Bad
Good

Posted June 12, 2013
Tarkington is racist and they are not for all students. They make different policies that doesn't meet the needs of all students. Tarkington is not excellence they need to define what excellence mean....

Posted March 28, 2011
My child currently attends Tarkington School of Excellence. I do agree that the school is a terrible school. My son has been in the school since Pre K. The teachers lack all the essential skills that are needed to be a teacher. Also at no point was I informed that thiswas a Spanish based school. I recall a field trip that I attended in his PreK class. The teacher read the instructions for the trip in spanish and didn't read it in engilsh. So I asked if she planned to read it in english she proceeded to say I figure since you speak engilsh you can read it on your own. I was rather bothered by this because if you are reading something in one language it should be read in all languages that are spoken in the classs since she chose to single out spanish. When my son returned for Kindergarden his teacher Ms. Boseman was very rude and didn't treat the kids farely. My son had to write a story about what super hero he would be. He was so excited but when he turned in his paper the teacher told him tell your mom not to do your work. I asked her about it and she said oh I didn't mean it like that. From the beginining when communicating with the teaching staff I have been dissapointed.

Tarkington Elementary School

Posted May 18, 2010
I love Tarkington because it is an excellent school with very good instructors who care about the students.

Tarkington Elementary School 5

Posted September 23, 2009
My son started Kinder at Tarkington. He went to a private pre-school before. I was hesitant to enroll him at any CPS school, but my son, now in 1st grade, is reading, writing and eager about math and school. In fact, he is being taught more than some of my friends who have their children in private schools in the same grade.

Posted May 25, 2009
My child attended Tarkington School of 'Excellance' as they claim for three years, K-2 grade. And I have to say I am very disatisfied with the involment of the teachers and staff when it comes to working with parents and students. Since K, my child had problems academically in class and after many attempts of speaking with teachers and staff the only help or advice I received was to turn off the TV and no toys. The school lacks experice teachers and I feel its nothing more than a playground for new teachers and staff fresh out of college, because it seems they don't know what the hell they r doing. I think every person knows that theory learned in school doesn't apply 100% in the real world, and the tearchers and staff need to think outside the box.

Tarkington Elementary School
3330 West 71st St, Chicago, IL  60629
Last modified Tarkington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.