Chicago, IL

Jordan Elementary Community School 2

Posted December 18, 2009

Posted December 10, 2009
My daughter attends Jordan Elementary Community School. She loves her school! The teachers are extraordinarily dedicated to their students and must be among the best educators in the nation judging by both the quality of their lessons and by the respect with which they treat all of their students. The leadership is also top-notch. Both the principal and the assistant principal are excellent examples of the best of the best in administration. They are dedicated to the students and really listen when parents call with a question or concern. Everyone on staff that I have had any contact with has been helpful and courteous. I briefly took my daughter out of Jordan to attend a supposedly 'better' school. She excelled academically there as well but was miserable. Fortunately, she was able to return to Jordan and she is getting a very high-quality education in an environment that we both love.

Jordan Elementary Community School 1

Posted October 14, 2009

Jordan Elementary Community School 0

Posted September 30, 2009
My daughter transferred here near the end of 7th grade. Her attitude and confidence were greatly improved once she arrived at Jordan, and it continued to improve. This, her 8th grade year, she is an honor student and making better grades than ever before.

Jordan Elementary Community School 4

Posted June 29, 2009
Great schools and teachers my son graduated last year . he made it to one of the best hs fron chicago area and il. (lane tech) all dependent on the parents and how involved in their kids education

Jordan Elementary Community School 1

Posted April 24, 2009

Posted March 04, 2008
This school has a bright future and hosts some of the brightest elementry minds in the city. This school has some of the greatest afterschool programs and my kid enjoys going there. 97% of *th graders graduate every year, so I don't see why people look down at this schhol.

Posted December 15, 2007
As a school that implements the Comer Model, we strive to educate the whole child with a curriculum rich in literacy. We see our students in a multi-dimensional facet and not only do we push academic growth, but we focus on providing experiences so our students become well rounded human beings that will contribute to society in a positive manner.

Posted September 21, 2007

Jordan Elementary Community School 2

Posted September 21, 2007
This school is a product of the environment. Most of the teachers that are young came here to make a difference and quickly got shotdown by the community, and their I-don't-care attitude! The majority of the parents here don't care and won't participate. The school is a reflection of the standards of the parents.

Jordan Elementary Community School
7414 North Wolcott Avenue, Chicago, IL  60626
Last modified Jordan Elementary Community School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jordan Elementary Community School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top