Chicago, IL
Before care: Yes
After care: No
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Brentano is a great community school, our teachers and staff work hard to provide a quality education to every child. If you would like to visit and observe for yourself, please give us a call and we will take you on tour. Or come by during our Science Fair on May 18 at 5:00p.m.
April 15, 2012

Posted June 30, 2013
We are so proud to report that Brentano has scored in the top 1% of all schools in the United States for student growth in math and reading on the NWEA assessment. NWEA is a test taken by all CPS students in the fall and spring, and the award means Brentano students grew more this year, on average, than students in 99% of schools in the nation. Scores on standardized tests like ISAT often just reflect the abilities students bring into a school -- NWEA focuses on the gains each student makes, regardless of whether they enter a school especially ahead or behind. We don't think test scores are everything, but we know that tests like NWEA that measure each kid's growth say much more about a school's impact than tests like the ISAT. Brentano, as a neighborhood school, accepts students of all backgrounds. There is no test to get in and Brentano's students haven't had to win the lottery to be accepted. We couldn't be happier to have even more evidence of Brentano's success pushing all kids ahead. That's what makes Brentano such a remarkable place. As parents, that's exactly what we want in a school, and that's why we're so glad to be part of the Brentano family.

Posted October 13, 2012
I am a first year teacher at Brentano Math and Science Academy this year and I could not be happier with starting my teaching career at Brentano. Everyone from the administration, to the teachers, to the educational support personnel, to the school engineer, and school custodians are absolutely some of the greatest people I have ever met with the kindest hearts. I feel tremendously supported as a first year teacher and am so happy because I have an opportunity to be a part of the INCREDIBLE things that are happening at Brentano. For instance, the school has a phenomenal soccer field and an Illinois youth soccer program is offered to our students. Just this past week, the owner from Manchester United (UK futbol club) came to our school and all of our students were able to meet and take pictures with him. There are a plethora of before and after school activities that students can participate in to ensure that their education continues beyond just the classroom. I offer math tutoring every morning before school. There is cheerleading, dance, girls and boys basketball, drama club, soccer, tutoring, science club, and many more activities for students. Truly an amazing school.

Posted October 10, 2012
Parents, are you re looking for a great school? Then look no further, because at Brentano Math and Science Academy we will provide everything you need to meet your children s educational needs. Here at Brentano we offer students a challenging enriching curriculum with substantive value. Although, our academic emphasis veers toward math and science we also appreciate the value of the arts. This year in particular we have partnered with several programs including the Joffreyt Ballet, and Chicago Symphony Orchestra; to work with our school in educating and engaging our pupils in these innovative art forms. Please take some time and tour our enriching class rooms with purposeful centers. We look forward to seeing you! We hope that after your visit you will come to the like belief that our school is truly the best institution of learning for your child. Hopefully, it is with this revelation that you will allow us to welcome your children as new additions to our Brentano family.

Posted October 09, 2012
I am the parent of a 1st grader and alumni of this school. I will, by all means, keep my daughter here! It is a great school with great teachers. The neighborhood is wonderful as well as all the students. More than a school, all the students and staff work more as a family/team. It is impressive how well students adapt to their classmates and teachers so quickly! I believe that this school can only get better!

Posted October 08, 2012
Brentano is a gem in the neighborhood. In addition to a well maintained facility (both inside and outside), the school offers activities for all students. Activities range from the fine arts to sports and academic activities address students of all academic abilities. Teachers are creative and accessible. Many graduates are accepted to the Selective Enrollment schools and/or offered scholarships at private high schools. The teachers and principal are active with the community and work hard to provide a strong foundation for Brentano's students.

Posted October 08, 2012
Brentano is by far handsdown one of the best public schools in the city. As a graduating student from this school and now currently bringing my own son it has been an amazing journey being able to see the positive transformation the school has made threw out the years. It is because of the great teachers and wonderful staff that kept me loyal to this school and community. Trust me I would never have bothered in enrolling my son in this school if it was not worth it. My son enjoys his 1st grade teacher and I am ever so thankful for the extra mile she goes to keep me involved and updated. I am very proud and excited for the years to come and more memories to build!

Posted October 07, 2012
Brentano Math & Science Academy is fabulous school with wonderful students and staff. It is an exceptional learning environment for every child in the Chicago area. The community and support provided at the school renders positive students achievement. Critical thinking and project based learning are just two of many emphasized teaching strategies demonstrated to create their positive student-centered environment. The extracurricular activities (including numerous sports, after school clubs, and much more) help students succeed beyond the brick and mortar environment. The school does an excellent job preparing their students for college and career goals/expectations. Brentano is a great school for every child!

Posted October 07, 2012
As a parent of a child that attends Brentano, I could not be any more excited about her learning there. She comes home very enthusiastic about learning, and receives a wealth of information about recent as well as fundamental concepts. Her teacher is a wonderful teacher that provides students with great project based learning, focuses on infusing technology with Reading, Science and Math. My daughter enjoys her teacher and has learned so much in the short time that she has been in school. We love Brentano and think that its the best school she has attended. Please visit the school and see what great programs and projects are taking place daily in the classrooms and throughout the school.

Posted October 07, 2012
When I first arrived at Brentano to interview for a teaching position, the outside of the school impressed me. I noticed the great soccer field, the great and new looking playground and the basketball hoops. I also noticed a parking lot which was a plus since my last school didn t have a parking lot and the staff had to park on the street. I was impressed by the sheer size of the building. When I entered Brentano I was impressed by the cleanliness of the building. The school has lots of technology that other schools do not have. There are several LCD projectors, document cameras, and interactive white boards as well as computers in the classroom. They have a cart of laptops that teachers may use with their students. Teachers have access to educational videos, which include Digital Resources from NASA, Painting by the Masters, Bill Nye science videos. They also have two computer labs. We have recently received a box of iPads for student use. Parents, today, have many choices where to send their children and enrolling them at Brentano will be a wise decision to help their children get off to a great start in their educational career.

Posted October 07, 2012
As a parent of two children that attend Brentano I cannot express my gratitude to all the teachers and staff for their dedication and patience they give unconditionally. My children have learned so much and are eager to learn every day. They express excitement with their work/homework and I am sure this is due to the way hey are being taught. I appreciate that the lines of communication with teachers and staff are always open. Brentano is not only a school but it is also my children's second home. I could not have picked a better school.

Brentano Elementary Math & Science Academy
2723 North Fairfield Avenue, Chicago, IL  60647
Last modified Brentano Elementary Math & Science Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-12
Brentano Elementary Math & Science Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top