9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (21 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (26 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (31 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)

Jane Addams has helped me understand the value of another chance, and more importantly, never to give up on myself. Jane Addams is definitely the school that I needed. Jane Addams is a place where miracles never cease. I am one those miracles.

Jane Addams has been less stressful than my other high school. There isn’t any unnecessary drama. It’s pretty relaxed – all you got to do is stay out of trouble and focus on getting your work done. Even though this school is small, all of the staff members are really cool people. I respect them, and they respect me.

I was more successful at JAHS because of the wonderful teaching staff. They kept me involved in the class activities. I fit in with everyone. I never worried about drama from classmates or by unprofessional staff members like you do at other schools. The JAHS staff are the best that I have ever had in a school. They work with you until the end and won't let you give up. Their main priority is for the students to be focused on their school tasks. I learned much more at Jane Addams in a year than at the 3 years at my previous school!

I have learned a lot since being at Jane Addams. I have learned that understanding others and communication is important. You cannot get upset and start yelling and being disrespectful just because you think you are right. They will stop you in your tracks. I learned to focus on myself and not create drama. I have learned that working hard in all classes, and staying under the radar can help me graduate faster. There is good balance of work and fun at JAHS.

What I like about Jane Addams is the staff shows a lot of respect and support towards the students. Since the first day I came for a tour around the school, Ms. Gonzalez and Ms. Comparini were very kind and nice. I feel like they have prepared me for my future life after high school which is college. JAHS has given me a lot of potential in myself to succeed in life and not give up. They are supportive and encourage and support me with any situation, this actually brings me hope and makes me want to try with my education.

Jane Addams has been very hard with the rules, but it has shown me an optimistic path in my future. At Jane Addams, I’ve learned a lot about consequences for not following a prioritized schedule correctly. Jane Addams teaches me how to stick with what I am expected to do as a citizen and member of society. There are many rules in Jane Addams that I don’t necessarily agree with, but I know that they are there to help me progress in life. I thank the teachers for being respectful, helpful, diligent, and friendly. The way the teachers view me has changed my family's perception of me, and I’ve made them hopeful that my future will be bright. That being said, I want to say thank you for every way the staff has helped me become a better person at Jane Addams.

I’ve been more successful at Jane Addams than any other high school I've attended because of the atmosphere. It’s a place you can be comfortable and not worry about anything negative happening. The students respect each other and all the teachers help you a lot. It's a great place full of awesome people who want nothing but to see their students succeed and to make sure that when they graduate, they are ready for the real world. I feel that a lot more students that are having trouble in school should look up Jane Addams. The school might look small on the outside but it feels bigger on the inside, because this is where students succeed.

At JAHS I don’t have to worry about bullies, mean people, or anyone that wants to stop me from succeeding, because the staff members at Jane Addams are great. This school gives the type of environment every student needs to be successful. Going to Jane Addams High has been an inspirational experience for me. I learned how to be self-sufficient because, if I truly want to get things done I need to do them myself. No one is going to do it for me. Jane Addams is a great school, I truly like it, and I love the staff in this building. I would recommend this school to any student who is having a hard time attending a different school. Whatever they’re struggling with or going through, Jane Addams will help them to graduate successfully and prepare them for what will come next.

My life before Jane Addams High School was in pieces. I can honestly say that coming to Jane Addams has given me the confidence that I needed. I felt welcomed from the moment I walked in the door. I knew that this was a place that I would be able to succeed. I would not say that I was not successful at my old school, I was just not comfortable being there anymore. At Jane Addams I not only feel safe, but I have also seen that I have succeeded more on my own. I now realize that I cannot rely on others and have to take care of my own business. The school is small and there is not a lot of drama. I have had the honor to work with Ms. Hernandez and Ms. Becker, who have gone above and beyond to make sure that I am okay, and that my FAFSA and College Applications are done. While being at Jane Addams I have learned that self-sufficiency is something that everybody needs, that being responsible for your own things will benefit you. Every day at JAHS is a different day; there is always something to look forward to when coming to school. I like that Jane Addams has a staff that knows how to be serious and fun at the same time. Jane Addams is my dream school and for the first time in my life I look forward to going to school every day. Jane Addams is a place that actually does what they say.

Memories I have going to school at Jane Addams are unforgettable. Jane Addams was always a fun school to me but there was always work that needed to be done. All you have to do is stay focused. Being at Jane Addams opened my eyes to see that I always wanted give up when things were getting too hard, but they made me push through it. I can really say that Jane Addams is my second family, my home away from home. If I can start my whole Jane Addams experience over I would. This is my family, my home and I’m proud to be a part of a great school like Jane Addams. Thanks to the dean and teachers and my wonderful principle I am going to the college of my choosing.

Last modified Jane Addams High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12