Chicago, IL

Posted August 25, 2015
Excellent school! While other schools are getting rid of their arts programming, it is flourishing at Boone! Great access to music, drama, art and technology as well as caring teachers.

Posted February 24, 2015
I've had my children in Boone for three years. I actually pulled one of them out of Decatur (right? the penultimate school on the north side) in favor of Boone. Boone has compassionate, creative teachers and staff. The principal is setting an excellent example to the staff for dedication, respect, and innovation. The performing arts curriculum and after-school free programming give my kids the needed FULL educational experience, not just math and English. Boone has come light-years from where it was 3 years ago before the new Principal, with multiple grants, more staff training, and an invested community that sees the value of participating in the culture of the school. Please, see how the reviews changed starting with Ms. Delaney's placement as principal 3 years ago and you will understand that the average rating on this website does not do this school justice.

Posted February 11, 2015
My daughter has been at Boone since kindergarten. This is a school that has improved tremendously in the past three years since the new principal came in. It always had excellent teachers but now we also have technology, more programs and grants seem to be pouring in. The diverse body of students and teachers makes it a great learning environment. I also recommend the after school program wholeheartedly. It offers after and before school care for a very reasonable price, kids can be dropped off at 7 in the morning and picked up at 6 in the afternoon.

Posted February 11, 2015
Boone school provides a warm, welcoming, loving environment for nearly eight-hundred students from a wide range of cultures. Its art program is stellar; with full time fine art, music, drama, and dance staff, each child is exposed to the arts multiple times each week and many have an opportunity to perform during each school year. Additionally, the arts team favors an interdisciplinary approach so that a classroom study of fairy tales might turn into a theater production, with corresponding music and dance. The teachers are dedicated, creative, and responsive. In the three years my child has been at Boone, each of his teachers has been eager to communicate and partner with parents to meet the needs of each child. This caring extends beyond homeroom teachers. When walking through the hallways, each staff member greets each child by name Boone is home to students from a variety of religious, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Each child finds dignity and respect at Boone. I am pleased that my child is able to learn with and from students and teachers from such a diversity of backgrounds. I know this will serve him as he moves through life. We love the Boone community.

Posted February 11, 2015
As a loving parent, it's being a blessing to have my daughter enrolled at Daniel Boone Elementary School and last but not least the before and after school program is also excellent with a great staff of professionals.

Posted October 30, 2014
I toured the school today with my wife as we look for a school for daughter. We have never considered Boone school because of the reports of overcrowding. But with the building of another local school Boone now has 800 students which is half of the attendance a few years ago. The great leadership of the new administration combined with strong corporate and community sponsorship have really made an amazing positive impact. The students are really well behaved and engaged. The specials are impressive and include dance, music, art and a computer lab with programming lessons. We hope they expand their preschool so that we can send our daughter there.

Boone Elementary School 4

Posted October 16, 2014
As a community member and a mother of a two year old, Boone has been on our radar for a few years as well. We are thrilled to see that they've been awarded a Target grant -- meaning a new library, iPads, computers and 2000(!) new books. Thrilled to hear of all the good things happening with their resources and teachers (WGN teacher of the month). Love this community and the recent successes of our neighborhood school.

Boone Elementary School 4

Posted September 02, 2014
This school has been on our radar for the last year or so as the houses around it are fantastic (sturdy and well - priced for the north side.) I have met with the assistant principal and found her very welcoming and the facility seems well cared for. Plus, one of the teachers was recently awarded the WGN teacher of the month award. I am considering sending my daughter for pre-k (assuming we can get in.)

Posted April 10, 2014
I am a 7th grader at Boone going to be on 8th grade. I have been in boone since I was in pre-k and I love it. All of my teachers are extremely helpful when I don't understand a question, they also help you to cope with stress and things that are causing you problems. Just a few months ago most of the Middle school in Boone helped us paint the bathroom stalls, we did paintings for the walls in Boone so now it looks like a remodeled school. I am very sad to leave this school and I will always be a pure Boonie at heart no matter were I go

Posted September 19, 2013
My kids were transfer to Boone from Budlong Elementary School. I am very happy with the transfer. Everyone in the school is very friendly and helpful. I am very pleased with the security, they have someone at each door making sure only students and teachers come in. So that makes me feel at ease when I leave my kids at school. They have lots of things for the kids to do after school. Knowing that my kids will be getting art incorporated into their curriculum is great, I believe a kid needs to explore their creative side and it will help them with the other subjects they have in school. It is very organize and when I drop my kids off, everything runs smoothly. I really believe that Boone's first priority is the kids and their well being. I had an issue with one of the Kindergarten assistants, I talked to the teacher and the issue was solve next day. Unfortunately, for the assistant, she got fired. This showed me that they will not tolerate any non-sense and that if at any time a teacher or staff is not doing what they should, they will not have that person in their school. I highly recommend this school. Parents get involved, and don't complaint if you don't. The teachers are great!

Boone Elementary School
6710 North Washtenaw Avenue, Chicago, IL  60645
Last modified Boone Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Boone Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top