Posted April 20, 2015
This is my son's first year at St. Gall. When my husband and I decided to enroll him in Pre-School, our main goal was for him obtain a good school experience, meaning that he would like going to school and feel safe near others. Over this past year we have seen that and much more. He has exceeded all of our expectations. St. Gall my son is exposed to math, art, Spanish, computer, gym and so much more. Both teachers and staff work so hard to help students. In the office Mrs. Angie works so hard to make St. Gall not only a great school but also a place were everyone feels welcome. I do think that parents need to be involved in their children education because when they stay on the sides they tend to blame others for their lack of involvement. As parents our children should be our priority and when it comes to their education we should be Full Time Parents.

Posted March 30, 2015
I absolutely love this school, staff and teachers. Mrs. Flores, the school principal, has worked really well with me. The staff and teachers have gone above and beyond to always be there for me. My little one has really come out of her shell and has learned so many great things. She loves her teachers and her school. I am very happy with this school!

St Gall Elementary School 1

Posted March 04, 2015
I'm disappointed with the downward spiral in quality that has occurred in this school. There is a ridiculous amount of gossip and favoritism in this school. The amount of standardized testing is excessive- which was really upsetting to me because it was something I was trying to avoid by choosing a catholic school. When the principal first started she was great and now her leadership skills leave a lot to be desired. Unfortunately this puts an immense amount of stress on the teachers which though they try not to they take it out on the kids. A lot of the parents are cliquey and school events often turn into competitions to outdo each other. I also agree with the previous reviewer- there are WAY too many fundraisers and way too little improvement. In addition, the student turnover rate from year to year should be a MAJOR red flag to you- 30 kids start off in kindergarten and by second grade maybe 7 of the original kids are left. Not all is bad though because we had a great experience with the kindergarten (Olson) and 1st grade teachers (Manzke)- I wish I could bring them to our new school with me!

Posted February 26, 2015
St. Gall has been a part of our family for 4 years. My children transferred from the surrounding public school and were not expelled or suspended. I am very happy with the education. The teachers stay late with clubs and tutoring. The principal has always made herself available to myself or my two sisters who also have their children at St. Gall. Children learn from their homes and that is the foundation for all teachings. Ms. Martha, Ms. Manzke, Ms. Piniuta and Ms. Sucharski have helped my children and nieces and nephews immensely. I am grateful to the school for opening their doors. How sad to read such unnecessary/rude comments-

St Gall Elementary School 2

Posted February 11, 2015
School is full of bullies. The principal is a bully. The office staff are bullies. A lot of the teachers are bullies so of course that rubs off on the children who go on to do the same. Many of the parents are rude and think they are all that you see them coming in the parking lot with their fancy cars, designer purses, and iPhones,but then these are the same people who go cry to the principal for financial aid. I agree with the person who wrote the last review- They love you when they are trying to get you to bring your kids but then they treat you like you know what once your there. Don't waste your money the public schools in the neighborhood are the same education and for free!

Posted January 15, 2015
My son has attended St. Gall School since Preschool. When I first went to go visit the school with my son I felt very welcomed by the office staff. Not only was everyone very nice to us, but the education that the school had to offer was superb. My son had a full day of school at 3yrs old, by the time he was 5yrs old he was already reading. He attends mass once a week with his class and knew all his prayers in preschool. I am very pleased with the education and experience my son has had at St. Gall and we both look forward to the upcoming years.

Posted January 13, 2015
I had volunteered at St. Gall school for a few years before becoming a parent. Once I became a parent, I realized how important it was to choose the right school for your child. You want there to be a balance between discipline, a rigorous curriculum but inspiring the student to be excited about learning new things all while having fun. I am very happy to say that I found that at St. Gall. My son is doing so well, as a preschooler, he is not only exposed to a the basic social, math and reading skills at his learning level, he also has creative art and music, gym, spanish and technology classes throughout the week. Knowing my son is receiving such a high quality education makes every penny that goes towards tuition worth it.

Posted January 13, 2015
St. Gall School is a wonderful establishment. The office staff is always very welcoming and the teacher's always seem eager to assist in my child's educational goals. We recently moved from the suburbs and had decided to enroll our third grader into private school as to avoid CPS over crowding. This tranisition was not easy for him and the school staff went above and beyond to ensure that he felt comfortable and welcome. Mrs. Flores, the school's Principal, has always met my concerns with great attention and has always given us an open door policy. She addresses our concerns promptly, and always offers a helping hand if in need. I highly recommend this school because of it's family feel. We are looking forward to the many years ahead with St. Gall.

Posted January 13, 2015
I feel very honored and blessed to be a part of this school community. The staff's primary concern is to support and help all students in the class. The administration does a great job at collaborating with the teachers and parents to ensure that all students are receiving the best education that they are entitled to. We are very fortunate to have a Title 1 teacher whom offers extra support to students outside of the general classroom in the areas of Math and Reading. We also have the privilege to have a Resource Teacher who works very closely with each classroom teacher and offers extra support to students in their classrooms in the area of Math. St. Gall is a great school because of the support and communication between the families and the staff. The Catholic identity is truly present at St. Gall.

St Gall Elementary School 1

Posted December 23, 2014
Some of the teachers need to learn to be more patient with the kids. There is a big lack of communication between parents and staff. The school calendar is sometimes two weeks late! The school really suffers from lack of organization and lack of leadership from the principle. Don't believe the priest's and principles hype- they are super nice when they're trying to convince you to put your kids in the school, but once they have you they ignore you or are rude to you. Plus every things about the money I mean I know its a private school, but theres a lot of mandatory fundraising on top of super expensive tuition. The school was great a few years ago, but I wouldn't recommend it anymore. Take your kids somewhere else.

St Gall Elementary School
5515 South Sawyer Avenue, Chicago, IL  60629
Last modified St Gall Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Gall Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top