Chicago, IL
Before care: Yes

Posted November 10, 2014
We transferred our 3 kids to St Thecla this year and couldn't be happier! We love the camaraderie here! It is a positive environment and there is a sense of concern and compassion for ALL. Principal Gargano is new and very involved. He sends out weekly emails and greets the children every day. The teacher dedication is great. Kids are using ipads in classroom. Older students bring ipads home; they use google classroom to receive assignments/submit homework/study. Tech savvy and no lost homework!! The kids also have their own school email to communicate to teachers/classmates. The ipad is theirs to keep after graduation. Classroom size is manageable, giving the teacher/children the time they deserve. The kids also enjoy Music, Art, Spanish and Computers. The sports program is strong! We did not grow up in a Catholic School environment---so switching from public school was a big deal for us. Our kids, were doing well academically at old school. They continue to do well. They feel challenged and they will be prepared for high school--AND BEYOND. St Thecla is making a difference!

St. Thecla 4

Posted October 29, 2014
I am so proud of St Thecla . Junior high curriculum has challenged my boys. The junior high teachers they hired the last few years have made an incredible academic impact on the students. I am so proud of my son who was accepted into the Notre Dame Hesburgh honors program this year as a freshman. (And he wasn't the only boy offered this honor). I know this accomplishment was done with the guidance and tough academics provided by his teachers at Thecla. Congrats! St Thecla has also worked with son with his disability. He is a junior high student and his grades have improved this year. It's comforting to send my son to a school where I know the principal and staff really care about academic and emotional needs of this students. I always feel so relaxed and welcome at the school events. You can always see the smiles and hear the laughter of Thecla community. Thank you to my Thecla Family.

Posted April 21, 2014
saint thecla is an amazing school. My child enjoys going to school at saint thecla. In addition to the great teachers at this school, the kids are the best. They are all friends with each other and mostly all nice to eachother. Great school all around.

Posted November 20, 2013
I have 3 children attending St Thecla and could not be happier. The Principle and Teachers are excellent and there is such a strong sense of community. The Pastor Father Gene is an excellent leader and the parent involvement is incredible. It is a commitment financially to send your kids to Catholic School especially when there are very good public schools in area but worth every penny.

Posted October 08, 2013
St. Thecla is a wonderful school. We have been at this school now for 10+ years, and I agree, we have had a inadequate principal and teachers in the past, but everything has changed. We now have a wonderful principal and all of our teachers are top notch! The junior high is absolutely amazing! The teachers are all so dedicated and a couple of them are "heart of the school" award winners. Most of all, our test scores are the highest in the area! They have started many new programs such as incorporating Pads, Spanish in K-8, and resource teachers. It is really an amazing school!

Posted October 01, 2013
My son has now attended St. Thecla for several years. During this time, the small class sizes and engaged staff have effectively supported his academic progress and the values based academic program has given him the morals and standards that will benefit him in life. Furthermore, the principal has a strong vision for the future of the school and his work ethic is inspirational.

Posted August 04, 2013
St. Thecla is a hidden gem in Chicago. My kids began by attending full day preK programs, which have quality teachers & curriculum. What I was surprised to learn is that it was 1/3 the price of daycare! The flexible before and after care program along with the after school enrichment programs have been a true blessing for my family. The communication and quality of education is remarkable. The 1:1 attention my kids receive in the small class sizes is beyond compare. The communication from teachers, principal, and staff is remarkable. Everyone there knows the students' individual students' strengths and weaknesses. Mr. Gargano, having only completed his first year as principal, is fantastic. He greets the kids each day as they enter, is a presence in the classrooms and hallways, and is energetic and enthusiastic leader. I worried about the how one of my kids, who has a reading disability, would grow in a small Catholic school. However, he has made wonderful gains working with the school's resource teacher in a 1:1 pull-out. As a transplant to the city, it has been wonderful becoming part of a thriving community & most importantly--my kids are flourishing.

Posted April 23, 2013
My child has been a student at St.Thecla since pre k. She has not only been able to achieve great heights scholastically thru extra curricular activities like The Academic Bowl, The National Spelling Bee and The National Jr. Honor Society but St. Thecla has helped to mold my child into a good citizen. She has been encouraged to pursue her dreams since early elementary grades. Her heroes are her teachers not pop stars. She is in jr. high, where inspiration occurs daily in the classroom.

Posted November 03, 2012
Saint Thecla is an excellent school! We have excellent teachers, a strong new principal who teaches the values of a good leader, and excellent teams for both academics and sports. Our sport teams are very talented and we recently came in first place at our academic bowl! The students and teachers both love and care for each other. The teachers have the students best interence at heart and will take the time and help you until you fully understand the materials. I hope you give your the children a chance to feel loved at school and get the best education possible. For more information visit @saintthecla.org

Posted June 04, 2012
My daughter just graduated from St. Thecla. She came to this school in 8th grade. Transferring in 8th grade is difficult, but the principal and staff at Thecla could not have been better. They made my daughter feel at home from day one. Within a week you wouldn't know who the "new kid" was. The education my daughter got was great, small class sizes and teachers who get to know your child. It is also hard for a parent to change schools but the staff, principal, teachers and school secretary were very helpful. The kids are well behaved and respectful to adults and each other. The parents are super friendly. I would definitely recommend this school.

St. Thecla