Chicago, IL

Posted December 16, 2014
JAHS taught me to never give up on something when you re so close to it and not to let people drag you down. I m finally going to get my high school diploma. From Jane Addams High School. I never thought this would happen. I can be proud of myself and say I went to hell and back and I still managed to graduate high school. At my prior schools my mind-set was so messed up I just didn t care and neither did the teachers. But at JAHS they didn t let me give up on me when I was going to give up on myself. They are going above and beyond to help me.

Posted December 16, 2014
Before Jane Addams I went to a military school. I wasn t the best student. I am now at the school that I know I was meant to be at. Jane Addams High School. I entered Jane Addams with my head held high a big heart. I was focused and my goal was to finish high school on a positive note. I literally became a new student. Not physically but mentally. My grades became A s and B s and I attended school every day and on time. The teachers were very friendly and helpful. They took things slow so I could catch up with everyone else in the class. I was able to achieve that because of the help I got from teachers and the school. Jane Addams has taught me how to be responsible and be patient with things that are needed. My teachers helped me with math skills that I actually use in my everyday life.

Posted June 06, 2014
Best... School.....Ever. Finally a school that teaches respect and responsibility. I can never thank them enough. I know my son put them through alot, but the positive changes my son made there make me forever grateful.

Posted May 23, 2014
My son has accomplished more at Jane Addams in one year than he had accomplished in 3 years at Chicago Bulls College Prep! I am ecstatic he is at this school. This school motivated him like I have never seen him. Jane Addams is the best thing that happened to me and my son!

Posted May 21, 2014
Jane Addams has helped me become responsible and organized. I became a different person here because Jane Addams has assisted me in changing my bad habits. Now I do all my work and come to school on time. Jane Addams is a great school and if you can get in, you should.

Posted May 21, 2014
I was successful in JAHS because I had teachers and staff that met one on one with me and pointed out what had to be done or I wasn't going to succeed. They helped me define my plan to graduate and pointed out the choices available to me. I never felt the support at my other high school, like I did at JAHS. I am grateful I got a second chance at JAHS if not I would of probably be just another kid on the streets. JAHS has given me the motivation I needed to finish high school.

Posted May 21, 2014
JAHS extended their hand out to me and my daughter. My daughter has accomplished a lot since she has been here. She did much better here than at her other school. This is a phenomenal school. The register, principal, attendance person just opened their hearts to me and my daughter and I appreciate them. I would highly HIGHLY recommend any parent looking for a high school to choose Jane Addams High School.

Posted May 21, 2014
This school sticks to the rules. They are strict but really care about the students. My son has only attended a short time, but I already see a difference in him. I am so grateful and overwhelmed in a good way that I was able to get him out of Noble and into Jane Addams.

Posted May 20, 2014
Jane Addams has helped me realize that I can be successful. This is all thanks to all the teachers and staff who have helped me and who supported me.

Jane Addams High School
1814 S Union Ave, Chicago, IL  60616
Last modified Jane Addams High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Jane Addams High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 69 reviews. Top