9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (16 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (12 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (14 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (12 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (13 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (12 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (6 responses)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 04, 2016
I want to thank Ms. Gonzalez because she treats me like her daughter and makes sure I am in school, I do my homework, and she also shows me that she cares about me. I am not just another number at this school. I will miss her.

Posted May 04, 2016
I have been to a military school, my community high school, and now I am at Jane Addams High School. Before coming into Jane Addams, I really hated school. I hardly ever showed up, and when I would show up, I would be late. But Jane Addams is different. The teachers actually take their time to work with you and push you to do all work. The staff members are very caring and helpful. For example Ms. Gonzalez and Ms. Hernandez are a very big help as they push me to do better every day and stay on top of things. I thank them very much because without their help and the help of all my other teachers I would not be as far as I am right now. At Jane Addams, I have learned that everything cannot just be given to you, you have to work for it. At JAHS we are allowed to make mistakes, as long as we learn from them. Being respectful and punctual is something that is a strong focus at JAHS. Jane Addams is a school that I would recommend to many students. All the staff members here believe in us, and they want us to make it far in life. They push us so much but it is only because they want the best for us. Ms.Comparini gives us a chance in life to make things better for ourselves; she gives us a new opportunity. Even if we fail at times she still believes in us until we walk across that stage with our diploma. Students may say that Jane Addams “does too much” but it is only because they want to help us be successful.

Posted May 04, 2016
I have been to a couple of different schools during my high school career. I went from being a Cadet at two of Chicago's top military academies to being a student at Jane Addams. I decided to leave my last school because I felt like they were not looking out for me as a student but for themselves as a school. I have learned a lot during my time at Jane Addams. I learned that education should be your main priority. I also learned the importance of being a self-sufficient person. I plan on applying what I learned in the classrooms of Jane Addams to the classrooms of a good university after I am done with my three year enlistment in the Army. I like that the teachers work hard to make sure you understand everything without making you feel stupid or bad for asking questions. I like that the staff works hard to keep you motivated.

Posted May 03, 2016
I would like to thank Ms Bustamante because she is helping stay on track with all my senior tasks in order to graduate.

Posted May 03, 2016
Being at Jane Addams has made me move forward in life. I used to be the type of person that would be constantly absent and tardy at my other school. Now everything is so different for me because that type of behavior is not tolerated at Jane Addams. Coming to Jane Addams really motivated me to keep up with school, I now realize you are nothing in this world without education. They taught me that I am responsible for my own actions. I have been more successful here than my prior school because Jane Addams has more rules and structure that are strictly applied and must be followed. Teachers here actually care about your grades and try to keep up with you, if you ever need help in any way. This school shows students that this is a place where you will learn and not just socialize. At Jane Addams I have learned to stay on track with my work and get things done on time in order to be an excellent student.

Posted May 02, 2016
i would like to thank Ms Bustamante, She has pushed me to try harder. Everyday she helps me with all my work and is there to answer any of my questions.

Posted May 02, 2016
At my previous high school I felt as if the staff didn’t want to see me graduate and the support system was terrible. So I left and went to Jane Addams High School. The staff at Jane Addams has helped me to increase my work ethic by 100%. At Jane Addams I have become successful and driven. Here you can be yourself without feeling that someone is judging you. At my previous school I felt judged by teachers and students. I’ve learned that I can do anything I put my mind to. Teachers and staff will not let you give up without a fight. I’ve never seen others who want to see you succeed as bad as you want to succeed yourself until I came to Jane Addams. I’m glad I went to this school because they showed me things other teachers had a hard time showing me.

Posted April 28, 2016
I would like to thank Ms McDonald because she is always is my business and encourages me to come to school, turn in my homework and lets me know when i'm not doing well.

Posted April 28, 2016
Before I arrived at Jane Addams I had been to three other charter schools and tried Lincoln’s Challenge. None of them worked out for me. Finally I registered at Jane Addams which was the greatest decision I have ever made in my life. While being at JAHS I learned to channel my anger in a much calmer manner. I also learned that everything doesn’t deserve a reaction. It may sound kind of childish but I learned to use my indoor voice because I have major anxiety problems and the smallest things used to take me from zero to hundred. Jane Addams taught me how to deal with my real world interactions and when coping with my own problems. The things I liked the most about Jane Addams is that they push you to your hardest potential. Even if you don’t see it in yourself they see it in you and they help you get to where you are trying to go in life. I can honestly say my Jane Addams family genuinely cares. They aren’t like any other school.

Posted April 28, 2016
When I started high school I hated going to Rauner College Prep (RCP). The following year I started at George Washington High School (GW). My grades were slipping and I wasn’t doing anything with my life. Half way through the school year my parents transferred me again. I didn't want to go to another school. The second I saw Jane Addams High School I told myself “nope” I didn't know anyone, it was small, and it was way too far from my friends. As I walked in I said to myself, “How the hell am I supposed to be able to ditch? Where is everyone? Walking in the front office they told me I couldn't do such and such things. I instantly turned to my father and said “let's go,” thankfully we stayed and now I’m getting A’s and B’s. I have a better attitude towards life. I'm going to be more than just a number I am a Jane Addams High School graduate!

1814 S Union Ave, Chicago, IL  60616
Last modified Jane Addams High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12