I hated it and still do. The teachers were great, they love their students but my classmates were very disrespectful and rude. Whenever there are subs in the classroom, the kids act like monkeys and are very annoying. We almost got our luncheon taken away because of some students and I can assure you that the principal knew who caused it. The kids nowadays like to smoke and drink because they think it's cool. I mean, every school has their problems but what really made me mad was the fact that there were kids who would always get in trouble and NEVER got expelled. They didn't even get detentions. Then there's kids that rarely got in trouble and BAM! Out of school suspension. How can you have a great school without great discipline? I am now in high school and it's way better. I'm away from all the stress my classmates gave me. Absolutely hate this school.

Northwest Middle School 2

Posted March 10, 2014
Hi i am a student in the 6th.And I find it sad that when the teacher is trying to teach the class the students. And the student constantly interrupt him and if you are trying to learn something it is very distracting. The students are so bad that the teacher dose not want to come to school. And there is a LOT of bulling in this school.But the teachers are over all pretty good. - M and M

Northwest Middle School 5

Posted October 27, 2013
We'll i am please to say that teachers are great. They take the time to help your child and motivate them to be better at what they can. I love that every one knows my child not because she is cute, funny or gets along with everyone. They know my child because she gets all A's because she likes to read, loves math and many more. She's ans A student because my child receive from an excellent and well dedicated teachers who strive to be better with their students. My child can look forward to graduate and to be in an excellent high school.

Northwest Middle School 0

Posted September 04, 2009
i graduated NWM in 2009, i was accepted into Northside college prep, and that is where i will be attending high school this fall, the school overall is decent, although the security guards are over stalking students every chance they get. like it has been said, there are some kids who make it bad, and those who choose to do their work and follow rules will succeed anywhere.

Northwest Middle School 5

Posted July 02, 2009
I'm a former student from this school and I graduated in 2009. This school is absolutely great indeed. Teachers really care for the students success and students are improving. This year one student got accepted at Northside Prep high school and many went to lane tech.

Northwest Middle School 4

Posted March 20, 2009

Northwest Middle School 4

Posted November 27, 2008

Northwest Middle School 0

Posted October 17, 2008
im am as a matter of fact a student at northwest middle. i am in the 8th grade. i think that it is a great school. all the teachers help us achieve great tings and want the best for us. i have been told that the school is not bad its some of the students that make it bad. and if you did not like teaching there then you should have just quit at the begining. no one told you to stay. i love northwest middle and if you dont then thats on you!!! Go Panthers!!!!!

Northwest Middle School 3

Posted March 23, 2007

Northwest Middle School 3

Posted August 01, 2006
Teaching at Northwest Middle has discouraged me from continuing my career as a teacher. The lack of parental support has not surprised me as much of that of the administration's. The school needs to refocus and adjust their priorities. Unfortunately with a new principal charge, students roam the halls and harass students as well as teachers and nothing is done to stop them. I ask myself, how can I teach under such tormentive conditions, better yet, how can my students achieve and be prepared for the real world? Northwest Middle has potential, but what good does it do us if administration is always quarraling among themselves. Set an example for goodness sakes!

Northwest Middle School
5252 West Palmer Street, Chicago, IL  60639
Last modified Northwest Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northwest Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top