Chicago, IL

Posted October 30, 2014
I toured the school today with my wife as we look for a school for daughter. We have never considered Boone school because of the reports of overcrowding. But with the building of another local school Boone now has 800 students which is half of the attendance a few years ago. The great leadership of the new administration combined with strong corporate and community sponsorship have really made an amazing positive impact. The students are really well behaved and engaged. The specials are impressive and include dance, music, art and a computer lab with programming lessons. We hope they expand their preschool so that we can send our daughter there.

Posted October 16, 2014
As a community member and a mother of a two year old, Boone has been on our radar for a few years as well. We are thrilled to see that they've been awarded a Target grant -- meaning a new library, iPads, computers and 2000(!) new books. Thrilled to hear of all the good things happening with their resources and teachers (WGN teacher of the month). Love this community and the recent successes of our neighborhood school.

Posted September 02, 2014
This school has been on our radar for the last year or so as the houses around it are fantastic (sturdy and well - priced for the north side.) I have met with the assistant principal and found her very welcoming and the facility seems well cared for. Plus, one of the teachers was recently awarded the WGN teacher of the month award. I am considering sending my daughter for pre-k (assuming we can get in.)

Posted April 10, 2014
I am a 7th grader at Boone going to be on 8th grade. I have been in boone since I was in pre-k and I love it. All of my teachers are extremely helpful when I don't understand a question, they also help you to cope with stress and things that are causing you problems. Just a few months ago most of the Middle school in Boone helped us paint the bathroom stalls, we did paintings for the walls in Boone so now it looks like a remodeled school. I am very sad to leave this school and I will always be a pure Boonie at heart no matter were I go

Posted September 19, 2013
My kids were transfer to Boone from Budlong Elementary School. I am very happy with the transfer. Everyone in the school is very friendly and helpful. I am very pleased with the security, they have someone at each door making sure only students and teachers come in. So that makes me feel at ease when I leave my kids at school. They have lots of things for the kids to do after school. Knowing that my kids will be getting art incorporated into their curriculum is great, I believe a kid needs to explore their creative side and it will help them with the other subjects they have in school. It is very organize and when I drop my kids off, everything runs smoothly. I really believe that Boone's first priority is the kids and their well being. I had an issue with one of the Kindergarten assistants, I talked to the teacher and the issue was solve next day. Unfortunately, for the assistant, she got fired. This showed me that they will not tolerate any non-sense and that if at any time a teacher or staff is not doing what they should, they will not have that person in their school. I highly recommend this school. Parents get involved, and don't complaint if you don't. The teachers are great!

Posted August 06, 2013
As a new upcoming 8th grader I'm sad to say it will be my last year here at Boone. Boone has so many great qualities for ex) it's diverse, it's open to the public, and it's located in one of Chicago's safe and friendly neighborhood. I have so many great memories of making friends and meeting new teachers. I hope in my last year of Boone i cherish all these moments for they will never be lost. 8th grade may be the "finish line" however even the "finish line" is just the beginning of the whole race. Forever long live Boone! thank you for all you've given to me!

Posted October 09, 2011
I am a parent of a current Boone school student and my son graduated from there almost fiver years ago. I have been very happy with Boone school for my 12 years of involvement there. I have not found the teachers lazy - on the contrary I have found them to be extremely good overall and very hardworking. The most recent comments are so vague and uninformed. What exactly happened to make you make that accusation that the teachers are lazy? How long have your children been attending Boone? Have you ever volunteered? Are you aware that regular public schools like Boone have to accept whatever child lives in the neighborhood that comes to the school? So that means there will be kids there who are the products of whatever home environment in which they have been brought up. Do you go to the school during the day to observe? Have you ever asked if they need help? Or, are you one of those parents who drops her kids off and expects the school to take care of the rest? You sound like complainers and not people who actually find out what is really happening. So easy for you! And lazy! By the way, school lunches are dictated by the District not the school.

Boone Elementary School 1

Posted October 06, 2011
THIS SCHOOL IS HORRIBLE! To be honest, it USE To be a very good school! I don't know what happend, but from my experience; There is Fights ALMOST EVERY WEEK! The food looks uttertly disgusting, the staff are rude! The teachers there, are lazy! With the staff and everything, they don't even do anything to prevent the fights! Horrible horrible school. I'm very glad this is my last year! I MOST CERTAINLY NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL.

Boone Elementary School 2

Posted December 19, 2009

Boone Elementary School 1

Posted October 16, 2009
The staff needs to be trained on how to respect the parents. There need to be better teachers who know what they are doing. Better communication between parents and teachers. So much more to say but don't have the time. This school really needs to be revamp

Boone Elementary School
6710 North Washtenaw Avenue, Chicago, IL  60645
Last modified Boone Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Boone Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top