Chicago, IL

Posted March 13, 2014
The school is great and encouraging for the kids. But it the principle the way she treats the parents. It makes me want to take my kid out of cps school and send him to charter school. I have never delt with a person like this in my life. I not the only parent feels that way. My son have no behavior issues at all. If she will continue to be there I will pull my son out but the teachers are the greatest.

Posted September 05, 2013
The teachers in this school are amazing in particular Ms. Dixon & Ms. Rippey! The principal however is HORRIBLE! I will be reporting her to the board of education special investigations board! I came in to transfer my daughter out & in an attempt to gain funding for my child not being there she told me that I couldn't transfer her out till Tuesday when the budget was cleared! I called the school my daughter was going to transfer to and she explained if I wanted my daughter out today she should be out! So the board of Ed will have a long email from me concerning Ms. Diaz & what we call in the finance world money laundering!

Ashburn Community Elementary School 5

Posted April 14, 2012
I don't know why there are all these poor comments about this school. I as a student attended this school and appreciate everything they helped me learn. They care not only about there students achieving but also about everything that happens that has to be with one of there students. I absolutly loved this school and wished I could go back. Mrs. Diaz was a really nice principal as well as the assistant principal. ASHBURN COMMUNITY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL!! <3

Posted April 08, 2011
I am so happy my child was accepted into their PK program. The principal, Mrs. Diaz, really desires for this school to reach its highest potential. It was something I really didn't expect to see. I mean all the teachers are on board and excited about becoming a top school! They do ALL types of different fund raising and utlize varies vendors to raise money for the school. My child's teacher writes to different businesses for donations. Due to her diligence the students have received at least 5 new story books a piece to bring home and call their own this school yr. It's really encouraging to see the progress. It makes me want to give more as well. Eventhough I may not have money to give, I have my time. I try to participant in the different fundraisers the school has to offer and attend meetings accordingly. I am looking forward to continuing my kid's education at Ashburn Community. They are even going to offer a Comp. Gifted program in the fall for K,1,2 and 8 grade Algebra. The staff here is definitely putting in work to achieve something great right here in the Ashburn Community! Let's all get on board so our children will recv the best education right here!! =)

Posted October 15, 2009
Ashburn is a school who tries to help all of the children succeed in and go to the next level. They have a great staff team who is led by an awsome principal but the students and parents need to be more responsible and disciplined.

Posted April 23, 2009

Posted September 17, 2008
This school needs needs needs, It sits right in a middle class neighborhood and is like the poorest ive seen.The classrooms are over crowded theres so much you wouldnt believe.

Posted May 04, 2006

Posted December 20, 2005
This is a school that needs to be examined by parents, school board members and community. There are not enough books for the students in the classrooms. Classrooms were overcrowded.

Ashburn Community Elementary School
8300 South Saint Louis Avenue, Chicago, IL  60652
Last modified Ashburn Community Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ashburn Community Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top