Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted October 23, 2015
In my posting, I will speak of my child's educational and social experiences at Beaubien. There are some effective Beaubien teachers. However, there are teachers that need improvement or should be removed. I inquired and made educational suggestions but the Principle and Assistant Principle made excuses and blamed my child. It was odd to hear the school place blame versus advocating for a better internal educational system. Basically, they don't investigate or consider presented evidence----instead they shut it down with blame on child and protect teacher in order to protect school reputation. The student atmosphere is horrible, this is for grades 6th - 8th that I am able to speak on. My child at Beaubien, bullied regularly by groups of students. There are significant amounts of students that segregate themselves into different types of social groups, which dictates their attitudes towards each other. My child expressed that it's not unusual, it's a sad truth of kids having their own "social class system". We all have experienced it. The shocker for my child, are those group of students that target other students with the intent to be cruel, violent when staff are not looking and racist. Unfortunately, my child is one of the targets to receive such cruelty. I agree with some of the postings that the Principle and Assistant Principle are fully aware of it. Beaubien covered it up in regards to my child and did nothing. It's my sincere hope that all parents can come together and take this school to task. It's a school with some positives but it can be so much better under the right Leadership. Please Beaubien parents, let the school know that you are aware of their hidden issues and it's time to be active on resolving them.

Posted December 15, 2014
Congratulations to Beaubien on OUR 1+ rating! For the 2013-2014 school year, Beaubien scored as one of the top schools in the state with 98% of students meeting attainment. Surveys taken from students, teachers and parents show a consensus of effective leadership, collaborative teaching and involved parents. As a parent of 2 students attending Beaubien, I can say it is an incredible place to be educated. The classrooms are mini microcosms of the world! My children are maturing academically, physically, artistically and socially. Under the leadership of Michelle Ludford, Beaubien s environment has become a place where parents are welcomed, teachers are professional and students are learning! Do not hesitate to come to our school. Jefferson Park is a great community; it is no wonder why President Obama chose it to speak to recently. It is a quintessential urban neighborhood; proud, diverse, safe and affordable with a great public school!

Beaubien Elementary School 2

Posted November 16, 2014
I don't hate Beaubien, but I don't love it either. The teachers give way too much homework. They should be teaching more in-school, and don't even get me STARTED about their Spanish Program. No textbooks and no workbook. The poor kids don't have a clue what's going on, mostly because of the unorganized teacher. My child is developing back problems because of the heavy backpacks they need to carry around all day. I can't believe that they don't allow the children to leave their heavy winter coats and boots in some type of closet or locker. They have to carry them, along with their heavy backpacks.

Posted November 15, 2014
Beaubien is not a good school. Little things, like the water fountains CONSTANTLY being broken, but it's also the big things. I used to have a lot of friends. And then one day everybody started hating me. I was bullied so terribly that I hated both the experience of school and, simply put, the school itself. Especially when I told on the bullies. I told on the bullies to my homeroom teacher, the principal, the vice principal, and other assorted staff. The bullies never got in trouble, not even once. They still bully me physically, verbally, and through texting and social media. It started last year and has continued, getting worse. Kids are stealing things from me and refusing to give them back unless I do their homework and whatnot for them. But the school doesn't care. And THAT is what makes me angry the most.

Beaubien Elementary School 3

Posted October 03, 2014
I am amazed at the total lack of common sense that most teachers and administration have at this school. Poor communication also. Just really a joke. Accidents and incidents just waiting to happen instead of prevention. Either they have no common sense or the staff just plain doesn t care. Pack in the kids and don t bother them with any concerns or questions.

Posted October 02, 2014
Most of the teacher experiences have been great. However, the Administration in the school lacks anything but image perception. Bullying is ignored, and anything that may "harm" their reputation is ignored. Sheep in wolves clothing.

Posted August 20, 2014
Beaubien is a very large school with a very diverse student body. I think the principal has done a great job of holding events and functions to welcome parents and families after hours and on weekends. I have found the principal and assistant principal to be responsive to any questions and concerns I have. I have a 4th and 2nd grader at Beaubien. Both of them have had outstanding teachers so far, and they are challenged when they need to be. The teachers seem to have very good behavior management. My sons tell me that when students misbehave, it is handled promptly. Any bullying issues seem to be handled effectively. The culture of the school seems to emphasize tolerance and accepting differences. My son has a 504, and he has several friends who are pulled out for various types of help from resource to social work, and it is not looked down upon (at least in the primary grades). The teachers do a good job of making all kids feel included. There is an after school program for working parents, which is provided by an outside vendor. They also provide several classes kids can sign up for, such as chess, piano, band, theater, and others.

Posted July 31, 2014
Ignorance of the teachers added to my mental health disability. Unwelcoming tensions in the air whilst entering majority of my classrooms open a new vulnerable door teverytimr o the thought of hating school already, not because of the work but because of the peopleI. I understand that school is a work place but if a kid is dying in the corner why wouldn't you help him or her? Counselors didn't help neither did the school psychiatrist. I wish teachers seemed to care more.

Posted June 22, 2014
Beaubien is great! I have 2 boys in there and they are excelling! The teachers make their work challenging enough to keep them interested in their subjects. My oldest will be in 6th grade this year and will have different teachers for each subject. He is so looking forward to this so he can learn so much more. My experience with Ms. Ludford has been wonderful, she is always smiling and interacting with parents and students in a positive manner.

Posted June 07, 2014
This school is horrible!! First, bullying is an issue that seems to never be resolved (usually between the neighborhood kids and gifted). Next, 15 kids in 6th grade need to attend summer school. The real issue with that is that the"wonderful" principal ,Michelle Ludford, is only sending 8 of them. The reason is that she doesn't want the school's precious reputation to be ruined. I beg you, parents and guardians, please look over this school before making a decision. Beaubien is not a good one.

Beaubien Elementary School
5025 North Laramie Avenue, Chicago, IL  60630
Last modified Beaubien Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beaubien Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 78 reviews. Top