Chicago, IL

Burnham Elementary Inclusive Academy 3

Posted August 16, 2014
I adore the principal, vice principal, the teachers and the staff that are not just at the school for the pay, however these are the worst children I have seen in a long time. Bullyin at this school is uncontrollable even though they try their best to nip it in the bud. They parents who child or children are bullies can care less and even worse they want to fight when you ask them nicely to handle their child. For the younger grades homework is a overload but for the your grades it was not. My daughter didn't have a permanent teacher all year.

Burnham Elementary Inclusive Academy 5

Posted April 20, 2013
This school is an awesome school to attend! They expect a lot from you, and push you to do your very best to succeed in life. Test scores are gradually improving throughout the years, and are that way because of the wonderful teachers. I've attended this school for 6 whole years, and would have liked to stay for 8! I enjoyed going to school everyday, and we had so much fun!

Burnham Elementary Inclusive Academy 5

Posted April 26, 2011
Burnham/Anthony Mathematic Academy is an awesome school.! The high expectations set by the administration as well as teachers helps students to be successful individuals. The collaboration between staff assists with the students ability to excel in all subject areas. The principal is warm-hearted, fair, and ALWAYS puts her students first. She is supportive and expects only the best from her staff and students. I am pleased and honored to be a part of the Burnham/Anthony community!

Burnham Elementary Inclusive Academy 4

Posted February 28, 2011
Great school. We love the small school hands on style our children get here at Burnham.

Posted April 27, 2010
Burnham Elementary is the best school in the area. The teachers are wonderful and the administrators are supportive with everything. # 1 School in the City of Chicago....

Posted February 25, 2009
My child is a newly transferred student. From what I have observed thus far is that a tremendous amount of homework is given each night. I have scheduled one parent teacher conference, and I was impressed at what was told to me about the curriculum. To be fair to all I will write again to let you know if things work out as stated.

Posted May 31, 2007
The facts are that since the current admin., there has been an increase in test scores, attendance,and more focus on academics. A decrease in major discipline issues is evidenced by fewer police visits than the 2003-04 school year where police were present at each location 2 to 3 times a week and the admin waivered on issues & accountability and lacked focus. Now everyone is held accountable. The LSC is working with the admin. & most parents are too. There is still much to be done, but this school is on the right track.

Burnham Elementary Inclusive Academy 1

Posted September 08, 2006
This school is horrible!I really think most of the teachers are in it for the pay because they act as if they don't care about the students.The school is overcrowded some classes with more than 37 children.Burnham is a big circus it has been on the school that is in need of improvement list for 4 years.the children are not learning anything.

Burnham Elementary Inclusive Academy 1

Posted February 28, 2005
This is the worst school I have ever seen! I am not sure why it is still opened. Living in the school area choices are limited. The classroom is a playground. Children stabbing other children with pencils, etc. How can anyone learn in this type of environment? The school is very unorganized and definitely lacks parental involvement. With a school like this, we are really failing our children. By graduation, the only subject that students will succeed in is Fighting. Not to mention that the school can't provide textbooks! The school had a supply of twelve textbooks with a class size of approximately 26 children. Again, I wouldn't send my worst enemy to this place!

Burnham Elementary Inclusive Academy
1903 East 96th Street, Chicago, IL  60617
Last modified Burnham Elementary Inclusive Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burnham Elementary Inclusive Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top