Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Like the other parents said " I use to like this school, but yes they are to hard on the kids. They teach the kids to think for themselves, but when a kid want to express themselves, they are told to be quite, sent out the room and cant finish there work for that day, which causes the kids to get zeros that effect there grades. My child won't be back!!!!!!

Kipp Ascend Charter School is a good school education wise but their rules are way too strict, unrealistic, and inhumane at times. They give ridiculous deductions which causes the child to have to have bench lunch where they have to eat in silence like detention. Last I recall at lunch you should be able to talk and enjoy and not act and respond as if its another class.

I really used to like this school and teacher's, but now I believe the school took a turn for the worst. Some of the staff need to remember that they are dealing with kids. Therefore comes laughing and giggling, because that is what kids do. Why are the kids being punished for 1 or 2 bad seeds, because the staff cannot control their class. This makes the learning environment stressful for the kids.

I love KIPP! I transferred my daughter out of a montessorri school to attend KIPP. It was a hard decision but her grades started to drop from A's to C's. I realized she needed to attend a school that had more structure. They give out fake pay checks to kids. A $50 paycheck means you did great the entire week and you get awards for it during ceremonies, and you get to attend a end of the year trip to different colleges if you maintain a certain amount. If you get under a certain amount you are penalized in different ways, I think this motivates kids to do greater! My daughter went from C's to straight A's in a year!

I love the teachers in this school. I find them to be very motivating and positive with the kids. My daughter is learning a lot in this school. The only down fall I see in this school is the location where this school is. It's geared towards minority and it's located in southwest side which is a very rough area, low income community. I am highly impressed with the teachers interaction with the kids. Parent participation is required in this school.

The teachers are fantastic and they're easy to reach because they give out their cell phone numbers at the start of the school year. Also the students or parents can call the teachers in the evening to get extra homework help when needed and my family made multiple calls throughout the year, and they were always welcoming . Also parents receive bi-weekly progress reports during the school year and this helped me alot, and the kids learn more at KIPP because they get more instruction time than the typical school. I think this extra time really helped make a positive difference in my kids grades and ultimely made my kids feel better about themselves.

My son loves this school and so do I the teachers really to care about the children. They really want them to succeed and the make the children believe in themselves.It's so wonderful to finally have teachers and Administratos on the same page as I am concerning my child's edcation.

Last modified KIPP Ascend Elementary Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.