Posted February 14, 2013
My son is in kindergarten at Polaris and our experience has been wonderful. His teacher is so kind and the rest of the staff is wonderful as well. I have been so impressed with how much my son is learning in such a short amount of time! The community atmosphere they have created at the school is also phenomenal, it really feels like one big family.

Posted July 01, 2012
My three children attend Polaris, and they love it. They love to learn and be at school. The hands-on curriculum provides them with challenges and a real-world application for their learning. One of my kids consistently scores above the 95th percentile on standardized tests, and even he is challenged and loves to be at school. The culture of the school is excellent, with the "points of Polaris" expected of all students. They are taught from kindergarten to have integrity, be active citizens, be explorers, be critical thinkers, and to show compassion. The administration and staff put children first, and hold everyone to a high standard. While some parents have a hard time with the level of accountability, I believe it is the emphasis on the whole community coming together for the good of the child that makes this school the special place that it is.

Posted May 29, 2012
I am very happy I selected Polaris Charter Academy for my kids. I can not say enough about how amazing this school is. The staff is always available and show concern. The teachers at Polaris want the kids to take ownership of the work they do. I love math night and literacy night where I can get a understanding on how to help my kids with home work. Polaris community works hard to bring out the very best in kids.

Polaris Elementary Charter Academy 4

Posted May 29, 2012
My daughter has been attending polaris for 4 years. I like the way the staff here is very concerned about my child. The best part is they know everyones name as the walk through the door. My first experience with the school was very good I was welcome with open arms. I also like the way they teach its hands on at first I was confusion with the learning and the trips but as the time went on it was easy.

Polaris Elementary Charter Academy 2

Posted June 02, 2010
I would be able to give three stars but my daughter is in 2nd grade and since she doesnt take ISAT until 3rd grade, I am not aware of her national testing level yet. I am satisfied with the education system and curriculums here. They have frequent fieldwork trips, my daughter is able to do her homework with little or no help from me etc. I am impressed with her education learned. The majority of the teachers there are nice to be around. But a few dissappointments were received by me from the staff. I left feeling no empathy, understanding or compassion and these certainly go a long way with kids/parents/learning. I am sad to see the test scores low. It is not the education but moreso their interactions with this restless student body/family.

Polaris Elementary Charter Academy
620 North Sawyer Avenue, Chicago, IL  60624
Last modified Polaris Elementary Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Polaris Elementary Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top