Chicago, IL
After care: No

Barnard Elementary Comp Math & Science Center 5

Posted September 05, 2014
Best decision we ever made! I saw the signs around the neighborhood and called the assistant principal. She met with us right away. Everyone at the school was so nice and welcoming. We transferred two children from private school and we are SO impressed. It's better than we imagined! It was a hard decision because of the school's past reputation. If you live in East Beverly PLEASE think about switching to Barnard. The building is beautiful, the teachers are wonderful and so caring (my son's new teacher has emailed me directly already!) and the school communicates with families constantly. The kids are so well behaved and the families are great. We are so PROUD and HAPPY to be at Barnard!

Barnard Elementary Comp Math & Science Center 4

Posted June 12, 2014
A change has come this past year! I think Barnard is a great school in much transition (in a positive direction). They have a very hands-on principle and assistant principle who work with students and parents to help children reach their potential goals. As with any schools in transition, I believe that once they have managed some of their challenges and receive more parental support, the school will be very competitive with other academically excelling schools in the Beverly Area. I am very concerned about the low parental involvement because this directly impacts the success of students. However, the administration is working to have great workshops for parents, great before and after school programs for the students and if we want the school to be the best it can be, parents, please get involved and support your kids by finding out how you can help in the school. They have parental groups during the day and even evenining hours with rich information that can help the kids excel. The principle and assistant principle are very committed to being available for these programs as well and work around the clock. We need to give them the same support they give to OUR kids.

Barnard Elementary Comp Math & Science Center 5

Posted December 24, 2013
I agree with the 2 earlier posts by parents. This school needed to improve - and it has! I am so happy! I have 2 grandchildren at this school and they love school now. We now have so many after school programs to choose from. One of my grandchildren has a new teacher and she is wonderful. The new administration has been great and has always called me back. There positive behavior program keeps the kids excited. I can't say enough. I wish the earlier parent gave the school a better rating because it is so much better now.

Barnard Elementary Comp Math & Science Center 1

Posted December 19, 2013
I got bullied alot at this shool and no matter how many times i tried to tell the an adult, no one did anything. they should shut the school down. its dangerous.

Barnard Elementary Comp Math & Science Center 0

Posted March 03, 2009
i think this school needs alot of work. and could use more teachers i have a child that attends the school and i am not the only parent that thinks this school could use more help and programs to better the students also all the teachers are over worked they need help as well and its hard to help every students in a short amount of time

Barnard Elementary Comp Math & Science Center 3

Posted February 03, 2006

Barnard Elementary Comp Math & Science Center 1

Posted July 12, 2005

Barnard Elementary Comp Math & Science Center
10354 S Charles St, Chicago, IL  60643
Last modified Barnard Elementary Comp Math & Science Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barnard Elementary Comp Math & Science Center Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top