Chicago, IL

Posted November 29, 2014
Belding is a safe, wonderful school with fun teachers and students! Test scores at Belding continue to be among the highest in the city and continue to improve each year due to excellent teachers and instruction. Belding has a nice playground and soccer field. Our moto is 'Everyone is learning at Belding. Every student. Every staff member. Every parent. Every second'. Go Belding Bulldogs!

Posted July 15, 2014
Belding Elementary is a world-diverse school with teachers who offer advanced learning opportunities for our kids, and a wonderful music and language program. My children discovered their love of music at Belding and are soundly on track to achieve academic excellence & musical fluency. Advanced math and reading are offered for upper grade students as well as an array of after school clubs, including an in-house Museum of Science and Industry Science Club. Belding's curriculum is more rigorous than many private schools, as various families who have transferred in have testified. The Principal and V.P. are highly focused on student achievement, safety, and creating an environment where everyone is learning. Behind every great school are highly involved parents who value and are committed to their children's educational success. We have this at Belding. We have math and science teachers who can make sure that the advanced students are challenged, while also offering support to the struggling students. One of my children was challenged by a reading teacher to join an advanced reading club, and now I cannot get a book out of his hands. I am definitely a fan of Belding Elementary.

Posted April 04, 2014
Belding is a wonderful school and is a hidden gem in the city! The principal, Ms. Yutzy, is involved and present. She knows parents and kids by name. The teachers are wonderful and challenge my kids everyday (pre-k/1st grade). The parents group is warm, friendly and welcoming. We attended two schools prior in Lincoln Park and Bucktown but moved for Belding. We're here to stay!

Posted January 20, 2014
This is my daughter's 2nd year at Belding and we really enjoy the leadership our Principal demonstrates with the children. We are very happy with Belding.

Belding Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2013
My children have attended Belding over 6 years . The school has a challenging curriculum and good teachers and principal.The office staff is helpful and sweet when we had a problem. I agree with the other post. If I had one complaint it would be a better gym class. I haven't seen my kids come back with knowing of games and rules of poplar sports over the years. I am glad to see a soccer program being offered on Fridays .

Posted December 11, 2012
I have three children attending the school, twins are in kindergarten and one is in 2nd grade. She had attended another charter school for the first two years (KG and grade 1). All of my kids love the school, they have been very comfortable after the first few weeks of initial shyness. The teachers are fabulous, very cheerful, kind and caring. The teachers are good at providing feedback and keeping the students motivated. I love the experience at Belding!

Posted April 12, 2011
My daughter is in Kindergarten at Belding. This school is a wonderful place for children to learn and grow. The teachers are all excellent. The communication between teachers and parents is on a regular basis. Our principal is very involved in all everyday activities and is always available to talk. She is always looking for new ideas to make our school better. The PTA is extremely well organized and gives all parents the opportunity to be involved in all activities . It is a true pleasure to have my daughter attend a school that has so many parents who want to be involved in their childrens educations.

Posted April 12, 2011
Belding has challenged my children academically and nurtured their spirits. I have seen my kindergartener thrive - now reading at 2nd grade level and doing 1st grade math - while developing friendships with children of widely diverse backgrounds. She loves her teacher and is excited to go to school each day. My entering 3-yr-old preschool boy went from recognizing only 1 letter, to recognizing 3/4 of the letters and some numbers, and is having a great time in the process. Belding has a strong network of parents supporting the school, a visionary principal who clearly loves her work and knows how to be a strong leader who also listens to the parents of her students. I highly recommend this school!

Posted April 11, 2011
As the parent of a kindergartner, I was nervous about entering CPS. After the first year at Belding, I'm a huge fan! My daughter's teacher has been fabulous -- challenging students and yet making learning fun, too. I love the principal's vision for the school, and I have felt a true sense of community as I've gotten to know the parents and teachers at the school. My daughter has learned to read, write stories, tell time, and do simple math. Perhaps more importantly, she has loved every minute of it. When I asked her to rate kindergarten from 1 to 10, with 10 being the best, she gave it an 11!

Belding Elementary School 4

Posted March 27, 2011
Belding Elementary School has exceeded all of my expectations this year and last. Not only are the parents coming together to create a strong and motivated support system the principal is pushing the school into a whole new direction. I have two kids attending the school and I could not be happier with the level of dedication and pride the teachers exude at the school. This school is truly a global melting pot of kids, it has excellent scores that are rising and a fantastic staff.

Belding Elementary School
4257 North Tripp Avenue, Chicago, IL  60641
Last modified Belding Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Belding Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top