Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My kids attended this school. The teachers are all very friendly.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I do think teachers are really humble and kind.But the ones that I have seen disgusts me.I've seen this teacher, she's still there.She is cocky and tells her students to clean every day.She liked this one student since his father was a famous person I guess?He was in the million dollar quartet so.She favorited him and he was the star of every class.What if he did a mistake you ask?He got a pass.Others?Got yelled at continuously, had punishments such as 1).extra homework for weeks 2).You'd sit by yourself at lunch 3).Same thing with the recess.I know this is not all teachers but it's disgusting what I had to go thru.yes, I was in her class.I got yelled at for small reasons.

Amount of homework: Neutral

They give us a Lot of homework.I mean I am not getting sleep from this.My under eye bags are crazy.If you see me, they are like deep into my eyes.I am having so much stress from this.So I'd say this is good and bad.So neutral

I've seen many comments on how they have changed grade level for each teacher.I will say that the principal (it's obvi who it is lol) is doing a poor job and taking the teachers who need to stay and leave.I'm a student in this school and I will not say my name tho.I've seen shady and dark things in this school.Teachers have been fired or probably quite themselves very often, I remember a specific moment when one teacher was crying and after that incident, everyone in the class was talking about it.After that, someone told the principal and guess what?The year after that she left.If you talked about it to any teacher or the principal herself.they'd try to change the topic automatically.The teachers made it seemed like they had a gun in their head and they were kind' of forced.I don't know if its true.but I'm just sayin'.Apart from that.The only good thing about the school is the teachers, they actually want you to improve.Well, some of them.I've seen a few teachers who look bored and depressed and yell for no reason.They don't look like they want to help their children.next time I got to a school (high school, university) I'll see the reviews first.

One of the secretaries in the office is very rude to both parents and staff. Word is her mom is like best friends with the principal. The principal seems hire people she likes, not that they can do the job. She tries to get rid of teachers she doesn't like by moving them to different grades every year, and giving them bad reviews they don't deserve.

Each year, I never know who my child can expect to have as a teacher at Budlong because the staff changes constantly and teachers move from one grade level to the next inexplicably. As a teacher myself, I know that teachers have little say over where they are moved to, so I find it hard to believe that the staff members here are requesting to jump from grade level to grade level each year. Because of these yearly changes, and again as a teacher, I know the difficulties that come with changing grade levels and positions constantly - it is very difficult to master grade level content and be the best educator you can be when you spend one year learning and planning for a particular grade, only to be shuffled around and placed elsewhere the next year, and then elsewhere the next. Teachers are flexible and professional, but the ability to teach profoundly once you have already taught the content the year before goes up exponentially if you are left in the same position on a yearly basis. The level of education our children could receive if they had teachers who consistently taught the same grade for more than a year or two is astounding. I understand that these changes happen here and there, but when it is every year and with multiple teachers, and when they are jumping multiple grade levels, I find the situation to be questionable. Research has shown that teachers who repeatedly teach a grade level will have a more positive impact on their students than teachers who change grade levels multiple times, and will also improve their own teaching practices. In fact, research shows that teachers who repeat grade-assignments improve nearly 40% more than a teacher who does not - in their own practice and in raising test scores, something that is a huge focus at this school. If Budlong can't understand this, how can we expect them to educate our children appropriately?

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I see the difference with my children. They are reading and writing better and have so much more confidence in themselves

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

At my children's other school I felt they didn't give enough homework and saw their academics decline. Here, it took some getting used to, but they get more homework and it's useful at that. The kind of homework they get reminds me of the stuff I just to have to do when I was a kid and I had a great education.

Budlong Elementary School has had me in awe since my children have started coming here. Upon transferring here I thought my children would have a difficult time adjusting and but it has been an easy transition. They were struggling in their other school and only 4 weeks into the school year, I see a huge improvement in their academics and self esteem. The staff is amazing and the administration is phenomenal. When you walk in you are always greeted with a friendly face from security and the office staff. I love how everyone works together and cares. You can feel it in how the staff communicates with you.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of trust among admin and staff. Some teachers display prejudice towards some of the student population.

Last modified Budlong Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.