9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (21 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (31 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (36 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (11 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (11 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (12 responses)

I have had two of my kids attend Jane Addams High School and all I can say is that I consider the staff my family. Everything they do for my kids is amazing; I appreciate each one very much.

Before Jane Addams I was at another high school. They focused on an evil, unjust and racist system. As a student I was taken to sit-ins, marches and protests. I started looking for a second option to graduate. I found and checked out Jane Addams High School and was surprised at how different they were. Jane Addams offered me real academic classes I need. I felt a huge weight off my shoulders! I feel that Jane Addams has changed me in a radical way. I think that what I’ve learned at Jane Addams in Math, Science, and Literature is going to help me a lot in college and that is more important than anything else.

My memories of high school before JAHS are difficult and horrible. However, after I came to Jane Addams High School that all changed. I actually had a voice at JAHS. I was able to be my own person. At Jane Addams High School, I come early every morning. I take school more serious now. It’s better at JAHS. Jane Addams High School gave me the best memories I have! JAHS is a school where students can learn and express themselves. JAHS will always be a second home to me. I am comfortable to be myself at JAHS. Jane Addams High School has made me confident enough to set goals and to have chosen a career path to better my future. I am proud to be a JAHS student.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

One thing I love about Jane Addams is how the staff is like a family. A lot of people might see Ms.Suggs as strict, but in reality the students here, myself included, and need that mother figure to set them straight and talk to them just like a mother would. Another teacher that is a great mother figure is Mrs. McDonald; she opens her classroom door every morning with open arms and heartwarming greeting. Ms. Stuebner is a lot like a big sister who is always there to guide us with our work. The same is true for Ms. Becker who has a contagious smile. Every single teacher and staff here at Jane Addams High School makes us all feel welcome. They make us feel like we belong, which most of us don’t feel at home.

Coming to Jane Addams has helped me grow not only as a student but as a person. I am more confident, my grades are great and I am staying out of trouble. The staff at Jane Addams is amazing; I know that is why I am so successful here. The teachers really know how to teach. They don't just work because it's their job; they work because they love teaching. There was a quote I once read it stated, “You will never work a day in your life if you love your job”. The teachers at Jane Addams love their job. What isn’t there to like about Jane Addams, it's an amazing school. Every school provides an education but Jane Addams brings more to the table. It gives you discipline, it gives you hope, it gives you a future in life to do better and to succeed.

I was able to become successful at Jane Addams High School because of help I was receiving. I received more one-on-one time with teachers, allowing me to better comprehend the steps I want to take toward my future. The most important thing I was taught was to prepare for the future. At JAHS, I not only received help with that but with much more. JAHS taught me how to be independent and how to do things on my own first, only asking for assistance when it is absolutely needed. Overall my time at JAHS was very enjoyable .

My high school journey started when I was a freshman at Instituto Health Science Career Academy. The staff there wasn’t very fond of me. The learning environment wasn't very comfortable for me so I started ditching class and not caring about school. Basically my life started falling apart. Luckily I found Jane Addams High School. At JAHS the learning style was very appealing and they made it much easier for me to pay attention. They taught me how to do things on my own and think like an adult and not depend on others. But mostly I liked how the school is able to stay organized with students from all over. I feel very relieved that I was able to graduate from a good school.

Being at JAHS helped me become a better student. Over the past few years at Jane Addams I have learned that it is unacceptable to blow off class work and homework. The teachers at JAHS actually take the time to tell you what you are doing wrong. Being at JAHS has also made me realize that being on time to learn is very important. “If you are not early you're late.” I learned this from many staff members at JAHS. Being at JAHS made me realize that school is very important. I thank the staff for being very helpful and pushing me towards graduating. I take away many good memories of Jane Addams High School. Since attending JAHS I can see planning my future, something I never did before. Jane Addams was hard but I successfully completed everything they asked of me and I know it made me a better person.

Jane Addams has helped me understand the value of another chance, and more importantly, never to give up on myself. Jane Addams is definitely the school that I needed. Jane Addams is a place where miracles never cease. I am one those miracles.

Last modified Jane Addams High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12