Chicago, IL
Students enrolled: 1,648

Bogan High School 3

Posted June 05, 2013
Bogan is going wall to wall IB at the beginning of the next school year.

Bogan High School 3

Posted April 10, 2013
Bogan is trying to get better.....my daughter is a senior at Bogan now and she has been on the honor roll for 3 1/2 yrs. Her freshmen year, she was jumped on, on her way home, got her book bag, ipod 3g, and cellphone taken. I did retrieve the items. But when I went to the school the Security seemed to be in place, but I don't think they worked very hard in helping me solve that issue. Junior year someone stole my daughter iPhone. There have been quite a few fights that I know about and I'm terrified for my son to go there in the fall. Bogan needs more sports teams and activities to keep many students occupied and motivated and out of trouble..academically I have seen changes since my daughter has been there as far as honors classes, college prep, and student parent meetings. So my recommendations: Tighten up security (Mr. Vaughn), increase activities, and continue to improve on academics. Oh and the new principal.....naahhh...

Posted June 13, 2012
I don't know much about other schools in Chicago, but for me Bogan should be at the top for the worse school in Chicago. The students bully other students and the admistration turns a blind eye to what is going on. I know this for a fact since my son was bullied at Bogan. Principal, Vice Principal etc.. just ignored the problem. Thank God for a few teachers that contacted us to tell us what was happening. But the teachers would write up the bullies and nothing was done. And your child can actually sit in class and do nothing and get a passing grade. It is not the teachers it is once again admistrative that puts so much pressure on the teachers to pass a student. When I said no to passing my son in one class the Principal and Vice Principal get angry with me. He didn't deserve a free pass and needed to attend summer school. They shouldn't be surprised when students have no respect for other students, because I have sat in the hall waiting for a meeting and seen how security, Principal, and Vice Principal treat the students. If you don't show respect how can a student respect a peer?

Posted December 08, 2011
This is the worst school in chicago next to gage park high. All I ever learned in this school was how to defend myself and how to just know when a fight is about to break out. "Oh its tuesday and they'll probably be just one or two fights today" A lot of the teachers in this school just don't care and to an extent I don't blame them. Students come in and do nothing but disrespect other students and teachers, and sure would report it but the administration would do nothing. I hate this school waste of my time, Im embarrassed to even tell other people that I even went here.

Posted December 07, 2011
Parents of current students should file suit against CPS for allowing an incompetent individual to run a school. The children are being deprived of an education because the administrators do not report violent episodes. Students who disrupt the educational process are allowed to roam the halls causing fights, running into classrooms and disrupting teaching and breaking into offices and rooms and stealing. They blame the teachers and demand that we pass students who do not go to class

Posted August 28, 2011
I Think this is a horrible school i have friends and a cousin who attend this school. My friend got her phone stolen on the first day.! And my cousin had to transfer out because she was constantly teased and was always bullied

Posted June 14, 2011
What I am concerning about this school is that it is a neighborhood school that recieves low test scores and overall grade. I live next to Bogan and I have to say that the students are degrading the school which they don't care about their future and they don't learn. All they do is fight and pull the fire alarm which I heard from the news and competign against other schools to make their school better even though its not. I attend a magnet school in southwest high school which it is a very good school and safe place to go. This school needs to be improved better.

Bogan High School 2

Posted December 21, 2010
graduate 04 and I hate this school. Made no friends. All the student do is pull the fire alarm and fight outside so security won't able to catch them. WORST school. I'd never send my kids to this shcool.

Posted April 30, 2010
Horrible school prinipal is terrible teachers are pretty good parent involvement is terrible and the safety is terrible I wouldnt recommend sending your kid to this school this school needs to be shut down

Bogan High School 5

Posted April 02, 2010

Bogan High School
3939 West 79th Street, Chicago, IL  60652
Last modified Bogan High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bogan High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top