Posted December 19, 2013
I love the Excel campus. The teachers and principal are the best. I love the open lines of communication.

Posted September 12, 2013
Romano Butler use to be a great school but it is becoming worser and worser each year,the assistant principal bribes the kids, she is more worried about the performing arts in the school than the academics,more and more kids are transfering

Posted September 10, 2013
I have three kids that attends school at Romano Butler. My Children have been attending this school for the past 4 years. over the years this school has changed a lot the staff are having a fashion show while the kids are getting out of control and grades are steady dropping, while the principal is always got her hands out talking about give me the money. It's time for my kids to go and get learn out of my pockets...

Posted August 22, 2013
My daughter attends the Hunter Perkins campus, I love this campus. When the children enter the building every morning the principal is there to greet them by shaking there hands and make sure they are starting there day on a good note. If for some reason they seem to be having some issues, she the pulls them to the side to see how she can help. Once it seems the situation has been turned around she dhakes there hand and send them on there way. So far so good, the school and staff have been very informative, and keeping us abreast of issues both inside and outside of school. I am very pleased with the interaction between my daughter's teacher with us, we are very pleased thus far and feel we made the right decision by coosing Learn Hunter Perkins for our childs source of eeducational learning.

Posted May 05, 2013
Don't send your children to LEARN. If you seek a quality education for your child, go elsewhere. This establishment is more like a 3 ring circus than an educational institution. The students are no longer disciplined for their actions; they spend numerous hours a day in a room governed by a pseudo-"warden" and NOT in a classroom learning. The majority of the teachers are great but will not remain and are desperate to leave. Nobody is happy at this "school." The administrators are a joke. If you request help, it generally takes days to receive action. They are simply too busy cleaning up the numerous messes than to aid their teachers in becoming better at their jobs. Students are bribed with various trinkets in addition to more valuable items in order to work hard on standardized tests. Their is also a huge racial divide at the school. Students have poor role models in the support staff whom are unable to provide a positive influence on these young minds. Instead, they choose to perpetuate the stereotype, thereby furthering as opposed to closing the achievement gap. Long story short: don't send your kids to LEARN Campbell. You'd be much better off ANYWHERE else!

Posted May 31, 2012
The quality of this school has really failed. They continue to change principal like every year. The new principal ms.johnson was great at learn when she was not in leadership meaning she showed she cared before she became a principal.Now all she cared about is parking her lexus across the street in front of the school showing her students her rims when alot of students need help to be on track with there reading and math. Then they charge for there summer school which only for 2 weeks what can a kid learn in 2 weeks and couldnt learn in a year.

Learn Elementary Charter School 3

Posted January 05, 2012
My daughter has been attending LEARN Excel Charter School for three years now. The campus on Congress Pkwy. Academically its a good school, I love it! However, the staff is NOT on one accord! The leadership staff doesn't listen to the concerns of the parents and students. The concerns fall on deaf ears! The staff do work together!!!!!!!! The turnover rate is extremely high! A child needs stability! Teachers are leaving in the middle of the year, there's a new principle every year, its ridiculous! My child will be going to a different school next year!

Posted November 28, 2011
My daughter has been at Learn for 3 years now. She did 2 years of PreK (she had a fabulous teaching team Ms. Bander and Mrs. Brown), they prepared her for 2nd grade and she was only going to Kindergarten. I love this school, I think it is one of the best schools on the Westside of Chicago and if you are in need of a school that will keep your child on target and help them to be successful and independent, your look is over. Learn Charter School (Romano Butler Campus) is the place you are looking for :)

Posted October 31, 2011
We have been going to this school for 5 years. It's a great school to learn! My children are more advanced in math and reading compare with the other children their age. They have a long school day there and fewer holidays. Teachers are doing a very good job in educating students in Learn. The only one thing I wish for the school to become more diverse.

Learn Elementary Charter School 3

Posted January 31, 2011
My kids used to attended Learn. One went through 3rd grade and the other spent two years in pre k. The school started out wonderful. Although I believe the leadership (board) disagree with the principals and it causes confusion for everyone involved. While there we had three different principles, teachers left in the middle of the year, and I was tired of the constant transition. When the fourth principal started she didn't communicate with the parents and there was no explanation for why the incumbent left. I think this school has the potential to be one of the best schools in chicago because of the dedicated teachers and parents. I left the school once I realized that several of the teachers were leaving (some of the best). We have since gone to private school to catch my kids back up educationallly. They need an educated, experienced professional as a Principal with appropriate teaching certifications.

Learn Elementary Charter School
1132 South Homan Avenue, Chicago, IL  60624
Last modified Learn Elementary Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Learn Elementary Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top