PK, 3-4, 7-8|Private

Bad
Good

My daughter went to this school for 4 years and now she is in the 3rd grade and she is doing excellent. She's always on the honor roll and her reading is off the charts. I'm glad I sent her to this school. They gave her a head start.

What an excellent school! This is my 4 yr old's 2nd year and my 15 month old's first. The teachers are so involved and I see the results in my daughters academic progress and behavior. It has a montessori setup, observation windows in all rooms (so you can pop in and see how your child's doing at any time), and lunch is made fresh every day (not just hot dogs and sandwiches thrown together, but meals like mashed potatoes, meatloaf and green peas, etc). In the infant room, the floor is setup so the children can learn through play, and everyone entering must wear disposable covers over their shoes. The school is also very clean. They have a daily routine, so at any given time you know whats going on. Overall I have been very satisfied with the quality of this school. Calm and orderly, no tv watching, i recommend it!

The school is in a perfect location to service the young parents in the area, i would recommend the school to others, althoug I do beleive that there is a gap in the consistency of the staff and their inertactions with parents, I personally had a experience where I pulled my child from the school because I was not sure if the staff had some sort of personal 'beef' with me being a male father who was in charge of my child's early education. There were question that never got answered, and I felt as if they were trying to work with me and my child.

Last modified Chicago Urban Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK, 3-4, 7-8