Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Overall had a good experience with Beaubien. We spent 9 years in that school and I can say the teachers are great and really care about the students.

Supports LD students: Neutral

As a whole they struggle to meet the needs of higher achieving students, especially ones not in the RGC.

Develops character: Neutral

I think they are still finding their footing with this one.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Overall we had amazing teachers during our time there.

Amount of homework: Neutral

Depending on the teacher there could be a lot of busy work, or none at all.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Beaubien teaches their students well. All the teachers care and are hard working. There is a lot of kids but most all of them are fantastic

I have two children at Beaubien. The teachers are amazing and kind. We've had a great experience. Also Mr.Kotis is very approachable and very nice.

In my posting, I will speak of my child's educational and social experiences at Beaubien. There are some effective Beaubien teachers. However, there are teachers that need improvement or should be removed. I inquired and made educational suggestions but the Principle and Assistant Principle made excuses and blamed my child. It was odd to hear the school place blame versus advocating for a better internal educational system. Basically, they don't investigate or consider presented evidence----instead they shut it down with blame on child and protect teacher in order to protect school reputation. The student atmosphere is horrible, this is for grades 6th - 8th that I am able to speak on. My child at Beaubien, bullied regularly by groups of students. There are significant amounts of students that segregate themselves into different types of social groups, which dictates their attitudes towards each other. My child expressed that it's not unusual, it's a sad truth of kids having their own "social class system". We all have experienced it. The shocker for my child, are those group of students that target other students with the intent to be cruel, violent when staff are not looking and racist. Unfortunately, my child is one of the targets to receive such cruelty. I agree with some of the postings that the Principle and Assistant Principle are fully aware of it. Beaubien covered it up in regards to my child and did nothing. It's my sincere hope that all parents can come together and take this school to task. It's a school with some positives but it can be so much better under the right Leadership. Please Beaubien parents, let the school know that you are aware of their hidden issues and it's time to be active on resolving them.

Congratulations to Beaubien on OUR 1+ rating! For the 2013-2014 school year, Beaubien scored as one of the top schools in the state with 98% of students meeting attainment. Surveys taken from students, teachers and parents show a consensus of effective leadership, collaborative teaching and involved parents. As a parent of 2 students attending Beaubien, I can say it is an incredible place to be educated. The classrooms are mini microcosms of the world! My children are maturing academically, physically, artistically and socially. Under the leadership of Michelle Ludford, Beaubien s environment has become a place where parents are welcomed, teachers are professional and students are learning! Do not hesitate to come to our school. Jefferson Park is a great community; it is no wonder why President Obama chose it to speak to recently. It is a quintessential urban neighborhood; proud, diverse, safe and affordable with a great public school!

I don't hate Beaubien, but I don't love it either. The teachers give way too much homework. They should be teaching more in-school, and don't even get me STARTED about their Spanish Program. No textbooks and no workbook. The poor kids don't have a clue what's going on, mostly because of the unorganized teacher. My child is developing back problems because of the heavy backpacks they need to carry around all day. I can't believe that they don't allow the children to leave their heavy winter coats and boots in some type of closet or locker. They have to carry them, along with their heavy backpacks.

Last modified Beaubien Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.