Chicago, IL

Posted February 20, 2015
Great school. Excellent academics and extracurricular activities. If you want your child to excel in a faith based environment, like small classes and great staff this is the school for you

Posted February 20, 2015
Recent changes in the last few years have done wonders to make this an Excellent school! The principal and pastor are nurturing and caring and really put their heart and soul into St. Thecla. Junior high teachers are knowledgeable and challenge the students. Primary teachers are nurturing and my Kindergartener Loves school and Loves learning. He is so proud of all his accomplishments this year. My middle school aged child is constantly challenged with technology, utilizing the Ipad daily. Her teacher utilizes various teaching methodologies to enhance learning with apps, educational games, invention fairs and court reenactments. My oldest graduated and is very successful in high school. He is involved in sports, and made the honor roll despite his learning disability. He overcomes his struggles due in great part to the educational foundation he received at St. Thecla.

Posted February 17, 2015
Saint Thecla is a great 'family' school. The principal and pastor both work together to build a school community that provides the essentials for a great faith based education. There is such a strong support from the parents in this school as well.

Posted February 17, 2015
I have never worked with more dedicated professionals that collectively work to make this school the best it can be. Their daily care for the children continues to amaze me.

Posted January 23, 2015
St. Thecla is what Catholic education should be. Strong values. Strong academics. Family focused. Alumni tradition. Preparing our children to be individuals while at the same time preparing them to be high school and college ready, with the test scores as proof. Award winning teachers who are dedicated to their craft and bringing in new ideas and ingenuity to teach the children of today and tomorrow.

Posted November 10, 2014
We transferred our 3 kids to St Thecla this year and couldn't be happier! We love the camaraderie here! It is a positive environment and there is a sense of concern and compassion for ALL. Principal Gargano is new and very involved. He sends out weekly emails and greets the children every day. The teacher dedication is great. Kids are using ipads in classroom. Older students bring ipads home; they use google classroom to receive assignments/submit homework/study. Tech savvy and no lost homework!! The kids also have their own school email to communicate to teachers/classmates. The ipad is theirs to keep after graduation. Classroom size is manageable, giving the teacher/children the time they deserve. The kids also enjoy Music, Art, Spanish and Computers. The sports program is strong! We did not grow up in a Catholic School environment---so switching from public school was a big deal for us. Our kids, were doing well academically at old school. They continue to do well. They feel challenged and they will be prepared for high school--AND BEYOND. St Thecla is making a difference!

St. Thecla 4

Posted October 29, 2014
I am so proud of St Thecla . Junior high curriculum has challenged my boys. The junior high teachers they hired the last few years have made an incredible academic impact on the students. I am so proud of my son who was accepted into the Notre Dame Hesburgh honors program this year as a freshman. (And he wasn't the only boy offered this honor). I know this accomplishment was done with the guidance and tough academics provided by his teachers at Thecla. Congrats! St Thecla has also worked with son with his disability. He is a junior high student and his grades have improved this year. It's comforting to send my son to a school where I know the principal and staff really care about academic and emotional needs of this students. I always feel so relaxed and welcome at the school events. You can always see the smiles and hear the laughter of Thecla community. Thank you to my Thecla Family.

Posted April 21, 2014
saint thecla is an amazing school. My child enjoys going to school at saint thecla. In addition to the great teachers at this school, the kids are the best. They are all friends with each other and mostly all nice to eachother. Great school all around.

Posted November 20, 2013
I have 3 children attending St Thecla and could not be happier. The Principle and Teachers are excellent and there is such a strong sense of community. The Pastor Father Gene is an excellent leader and the parent involvement is incredible. It is a commitment financially to send your kids to Catholic School especially when there are very good public schools in area but worth every penny.

Posted October 08, 2013
St. Thecla is a wonderful school. We have been at this school now for 10+ years, and I agree, we have had a inadequate principal and teachers in the past, but everything has changed. We now have a wonderful principal and all of our teachers are top notch! The junior high is absolutely amazing! The teachers are all so dedicated and a couple of them are "heart of the school" award winners. Most of all, our test scores are the highest in the area! They have started many new programs such as incorporating Pads, Spanish in K-8, and resource teachers. It is really an amazing school!

St. Thecla