Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted June 14, 2016
My son's kindergarten experience at Belding was fantastic. We are very pleased at how well his reading and writing have progressed. Most importantly, he is learning how to think and loves to tell us about what he has learned. The school is very child-focused and welcoming to parents. The Principal and Local School Board are dedicated to continuous quality improvement and student growth. As a neighborhood school, all children are welcome and that sense of community is reflected in the culture. Our family fully recommends Belding Elementary.

Belding Elementary School 3

Posted June 04, 2016
My child is not being as challenged as she could be and the teachers didn't much about it.

Posted September 11, 2015
As a pastor, I have volunteered in a wide variety of schools through the years. I can say that Belding Elementary is truly outstanding as a place where great creativity is used to engage students. The care for students and their families is wonderful to see. This school maximizes community involvement and limited resources in ways that continue to make a positive impact on the students, families, and the community.

Posted March 28, 2015
Dedicated teachers and principals. Great communication between school and parents. Lots of programming options with local Y. Affordable after school care. Nice facilities. Safe.

Posted March 27, 2015
Being a former teacher myself, I was very picky and critical about the school I chose for my son. After attending a Local School Council meeting and doing a school tour, I had a really good feeling about the school so I chose to send my son there for Kindergarten. Now I have two young kids attending and I am very happy with the decision I made almost 3 years ago. The teachers and the principals are always striving to find the best, brain-based ways of teaching. I am especially excited about the new writing curriculum they adapted last year. It's amazing!! Belding is truly a community school. Every time I walk into the school, I feel the community.

Posted November 29, 2014
Belding is a safe, wonderful school with fun teachers and students! Test scores at Belding continue to be among the highest in the city and continue to improve each year due to excellent teachers and instruction. Belding has a nice playground and soccer field. Our moto is 'Everyone is learning at Belding. Every student. Every staff member. Every parent. Every second'. Go Belding Bulldogs!

Posted July 15, 2014
Belding Elementary is a world-diverse school with teachers who offer advanced learning opportunities for our kids, and a wonderful music and language program. My children discovered their love of music at Belding and are soundly on track to achieve academic excellence & musical fluency. Advanced math and reading are offered for upper grade students as well as an array of after school clubs, including an in-house Museum of Science and Industry Science Club. Belding's curriculum is more rigorous than many private schools, as various families who have transferred in have testified. The Principal and V.P. are highly focused on student achievement, safety, and creating an environment where everyone is learning. Behind every great school are highly involved parents who value and are committed to their children's educational success. We have this at Belding. We have math and science teachers who can make sure that the advanced students are challenged, while also offering support to the struggling students. One of my children was challenged by a reading teacher to join an advanced reading club, and now I cannot get a book out of his hands. I am definitely a fan of Belding Elementary.

Posted April 04, 2014
Belding is a wonderful school and is a hidden gem in the city! The principal, Ms. Yutzy, is involved and present. She knows parents and kids by name. The teachers are wonderful and challenge my kids everyday (pre-k/1st grade). The parents group is warm, friendly and welcoming. We attended two schools prior in Lincoln Park and Bucktown but moved for Belding. We're here to stay!

Posted January 20, 2014
This is my daughter's 2nd year at Belding and we really enjoy the leadership our Principal demonstrates with the children. We are very happy with Belding.

Belding Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2013
My children have attended Belding over 6 years . The school has a challenging curriculum and good teachers and principal.The office staff is helpful and sweet when we had a problem. I agree with the other post. If I had one complaint it would be a better gym class. I haven't seen my kids come back with knowing of games and rules of poplar sports over the years. I am glad to see a soccer program being offered on Fridays .

Belding Elementary School
4257 North Tripp Avenue, Chicago, IL  60641
Last modified Belding Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.