Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Awesome School filled with caring teachers and parents. This a level 1+ school. If you visit on any day, you will see the love.

I was very disappointed with the unprofessional-ism of the Principal and some of the teachers. If you are a parent who wants your child to be prepared to compete for selective high schools, this is not the school for you. I had to supplement work, stay on top of curriculum being taught, copy homework (due to teachers losing work) stay on top of parent portal for grades to insure accuracy. It was a lot of work and very frustrating. This school has too many "game days" when students should be in class learning. My child came home one day with braided hair, when I asked her who did her hair, she said mom we weren't doing anything in class. This is totally unacceptable to me. My children are now in great schools, where education is a top priority! (I thank GOD for leading me as to what to do to get them there.) Where the children's success is top priority and I must say I see the immediate change. My children are now at some of the top performing schools in Chicago. I know that wouldn't have happened if I sat back and allowed Ashburn's views deter me. Quiet a few parents have transferred their children. However, I feel sorry for those children/parents that may not know what to expect after 8th grade. What do you do at that point when you realize your child is not prepared? Ashburn could be a great school. In my opinion that will not happen unless there is a new Principal. If the Principal is unprofessional and not truthful what does that say for most of the staff? Parents RESEARCH what it's going to take to help your child succeed and never give up being an advocate for your child!!!!

Mrs. Diaz, Please continue to lead your school and staff in the direction in which you are going, it is working!!!

The school is great and encouraging for the kids. But it the principle the way she treats the parents. It makes me want to take my kid out of cps school and send him to charter school. I have never delt with a person like this in my life. I not the only parent feels that way. My son have no behavior issues at all. If she will continue to be there I will pull my son out but the teachers are the greatest.

The teachers in this school are amazing in particular Ms. Dixon & Ms. Rippey! The principal however is HORRIBLE! I will be reporting her to the board of education special investigations board! I came in to transfer my daughter out & in an attempt to gain funding for my child not being there she told me that I couldn't transfer her out till Tuesday when the budget was cleared! I called the school my daughter was going to transfer to and she explained if I wanted my daughter out today she should be out! So the board of Ed will have a long email from me concerning Ms. Diaz & what we call in the finance world money laundering!

I don't know why there are all these poor comments about this school. I as a student attended this school and appreciate everything they helped me learn. They care not only about there students achieving but also about everything that happens that has to be with one of there students. I absolutly loved this school and wished I could go back. Mrs. Diaz was a really nice principal as well as the assistant principal. ASHBURN COMMUNITY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL!! <3

I am so happy my child was accepted into their PK program. The principal, Mrs. Diaz, really desires for this school to reach its highest potential. It was something I really didn't expect to see. I mean all the teachers are on board and excited about becoming a top school! They do ALL types of different fund raising and utlize varies vendors to raise money for the school. My child's teacher writes to different businesses for donations. Due to her diligence the students have received at least 5 new story books a piece to bring home and call their own this school yr. It's really encouraging to see the progress. It makes me want to give more as well. Eventhough I may not have money to give, I have my time. I try to participant in the different fundraisers the school has to offer and attend meetings accordingly. I am looking forward to continuing my kid's education at Ashburn Community. They are even going to offer a Comp. Gifted program in the fall for K,1,2 and 8 grade Algebra. The staff here is definitely putting in work to achieve something great right here in the Ashburn Community! Let's all get on board so our children will recv the best education right here!! =)

Ashburn is a school who tries to help all of the children succeed in and go to the next level. They have a great staff team who is led by an awsome principal but the students and parents need to be more responsible and disciplined.

This school needs needs needs, It sits right in a middle class neighborhood and is like the poorest ive seen.The classrooms are over crowded theres so much you wouldnt believe.

Last modified Ashburn Community Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.