Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My son has been enrolled in the Pre-K Program. I've witnessed how much he's learned already in one year. The Pre-K Program appears to be fun and interactive. Teachers provide open communication with parents; and they listen to my concerns about his development. I have also worked with other school staff, and they are phenomenal.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Our school has two ongoing programs that focus on developing these traits in our students in the classroom, throughout the school, and in the community. We actively involve all staff members as well as parent volunteers, and classrooms are recognized for their success in these practices on a monthly basis. The program has been in effect for two years, and we are looking forward to increased success in all of these areas in the coming years as we continue with the programs.

The quality of the education and staff at this school has greatly improved over the years. Teachers are continually improving their craft through professional development and incorporate better practices to help students achieve their best. Teachers and staff work collaboratively sharing best practices and student work on weekly and monthly basis.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The staff works together on a daily and weekly basis to improve their practice in the classroom. They work closely with both the students and parents to create the best educational experience possible. They are caring, highly educated, and devoted educators.

My daughter is in kindergarten at Bateman. I have been very pleased with her relatively small class size, her excellent, organized and energetic teacher, and the extra classes offered. She has music twice a week, art and gym weekly and also yoga. This school is a hidden gem in CPS and is definitely under the radar.

My two daughters have been at Bateman since Pre-K. So far, we have been very impressed with teachers who are approachable, professional, and really dedicated to the students. My daughters have always really liked their teachers, which makes going to school each morning easier! I am also happy with our staff and Administration. Although Bateman is a large school, staff really seem to know students as a "name and not a number". The Principal and Assistant Principal have both been very supportive of our school's PTA and other parent committees. Every day, I see dozens of parents volunteering in classrooms, the Library, parent patrol ("Drop & Go"), and school events. In short, I think that Bateman is a good environment for parents as well as students. Bateman has a lot of qualities that I did not expect to find in a city school. I am pleasantly surprised and we intend to stay.

I am a parent and I recieved a CPS calander with the revised snow dates from 2 different Bateman teachers. Also if you check the website on a regular basis you would have known about the dates. I also agree with the below volunteering is a great way to know what is going on in the school. Communicating with Teachers or other parents is a great way too this is the furst person I have heard that is not aware of the revised dates.

I must say, this school has definitely bit the dust. Terrible school! We received a notice that the last day of school will be on June 10th and now our planned vacation got messed up and we cannot go because we were informed only last week verbally (no note sent home) that the kids were going to just finish up the week. This school has no organization skills whatsoever, and there are many other issues with this school that other parents here did not mention. And frankly, it's not worth my time. Skip the problems and transfer! Best wishes for parents looking for an exceptional school. Try Stone Magnet or Disney! Both of these are VERY great schools!

This is untrue and I feel this is defamation of character. Bateman is an amazing school. Come see for yourself.

I would be very weary of attending this school. There is a hidden agenda and your child will quickly get lost in the sea of test scores.

Last modified Bateman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.