Bad
Good

This is a good school. There is hardly any violence here. Not really any gang activity. It's pretty peaceful. It does come up short when being compare to the "big shot" such as lane, walter payton, young, and nothside prep. But the class room sizes are smaller, so the kids get more attention. each student is issued a laptop and can do work/homework online, even when at home sick. I think with a little more of a budget, this could be one of the best. Friendly staff, good teachers, safe environment. My surrounding schools are steinmetz, foreman, prosser, and schurz, I chose Chicago Academy for my son, and haven't thought twice about it.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I don't know. These questions are a little too deep. Who comes up with this stuff?

Amount of homework: Agree

I think it's a fair load. A lot of the assignments are given through their computers. My son plays 3 sports, so sometimes he has to do homework until 11-12 at night. But that comes with the territory.

Develops character: Agree

They are very strict. My son is a good boy and i raised him well. But he isn't perfect. This school will call you to notify you of the slightest infraction. Which is good, cause after that call, I never got another.

Report it Great school excellent teachers that care for their students, I love this school and there are no violence.

This School doesnt care about there students and they lack teaching students plus there is so much violance going on there

Great school excellent teachers that care for their students last year for us it's been a great four years thank you to all who invested their time

THIS SCHOOL IS THE WORST WHEN IT COMES TO COMMUNICATION THE WEB SITE GIVES NO INFORMATION FROM THE STAFF OR E-MAIL ADDRESS HOW IS ONE PARENT SUPPOSE TO COMMINCATE WITH THERE CHILD'S TEACHER WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN CALL THERE VOICE MAIL IS ALWAYS FULL AND THE ATTENDANT IS NEVER AVAILBLE-WHAT A POOR SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chicago Academy has failed us. After my son was accepted to the school he has nothing but problems and was bullied all the time. He was afraid to go to school, his teachers became mean and we were told to go to another school. We took him to another school were he is doing alot better. The Chicago Academy kicked out the bullys and they go to the high school my son is at. At his new school the bullys don't bother him and we wish he went to this school at first. Chicago Acdemy does not care about all students just students who they want.

I love the way this school is working toward supplying the finest teachers

Last modified Chicago Academy High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.