Chicago, IL

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 26, 2015
Part of being a well-rounded human being, is being respectful to others regardless of our differences. This is a trait the entire staff works to develop in each of our students.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 26, 2015
See previous post; they go hand-in-hand. We understand that it is of utmost importance that students excel not only academically but be kind and caring individuals as well. We work hard on developing the whole child.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 26, 2015
Our school has two ongoing programs that focus on developing these traits in our students in the classroom, throughout the school, and in the community. We actively involve all staff members as well as parent volunteers, and classrooms are recognized for their success in these practices on a monthly basis. The program has been in effect for two years, and we are looking forward to increased success in all of these areas in the coming years as we continue with the programs.

Posted July 26, 2015
The quality of the education and staff at this school has greatly improved over the years. Teachers are continually improving their craft through professional development and incorporate better practices to help students achieve their best. Teachers and staff work collaboratively sharing best practices and student work on weekly and monthly basis.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 26, 2015
The staff works together on a daily and weekly basis to improve their practice in the classroom. They work closely with both the students and parents to create the best educational experience possible. They are caring, highly educated, and devoted educators.

Bateman Elementary School 4

Posted June 09, 2015
My daughter is in kindergarten at Bateman. I have been very pleased with her relatively small class size, her excellent, organized and energetic teacher, and the extra classes offered. She has music twice a week, art and gym weekly and also yoga. This school is a hidden gem in CPS and is definitely under the radar.

Posted January 13, 2015
My two daughters have been at Bateman since Pre-K. So far, we have been very impressed with teachers who are approachable, professional, and really dedicated to the students. My daughters have always really liked their teachers, which makes going to school each morning easier! I am also happy with our staff and Administration. Although Bateman is a large school, staff really seem to know students as a "name and not a number". The Principal and Assistant Principal have both been very supportive of our school's PTA and other parent committees. Every day, I see dozens of parents volunteering in classrooms, the Library, parent patrol ("Drop & Go"), and school events. In short, I think that Bateman is a good environment for parents as well as students. Bateman has a lot of qualities that I did not expect to find in a city school. I am pleasantly surprised and we intend to stay.

Posted June 12, 2014
I am a parent and I recieved a CPS calander with the revised snow dates from 2 different Bateman teachers. Also if you check the website on a regular basis you would have known about the dates. I also agree with the below volunteering is a great way to know what is going on in the school. Communicating with Teachers or other parents is a great way too this is the furst person I have heard that is not aware of the revised dates.

Bateman Elementary School 1

Posted June 10, 2014
I must say, this school has definitely bit the dust. Terrible school! We received a notice that the last day of school will be on June 10th and now our planned vacation got messed up and we cannot go because we were informed only last week verbally (no note sent home) that the kids were going to just finish up the week. This school has no organization skills whatsoever, and there are many other issues with this school that other parents here did not mention. And frankly, it's not worth my time. Skip the problems and transfer! Best wishes for parents looking for an exceptional school. Try Stone Magnet or Disney! Both of these are VERY great schools!

Posted May 31, 2014
This is untrue and I feel this is defamation of character. Bateman is an amazing school. Come see for yourself.

4220 N Richmond St, Chicago, IL  60618
Last modified Bateman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bateman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top