Chicago, IL
After care: No

Posted August 18, 2015
As parents who have relocated our son several times and have experienced various schools, we can honestly say that this is the best high school we've seen. The teachers are exceptional, and we attribute the overall quality of education to the great teamwork between the teachers and the administration. Mrs. Comparini is an innovative, compassionate, and tough principal who strives to provide a quality education to all students, regardless of their individual strengths. Although some disgruntled parents complain when their own kids screw up and are then faced with the consequences of their actions, we have found Principal Comparini to be the leading advocate for our community's young adults. She has never flinched in her commitment to standing for what is best for her students. The entire staff is absolutely fantastic.

Posted August 18, 2015
if I would have know about Jane Addams high school when my daughter was a sophomore, what I know now, I would have transferred her into Jane Addams a long time ago. Since she stared at Jane Addams 13/14 school year she has blossomed and became more responsible because of Jane Addams high school teachers and staff! My daughter will be graduating in 2016!

Posted August 17, 2015
This school has been so good to me and my daughter. Everyone who works there has given 100% to help my daughter. They are serious about education and prepare students for the real world. I thank God everyday that I found his school for my daughter.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 18, 2015
Jane Addams is giving me the education I need to move forward and be someone I want to be in life not just for my daughter but for myself. I recommend them for sure!

Posted June 09, 2015
What I learned at JAHS and how I will apply it in my future is to perform at my best no matter where I may be. The only one I should be competing with is myself to do better and not focus on what others are accomplishing. What I liked about JAHS was the overall environment.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 03, 2015
My education at Jane Addams High School has been an amazing experience. I feel that I am doing something with my life at JAHS.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 03, 2015
I liked Jane Addams High School from the very first day. While I have been at Jane Addams High School I have become successful by me taking responsibility for my actions and staying on task and not depending on anyone to do anything for me. I have set goals for myself, making sure I achieve them and being able to complete them. Jane Addams High School taught me so much like how to never give up, never depend on anyone but yourself, stay focused, to always keep going and never stop because you won’t know what the outcome will be.

Posted June 02, 2015
In the past five years I’ve attended six different high schools. I can honestly say that out of all the schools I’ve attended, Jane Addams is the only one that’ll extend any limits to lend a helping hand to their students. I’m very appreciative for Jane Addams and specifically, Ms. Comparini and Ms. Hernandez. One teacher that I really like is Mr. Urbanek. Even though in the beginning he seemed a bit nerve wrecking, I grew to understand that he’s just doing his job. Coming into Mr. U’s class, we have to be Top Notch. He make sure that we have our school I.D’s, our shirts are tucked in, and that we are in full uniform. This could be a bit irritating, but by him assuring these things, it’s just a constant remember for us to be on our A-game and prepare us for the real world.

Posted June 02, 2015
I love the staff - they are really friendly and supportive. They just push you to the max every single day, but it's a great thing. They did so much for me. I recommend this school because they are not like any other school.

1814 S Union Ave, Chicago, IL  60616
Last modified Jane Addams High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Jane Addams High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 135 reviews. Top