9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (22 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (18 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (20 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (18 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (19 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (18 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (6 responses)

Posted May 24, 2016
To all the staff at JAHS that have worked effortless with my daughter and have helped her become a great leader in life. They have given her all the best tools that she will need in order to be successful in live and in whatever she chooses as her future career. I am very proud of her and all she has accomplished and all she will continue to accomplish. Jane Addams is an amazing school and i would bring any child here again!

Posted May 24, 2016
Being at Jane Addams I’ve learned that life itself won’t be easy and it doesn’t get any easier after this. I’ve also learned that you can’t allow little things to interfere with your main goal. I liked Jane Addams staff was like a family. Jane Addams also teaches fast. Overall I would recommend Jane Addams to other students who are looking to graduate.

Posted May 24, 2016
I was successful at Jane Addams because they are more flexible and help you out more. I learned a lot in the years that I was at Jane Addams. I learned that understanding others and communication is important. I have learned that working hard in all classes and staying under the radar will help you graduate faster. There is good balance of work and fun at JAHS.

Posted May 23, 2016
I am a current student at Jane Addams High School. Before joining the Jane Addams community I was enrolled at a CPS High School as a Business major. I was getting in trouble all the time and constantly being exposed to drugs. I eventually got deep into the game. My mom was devastated. A good friend of mine told me about Jane Addams. At first I didn’t trust it. I was nervous about what to expect, but I had no other choice. But it turned out great. JAHS has taught me how to be independent. The method they use to teach us and the discipline they apply is key to their and the student’s success. Joining the JAHS community has made me feel more confident about my skills! The mission of JAHS is self-sufficiency, critical thinking, and personal responsibility. They expect us to be independent and punctual. They don’t let just anyone graduate. You have to earn your graduation. If you don’t earn it, you won’t graduate and they won’t feel sorry for you. JAHS has definitely helped me better my skills and taking responsibility. JAHS has changed my life for the best.

Posted May 23, 2016
Before I went to Jane Addams High school, I attended UIC college prep. I was there for about two years and a semester. I finished my high school and graduated from Jane Addams High School. I was successful at Jane Addams High School and not my prior school because at my prior school, I would miss a lot of days. At Jane Addams, I was absent from school sometimes but not as much as at my prior school because they get all crazy when you miss school at JAHS. I have learned things at JAHS that I would not have learned at UIC. I was more comfortable at JAHS because of the staff. I am glad I transferred to Jane Addams High School.

Posted May 20, 2016
Being at Jane Addams High School (JAHS) has helped me be successful in many ways. Teachers here help to keep me up on what I need to do to graduate. Teachers take their time to explain things and not just throw an assignment at me. My grades have gone up since being at JAHS and I am like a whole different person. At my old school I felt like I was on my own, and had to figure everything out all by myself. At Jane Addams we are like a big family. The staff treats you as their own child. I want to point out a specific staff- Ms. Suggs. She's done so much for me that she didn't have to do, but she did it because she wants to see me graduate and I know I’m going to make her proud when I walk across that stage.

Posted May 16, 2016
I attended three different high schools before JAHS. When I first started Jane Addams, I was not very confident in myself because I did not know much about anything but I seemed to learn very quickly at JAHS. At Jane Addams, I learned self-discipline, punctuality and humbleness. Before I came to Jane Addams, I had a poor attitude and a negative outlook on everything. Jane Addams taught me that if you put your mind to it you could do anything. I also learned that education is very valuable, without it life is only going to get harder. What I liked about JAHS is that all my teachers were very understanding and very helpful. JAHS helped me grow up and see the bigger picture of life.

Posted May 11, 2016
Before coming to Jane Addams I attended CMSA, Chicago Math & Science Academy. I attended CMSA from 6th grade until my second year as a freshman. I was the popular kid that always got in trouble. That attitude of mine got me nowhere. At Jane Addams High School the teachers, staff members, and Ms. Comparini are like one big family. They have great communication skills. They interact very well with the students. I am so thankful I found Jane Addams because if it wasn't for Jane Addams I wouldn't have gotten my life together. I owe everything to Jane Addams. They have given me opportunities and tools to make myself a better person. One day I’ll come back to Jane Addams and show the staff and teachers what a great person they've molded me into.

Posted May 10, 2016
The maturity and the adulthood I learned from Jane Addams High School was a very different experience from my three prior schools. From the very first day at Jane Addams, I learned discipline and punctuality. Jane Addams also exposed me to a lot of life options. Jane Addams showed me a different outlook and opened my eyes for the future. The school taught me better grammar, more knowledge in history, and mathematical problems. Although, most classes were a bit tough I seemed to manage well not only with grades but with discipline. I have to admit before JAHS my relationship with authority was very off. I did not like to be told what to do or how to do it, but Jane Addams showed me I have to do what I need to do. Straight down and ready for business, Jane Addams taught me to buckle down and not fool around. Jane Addams is a very well put together school with not only teachers, but students. Your academics scores will sky rocket here! Jane Addams motivates you to do better. It also shows you discipline. Jane Addams is such a memorable place that when you graduate, you feel good about yourself, looking back saying “I finally accomplished one of my goals in life and Jane Addams got me on the right track to success!” I personally want to thank everyone whose help me at JAHS and kept motivation in my mind! Jane Addams rocks!

Posted May 09, 2016
I attended two other high schools before I found Jane Addams High. A friend of mine told me about JAHS. Jane Addams has taught me a lot; they showed me how to act like a mature adult. They also talked to me in a way that makes me feel more comfortable. I would say my journey at JAHS was not easy; I had my downfalls and a few slip- ups. They managed to get me back on track and put me where I needed to be. JAHS staff members made sure they stayed on my case because of my attitude. I was arguing with students and teachers, being sent to the deans and Ms.Comparini almost daily because of my attitude and my smart mouth. I thank God every day that JAHS put me back on the right path. My grades improved and the teachers and staff always tell me I made a complete change in my attitude. Looking back on my high school experience I am glad I found a school where I can be myself. I have also been given so many opportunities while at JAHS and so many doors have opened for me from coming to JAHS.

Jane Addams High School
1814 S Union Ave, Chicago, IL  60616
Last modified Jane Addams High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12