Chicago, IL
Students enrolled: 1,165

Posted December 15, 2014
Congratulations to Beaubien on OUR 1+ rating! For the 2013-2014 school year, Beaubien scored as one of the top schools in the state with 98% of students meeting attainment. Surveys taken from students, teachers and parents show a consensus of effective leadership, collaborative teaching and involved parents. As a parent of 2 students attending Beaubien, I can say it is an incredible place to be educated. The classrooms are mini microcosms of the world! My children are maturing academically, physically, artistically and socially. Under the leadership of Michelle Ludford, Beaubien s environment has become a place where parents are welcomed, teachers are professional and students are learning! Do not hesitate to come to our school. Jefferson Park is a great community; it is no wonder why President Obama chose it to speak to recently. It is a quintessential urban neighborhood; proud, diverse, safe and affordable with a great public school!

Beaubien Elementary School 2

Posted November 16, 2014
I don't hate Beaubien, but I don't love it either. The teachers give way too much homework. They should be teaching more in-school, and don't even get me STARTED about their Spanish Program. No textbooks and no workbook. The poor kids don't have a clue what's going on, mostly because of the unorganized teacher. My child is developing back problems because of the heavy backpacks they need to carry around all day. I can't believe that they don't allow the children to leave their heavy winter coats and boots in some type of closet or locker. They have to carry them, along with their heavy backpacks.

Posted November 15, 2014
Beaubien is not a good school. Little things, like the water fountains CONSTANTLY being broken, but it's also the big things. I used to have a lot of friends. And then one day everybody started hating me. I was bullied so terribly that I hated both the experience of school and, simply put, the school itself. Especially when I told on the bullies. I told on the bullies to my homeroom teacher, the principal, the vice principal, and other assorted staff. The bullies never got in trouble, not even once. They still bully me physically, verbally, and through texting and social media. It started last year and has continued, getting worse. Kids are stealing things from me and refusing to give them back unless I do their homework and whatnot for them. But the school doesn't care. And THAT is what makes me angry the most.

Beaubien Elementary School 3

Posted October 03, 2014
I am amazed at the total lack of common sense that most teachers and administration have at this school. Poor communication also. Just really a joke. Accidents and incidents just waiting to happen instead of prevention. Either they have no common sense or the staff just plain doesn t care. Pack in the kids and don t bother them with any concerns or questions.

Posted October 03, 2014
The administration at Beaubien (Principal: Mrs. Michelle Ludford, Assistant Principal: Mr. Nicholas Kotis) are more interested in protecting their own image and that of the school than they are concerned about protecting the safety and well being of students! BULLYING IS DOWNPLAYED, DISMISSED AND COVERED UP.. regardless of the mental and physical abuse the student is enduring.. year after year! The only way to make it stop is to transfer out of the school. Which is just fine with them and they are quick to let you know that. One less problem they to have to deal with and cover up. Mrs. Ludford and Mr. Kotis have no problem twisting your words to benefit their own agenda. They lie to you and about you. They don't follow the rules or the protocol set forth in the CPS Code of Conduct. And if you dare to question them or go against them.. Watch out because they are coming after you AND your child!!!! If there were a zero star rating I would have chosen that!

Posted October 02, 2014
Most of the teacher experiences have been great. However, the Administration in the school lacks anything but image perception. Bullying is ignored, and anything that may "harm" their reputation is ignored. Sheep in wolves clothing.

Posted August 20, 2014
Beaubien is a very large school with a very diverse student body. I think the principal has done a great job of holding events and functions to welcome parents and families after hours and on weekends. I have found the principal and assistant principal to be responsive to any questions and concerns I have. I have a 4th and 2nd grader at Beaubien. Both of them have had outstanding teachers so far, and they are challenged when they need to be. The teachers seem to have very good behavior management. My sons tell me that when students misbehave, it is handled promptly. Any bullying issues seem to be handled effectively. The culture of the school seems to emphasize tolerance and accepting differences. My son has a 504, and he has several friends who are pulled out for various types of help from resource to social work, and it is not looked down upon (at least in the primary grades). The teachers do a good job of making all kids feel included. There is an after school program for working parents, which is provided by an outside vendor. They also provide several classes kids can sign up for, such as chess, piano, band, theater, and others.

Posted July 31, 2014
Ignorance of the teachers added to my mental health disability. Unwelcoming tensions in the air whilst entering majority of my classrooms open a new vulnerable door teverytimr o the thought of hating school already, not because of the work but because of the peopleI. I understand that school is a work place but if a kid is dying in the corner why wouldn't you help him or her? Counselors didn't help neither did the school psychiatrist. I wish teachers seemed to care more.

Posted June 22, 2014
Beaubien is great! I have 2 boys in there and they are excelling! The teachers make their work challenging enough to keep them interested in their subjects. My oldest will be in 6th grade this year and will have different teachers for each subject. He is so looking forward to this so he can learn so much more. My experience with Ms. Ludford has been wonderful, she is always smiling and interacting with parents and students in a positive manner.

Posted June 07, 2014
This school is horrible!! First, bullying is an issue that seems to never be resolved (usually between the neighborhood kids and gifted). Next, 15 kids in 6th grade need to attend summer school. The real issue with that is that the"wonderful" principal ,Michelle Ludford, is only sending 8 of them. The reason is that she doesn't want the school's precious reputation to be ruined. I beg you, parents and guardians, please look over this school before making a decision. Beaubien is not a good one.

Beaubien Elementary School
5025 North Laramie Avenue, Chicago, IL  60630
Last modified Beaubien Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beaubien Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 64 reviews. Top