Chicago, IL

Posted January 13, 2015
My two daughters have been at Bateman since Pre-K. So far, we have been very impressed with teachers who are approachable, professional, and really dedicated to the students. My daughters have always really liked their teachers, which makes going to school each morning easier! I am also happy with our staff and Administration. Although Bateman is a large school, staff really seem to know students as a "name and not a number". The Principal and Assistant Principal have both been very supportive of our school's PTA and other parent committees. Every day, I see dozens of parents volunteering in classrooms, the Library, parent patrol ("Drop & Go"), and school events. In short, I think that Bateman is a good environment for parents as well as students. Bateman has a lot of qualities that I did not expect to find in a city school. I am pleasantly surprised and we intend to stay.

Posted June 12, 2014
I am a parent and I recieved a CPS calander with the revised snow dates from 2 different Bateman teachers. Also if you check the website on a regular basis you would have known about the dates. I also agree with the below volunteering is a great way to know what is going on in the school. Communicating with Teachers or other parents is a great way too this is the furst person I have heard that is not aware of the revised dates.

Bateman Elementary School 1

Posted June 10, 2014
I must say, this school has definitely bit the dust. Terrible school! We received a notice that the last day of school will be on June 10th and now our planned vacation got messed up and we cannot go because we were informed only last week verbally (no note sent home) that the kids were going to just finish up the week. This school has no organization skills whatsoever, and there are many other issues with this school that other parents here did not mention. And frankly, it's not worth my time. Skip the problems and transfer! Best wishes for parents looking for an exceptional school. Try Stone Magnet or Disney! Both of these are VERY great schools!

Posted May 31, 2014
This is untrue and I feel this is defamation of character. Bateman is an amazing school. Come see for yourself.

Bateman Elementary School 3

Posted January 29, 2014
I would be very weary of attending this school. There is a hidden agenda and your child will quickly get lost in the sea of test scores.

Posted December 18, 2013
My daughters have been at this school for 8 years now and this is the best the school has been. My daughter has special needs and it is difficult to find activities she can do. Thanks to the new administration there are many after school activities that my daughters are a part of. The environment is very friendly and I feel very comfortable approaching the new Principle and the assistants, very different from years before. It's wonderful to see the importance they place on math and science. I was so impressed with the work the kids did recently in the science fair. Also, there are extremely supportive teachers like Ms. Hellige, Mr. Degraff, Mrs. Wilson and Ms. Hurst. I know my daughters are excelling because of all if them. I really support this school and recommend it to everyone.

Bateman Elementary School 1

Posted December 18, 2013
This was a great school but the new principal assistants are really bad, they are really rude , they treat parents as part of the problems instead of the solution, this school inplemented a lot of changes and this people treated parents like if they were idiots, will change my kids from this school

Posted November 24, 2013
When I take my daughter to school I feel she is safe. Every day I see parents volunteering, two dedicated assistant principals, great teachers and the principal keeps things under control. i heard some teachers complaining about all the work but I see the same teachers arriving at the same time I drop off my daughter and leaving with her class by 3:15 Shame on those few teachers who are just there for a paycheck. Thank God the majority of teachers are not like that. Doctor Bacelieri keep it going.

Bateman Elementary School 4

Posted November 14, 2013
This is really a great up and coming neighborhood school. We've had our son there in pre-K and now Kindergarten, and couldn't be more pleased with how he's flourished (he has an IEP). The principal was open about how he had to deal with the budget cuts this year, and managed it in a way to try to make the least (negative) impact on the actual teaching of students. He's really great. Our only concern is nothing to do with this school, but with the destructive attitude of the City toward public education. We worry whether future CPS budget cuts will imperil the great work being done here.

Bateman Elementary School 4

Posted October 04, 2013
The new principal at Bateman is fantastic! He knows how to get things done and all the positive changes at the school are exciting! He has two assistant principals who are working very hard to continue to improve the school as well. Teachers, students and parents are being challenged and the school will only continue to improve! A gifted program, a true middle school program complete with lockers for the students, smart boards in every classroom, tons of extracurricular activities for the older students, a NAEYC accredited preschool, a Friends of organization, active volunteering, this neighborhood school is up and coming!

Bateman Elementary School
4220 N Richmond St, Chicago, IL  60618
Last modified Bateman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bateman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top