9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (3 responses)

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted February 09, 2016
Things that I’ve learned here at Jane Addams are how to be productive while in school and outside of school. Before I attended there were things that I didn’t know but have great understanding of now. They’ve become very helpful to me ever since. According to the respect level, I also have learned how to approach other human beings inside and outside of school. At Jane Addams I’ve learned how to behave when I’m out in the public, how to respect others, look presentable, and a lot more. Reasons why they taught me these things is to prepare me for the future. Though they were a little tough on me, but it’s because they really want me to be set and situated, so that when I’m out experiencing the world alone I’ll know how to control any situations and deal with the harsh realities of life.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted February 09, 2016
JAHS is a great school for me because I couldn’t play as much as I used to. What I’ve learned about myself while at JAHS is that I can work hard, stay focused and succeed in the classroom. When I was at JAHS I was able to concentrate on my school work. JAHS is helped me stay focused and keep my mind on the right track. I like the way JAHS staff keep it real and don’t sugar-coat anything. Keeping it real is very important because why would you not tell the truth to someone. I encourage people to go to JAHS if they really want to learn and get a great education.

Posted February 02, 2016
Choosing to enroll into Jane Addams was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I never felt so much love and care from staff, teachers, students, and even the lunch ladies. What made me successful at Jane Addams is the drive that the entire staff has for the students to succeed, literally everyone wants you to do your best and live up to your full potential. I was successful at JAHS and not at my old school because at JAHS they are actually on you about your school work, attendance, attitude etc, and they made it easy for me to balance my education and personal life. Also the compassion and care everyone there for one another is irreplaceable and is once in a life time feeling. While at Jane Addams I learned that not just African Americans have struggles in their lives and not just my race suffers. Coming here with multiple and different races, I was able to get a glimpse of each ethnicity and their everyday struggles. It was life changing for me. I was amazed and shocked because I thought only my race goes through those type of obstacles. I’m really glad that I was able to experience and relate to races other than mine, because it taught me a lot. I learned that it doesn’t matter what race, color or culture you are, everyone is dealing with their own demons and no one is perfect, we’re all the same. Thanks Ms. Comparini for everything. You are one of the most amazing and outstanding women that I know. A lot of students might not see and understand how much work you put into this school to keep it running smooth, but I do.

Posted February 02, 2016
Being at Jane Addams opened my eyes. JAHS seems annoying at first, but it is definitely a school that will grow on you. They always provided a safe and quiet work place, so I was always able to get my work done. I am very thankful for everyone at Jane Addams, because without them I wouldn't have grown - not only as a student but as an adult. They made me a better person.

Posted January 27, 2016
Before entering Jane Addams High School I was attending another school. Life at my other school was fun for three years but it was time to get serious about my future plans which led me to attend Jane Addams High School. At JAHS the small classrooms allowed me to be successful and get one on one help with the teachers. They helped me to learn about a career in engineering due to my excellent scores in mathematics. Their attendance and grading system is no laughing matter. They take it very serious. The teachers don't allow for a student to slack off. I appreciate all of the staff especially the principal because she does what she can to make sure we have everything we need to be successful. She goes out of her way to come up with ideas for staff and students to create a bigger bond together.

Posted January 26, 2016
My time at Jane Addams was very eye opening. The staff at Jane Addams does a lot in order to help bring out the best in you. No matter what you go through in life Jane Addams staff is there for you, all you have to do is ask. Being at Jane Addams I learned the true meaning of the words “Own It”. Own it means realizing that every decision you make, is exactly that. A decision made by you and only you, not the next person. I wholeheartedly credit my success in high school to the Jane Addams staff, because unlike any other school they just would not sit by and watch me fall. No matter how many times I self-sabotaged myself, the support system there gave it their all to not allow me to do so and for that, I truly thank them.

Posted January 19, 2016
As I look back on the time I have spent at Jane Addams High School, I can without a doubt say that this has been the best high school experience ever. My first day of school was awesome because everyone seemed to get along. At Jane Addams I didn't have to worry about people coming behind me and start something because everyone respects each other. I know that if I needed help on something a staff member at Jane Addams would take the time to help me out. The teachers teach really well. I understand the lessons better at Jane Addams. You may ask why I was successful at Jane Addams and not at my prior school. I would have to reply by saying everything. What do I mean about everything? The teachers take their time to explain and do not get mad when you don’t understand, the staff is so kind and helpful. Everyone respects each other and look out for each other.

Posted January 14, 2016
At Jane Addams high school I learned a lot about myself. It is a very friendly and safe environment. I liked Jane Addams High School because the staff is very understanding and helpful. I was more successful at Jane Addams because I did not have to focus on passing classes that are not required to graduate. Also, the teachers focus on students as individuals. Teachers make sure the work is not too hard or too easy. Jane Addams High School gives you a chance to succeed. I love this school because the staff made me feel like it is never too late to be someone in life. Everyone has a dream in this school and our dream is cherished and taken seriously by the staff. I have gained so much confidence in myself while attending Jane Addams .

1814 S Union Ave, Chicago, IL  60616
Last modified Jane Addams High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Jane Addams High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 204 reviews. Top