Bad
Good

New Field is one of the fastest growing CPS schools and a gem of the Rogers Park neighborhood. The administration is exceptional and teaching staff is motivated, experienced and inspiring. My son loves the library (complete with a published librarian), the music and art teachers, and the tech lab and teacher. They use Eureka math curriculum, a really innovative and visual approach to math (wish I'd learned math that way!). There is a strong emphasis on reading and language, and my son's classroom is full of great books. Over 40 languages are spoken at the school and the community really embraces and honors diversity. Parents are welcoming and very involved, and are working hard to make the middle school (Eugene Field) a great neighborhood option for 5-8th grade. The school lives its mission of "respect, responsibility and collaboration." We fell in love when we toured the school and are so pleased with everything about New Field!

Wonderful School. My child attended kindergarten and is now in 1st grade. Great teachers, Admin and Facility. I just wish it went past 3rd grade!!

I am very satisfied with this school, I have 2 boys in New field pk and 2nd. All the teachers I have come in contact with are very good with communicating w/parents. The principals are visible and they are concerned about child saftey. I reccomend this school to everybody!!!

I don't like this school, because I see some one of assisstant of teachers for preschool exactely room 110. The assisstant she doesn't deserve that position with a fake smile et make diference between parents,and many times treat me and other parents with no respect inpolite ,she must be to learn how to treat and speak first to the parents nicely and polite, and after that may be she can deserve that position. I hope the principal of school read this message.

We think NF is GREAT ! Our child has bee there for 3 yrs. WE wish they could attend 4 & 5th grade at NF. The principal & asst. principal & ofc staff are always courteous & helpful. The teachers are wonderful too.

Since my initial visit at the school 3 years ago, I was mostly impressed it being a Chicago Public school. My children have been attending the past 3 years, we now have an amazing principal who supports and encourages the teachers, connected with the parents by taking time to greet and talk to parents during drop off time in the morning and pick up time in the afternoon outside in the playground areas. The principal knows my children by name, she is aware of what my kids' classroom is learning, wonderful teachers who cares and works w/ my kids, as children learn in different stages as a class, the teachers work w/ my kid according to the level he is at. I cannot be happier with the great environment of New Field. Now I only wish NF would add a couple more grades so that will be a couple more years i would not have to worry about beyond 3rd grade when we get there.

My child has attended Kindergarten and first grade at New Field and im so pleased with everything and everyone there that i am about to enroll my boy for kindergarten as well. What i like mostly about it is that they are all lil children pre k-3. They don't have to deal with bullies and they don't see everything that the older kids do therefore, they don't want to mimic them.......I love that school.

This school is a gem. Only PreK-3rd grade means mostly wonderful kids. Principal Kilbane is out there, meeting parents and knowing the names of kids. Each child is known by the lunchroom staff, other teachers, administrators. I could not be happier with the excellent attention my children receive and how incredibly much they are learning! They are keeping up with the kids at top rated school like Blaine!

I don't recommend this school if you are raising a well rounded child . Don't let the shinny new building and fake smiling staff, distract you. My child has attended this school for 3 years and has being treated unfairly by 2 teachers. Teachers who treat children as numbers and not individual persons. I thought the goal was to learn about each and every child. Then construct different teaching methods to teach the whole group. Not going strictly by, the black and white student teacher text manual. There doesn't seem to be much hands on experience with with children and their developmental differences. My child lacked the teachings needed to grow as a productive student. So, now I am opting out of this school for a private school. This way, I know my child will receive a nurturing, personalized education. And not, some distant ,cold, robotic styled institutionalized one.

I visited this school and did puppet shows. the children, and the faculty, were terrific. Attentive, responsive and cooperative. An awesome combination.

Last modified New Field Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3