Public charter
Chicago, IL

Providence-Englewood Elementary Charter School 4

Posted January 11, 2013
This is a great school, very disciplined and I absolutely love it!!! I have 2 children that attend the school and they love it too!!!! The staff is ALL about the children. Parental involvement is mandatory, so if your not into attending parent teacher conferences, attending school assemblies, and attending parent enrichment classes, then this school is not for your child.

Providence-Englewood Elementary Charter School 3

Posted January 17, 2012
This school is unlike your regular schools. They are Intense with their expectations of the students. They induce the readiness and appropriate cognitive level of the students to a degree almost illegal. Most parents feel that this is exactly what their child needs to be successful. I do agree, you should not underestimate your child on what she/he could do. However, there is a thin line between teaching, and pressuring. This school is more concern about their numbers than their students. My daughter, who attends PECS, is currently in First grade, and barley made it out of kindergarten. She is so stressed out by the work load of home work they give her, and the frequent testing that is almost everyday. I feel as though I am homeschooling my child, because It takes us 4 hours a day to do her homework, which is about 6-7 pages a day. Not your average homework for a first grader.

Providence-Englewood Elementary Charter School 5

Posted August 07, 2011
PECS is a place where every parent should be proud that their child attends. This is am institution of learning at it's best, in the Engelwood area. They are very strict and rigid, but isn't that what our children need to survive this world & compete academically? Parents whom are disgruntled about the school and it's policies are the ones who believe that it's only teachers & school systems who are responsible for their childs education. With that said, if you'd like to send your child to a place whet they are preparing to compete in a global world, then, send them to PECS & watch them soar.

Providence-Englewood Elementary Charter School 2

Posted August 05, 2011
This used to be a great school. The first three years were wonderful. Students were on task, and I can only say this was due to the hard work of the teachers. One teacher there really stood out. Once she left, things started to go down. The principal is not friendly. She doesn't seem to know how to run the school to get results. Also, it would be great if they did more for the students - not just readying them for tests. Let them have fun once in awhile.

Providence-Englewood Elementary Charter School 0

Posted February 04, 2009
I think this is a great school the teacher and principal are so nice and helpful they really care about the students there an by the school being very strict the student are all polite and well dehaved the student are not running thru the halls like i have seen in other school this school is really getting them ready for adult hood

Providence-Englewood Elementary Charter School 5

Posted August 13, 2008
I love this school! My child stays on the honor roll.Yes,the kids have alot of work but we as parents need to work with our children at home and make the sacrifice!

Providence-Englewood Elementary Charter School 3

Posted August 13, 2008
This school is great and any parent that says otherwise are not putting in the work with their child.I just want them to have more activities,sports ,and aftercare!

Providence-Englewood Elementary Charter School 0

Posted July 28, 2008
I totally disagree I think that the principal is doing a wonderful job . I believe that it is also the parents responsilbity to participate at the school. The school does not have any of the old school structure. I can only speak for my child. She has been on the honor roll every semester since she has been there. It depends on the parent the teachers and staff our there to help and teach or children not babysit them. So for the parents that think something is wrong with the school address the school and help teach your child.

Providence-Englewood Elementary Charter School
6515 South Ashland Avenue, Chicago, IL  60636
Last modified Providence-Englewood Elementary Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Providence-Englewood Elementary Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top