Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

As an Alumni I feel as though sending your child to this institution is I win/loose situation. Yes I can say that the curriculum is superb, But the amount of homework we received was dreadful and very time consuming. Not to mention all of extra curricular activities and all of this homework?? That doesn't mix. The most pressure I felt was in my 8th grade year. I felt noooooo support from my principal at all. The only graduate function she attended was graduation. My 8th grade class really didnt feel much support from anyone.The school also pressured all of their 8th graders to have this one school in consideration automatically, Providence St. Mel. As I followed through with the considered school, we fond out some sketchy things about the financial system ran in the school. If you feel you child is ready to take on this challenge feel free to send them. If not I would be looking for other schools. If I send my child in the near future there would have to be a new principal.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Usually when I used to get homework I got like 8 to 10 pages a day and then on Sunday they expected you to read a coupe chapters in a chapter book

Develops character: Neutral

Some teachers show favoritism towards other students so many students don't get some of the same opportunities as many of the other students

This is a great school, very disciplined and I absolutely love it!!! I have 2 children that attend the school and they love it too!!!! The staff is ALL about the children. Parental involvement is mandatory, so if your not into attending parent teacher conferences, attending school assemblies, and attending parent enrichment classes, then this school is not for your child.

This school is unlike your regular schools. They are Intense with their expectations of the students. They induce the readiness and appropriate cognitive level of the students to a degree almost illegal. Most parents feel that this is exactly what their child needs to be successful. I do agree, you should not underestimate your child on what she/he could do. However, there is a thin line between teaching, and pressuring. This school is more concern about their numbers than their students. My daughter, who attends PECS, is currently in First grade, and barley made it out of kindergarten. She is so stressed out by the work load of home work they give her, and the frequent testing that is almost everyday. I feel as though I am homeschooling my child, because It takes us 4 hours a day to do her homework, which is about 6-7 pages a day. Not your average homework for a first grader.

PECS is a place where every parent should be proud that their child attends. This is am institution of learning at it's best, in the Engelwood area. They are very strict and rigid, but isn't that what our children need to survive this world & compete academically? Parents whom are disgruntled about the school and it's policies are the ones who believe that it's only teachers & school systems who are responsible for their childs education. With that said, if you'd like to send your child to a place whet they are preparing to compete in a global world, then, send them to PECS & watch them soar.

This used to be a great school. The first three years were wonderful. Students were on task, and I can only say this was due to the hard work of the teachers. One teacher there really stood out. Once she left, things started to go down. The principal is not friendly. She doesn't seem to know how to run the school to get results. Also, it would be great if they did more for the students - not just readying them for tests. Let them have fun once in awhile.

I think this is a great school the teacher and principal are so nice and helpful they really care about the students there an by the school being very strict the student are all polite and well dehaved the student are not running thru the halls like i have seen in other school this school is really getting them ready for adult hood

I love this school! My child stays on the honor roll.Yes,the kids have alot of work but we as parents need to work with our children at home and make the sacrifice!

This school is great and any parent that says otherwise are not putting in the work with their child.I just want them to have more activities,sports ,and aftercare!

Last modified Providence-Englewood Elementary Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.