Posted January 15, 2015
My son has attended St. Gall School since Preschool. When I first went to go visit the school with my son I felt very welcomed by the office staff. Not only was everyone very nice to us, but the education that the school had to offer was superb. My son had a full day of school at 3yrs old, by the time he was 5yrs old he was already reading. He attends mass once a week with his class and knew all his prayers in preschool. I am very pleased with the education and experience my son has had at St. Gall and we both look forward to the upcoming years.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 13, 2015
I had volunteered at St. Gall school for a few years before becoming a parent. Once I became a parent, I realized how important it was to choose the right school for your child. You want there to be a balance between discipline, a rigorous curriculum but inspiring the student to be excited about learning new things all while having fun. I am very happy to say that I found that at St. Gall. My son is doing so well, as a preschooler, he is not only exposed to a the basic social, math and reading skills at his learning level, he also has creative art and music, gym, spanish and technology classes throughout the week. Knowing my son is receiving such a high quality education makes every penny that goes towards tuition worth it.
3 people found this helpful

Posted January 13, 2015
St. Gall School is a wonderful establishment. The office staff is always very welcoming and the teacher's always seem eager to assist in my child's educational goals. We recently moved from the suburbs and had decided to enroll our third grader into private school as to avoid CPS over crowding. This tranisition was not easy for him and the school staff went above and beyond to ensure that he felt comfortable and welcome. Mrs. Flores, the school's Principal, has always met my concerns with great attention and has always given us an open door policy. She addresses our concerns promptly, and always offers a helping hand if in need. I highly recommend this school because of it's family feel. We are looking forward to the many years ahead with St. Gall.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 13, 2015
I feel very honored and blessed to be a part of this school community. The staff's primary concern is to support and help all students in the class. The administration does a great job at collaborating with the teachers and parents to ensure that all students are receiving the best education that they are entitled to. We are very fortunate to have a Title 1 teacher whom offers extra support to students outside of the general classroom in the areas of Math and Reading. We also have the privilege to have a Resource Teacher who works very closely with each classroom teacher and offers extra support to students in their classrooms in the area of Math. St. Gall is a great school because of the support and communication between the families and the staff. The Catholic identity is truly present at St. Gall.

St Gall Elementary School 1

Posted December 23, 2014
Some of the teachers need to learn to be more patient with the kids. There is a big lack of communication between parents and staff. The school calendar is sometimes two weeks late! The school really suffers from lack of organization and lack of leadership from the principle. Don't believe the priest's and principles hype- they are super nice when they're trying to convince you to put your kids in the school, but once they have you they ignore you or are rude to you. Plus every things about the money I mean I know its a private school, but theres a lot of mandatory fundraising on top of super expensive tuition. The school was great a few years ago, but I wouldn't recommend it anymore. Take your kids somewhere else.

Posted August 08, 2013
This is a very good school and the best school in the area. The teachers are all very caring and creative with the students. The kids have acess to a lot of nice stuff- ipads, smart boards, a new playground etc. All of the kids are nice and respectful and do not behave at all like the local public school kids, the students at St. Gall seem so much more innocent and that was one of my favorite things about the school. There is also a nice emphasis on religion at St. Gall and while this shouldn't be a surprise at a catholic school I know that a lot of other schools are catholic in name only, this is not the case at St. Gall. My kids knew all their prayers by the end of kindergarten! The teachers and Fr. Gary also did a wonderful job of preparing my kids for the first communion . My kids have taught me how to be a good catholic! In general the school is great- my kids love it and so do I. I highly recommend it.
6 people found this helpful

St Gall Elementary School 4

Posted April 19, 2013
La escuela de San Gall es verdaderamente una escuela maravillosa. A mis hijos les encanta. Los maestros est n realmente interesados en los ni os y dedicados a su educaci n.Mis hijos se sienten seguros all y s que todos realmente se preocupan por ellos. La directora esta muy envuelta y siempre est buscando maneras de mejorar la escuela.Tambien el padre Gary es maravilloso. Me siento c modo sabiendo que los sacrificios que hacemos para pagar por su educaci n valen la pena. Se la recomiendo a todos los padres que aman a sus hijos y que quieren que sean alguien en la vida.

Posted January 26, 2013
St. Gall has changed a lot for the better over the past two years. The new principle has made a lot of changes and they are getting a lot of new stuff from the big shoulders fund. Pretty much all the classrooms have smart boards and a lot of them also have iPads. Kaboom also built them a new playground a year ago. My kids love it and its definitely worth the sacrifices we are making to pay for them to go there. The staff is dedicated to make sure all the kids are learning and having fun.The enrollment has gone up a bit, but i wish more parents from Gage Park would take their kids here- the neighborhood would be nice if they did! There is a true sense of community, especially with students working together - not just in their own grade, but between grades too and also with the church. St. Gall is a safe, caring and a really good school.
5 people found this helpful

Posted January 02, 2013
I have my son in preschool at St. Gall and since starting he has done really well. He speaks much better and has learned so much. St. Gall also has many great programs and activities for the kids to take advantage of. Preschool is full day and the kids have recess on the new playground daily. Their music program is great too- he comes home singing a new song daily. I especially like that their preschool program is the perfect mix of structured learning and free play. I highly recommend it !

Posted December 28, 2012
my daughter started kindergarden last year and she had a great time.I feel very good about having her at St. Gall because she learned alot and the teachers are very dedicated.
3 people found this helpful

St Gall Elementary School
5515 South Sawyer Avenue, Chicago, IL  60629
Last modified St Gall Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Gall Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top