Chicago, IL

Posted April 28, 2014
I'm so happy my daughter was accepted to this school! She absolutely loves it and her teachers! The teachers are all very caring and supportive.

Posted March 25, 2014
I go to this school and it is AWESOME. Most teachers are fun, and the hands-on activity is AMAZING.

Posted October 26, 2013
I am student of Disney II, this school has terrific learning opportunities and allows students to express themselves from athletics to fashion. Teachers teach the students in a unique and effecting way. In this school I enjoy waking up in the morning and actually wanting to go to school. This school turned me into the nearly straight A student I am. Still the school has some downsides, the school offers limited honors, I believe that students, parents, and teachers that believe that they could do more advanced work should be able to have that option. Overall the school offers amazing opportunities. -Morgan P.

Posted October 03, 2013
School has nice program. Kindergartners learn independence early, Teachers need to do a better job of making sure the kindergartners do not go off with classmates home work assignments. My Granddaughter loves to go to school and learn

Disney Ii Elementary School 4

Posted October 02, 2013
The school Is terrific! The academics are just splendid, but as a studen, I face many problems with teachers. Some just don' care abou what you have to say, but ohers like Miss Peterson for example, knows how to keep you going and make you get more smarter by the minute!

Posted June 18, 2013
My oldest has attended Disney II Magnet since 3rd grade. He's now going to 7th grade. I can't tell you how much he's grown over the past 4 years. The teachers & staff really care about their students development & work very hard to make sure children stay on the right path. My daughter was accepted thru the sibling lottery last year & she will be going into 2nd grade. Her reading skills have doubled in one years time. My children enjoy every minute of school & are excited to go everyday. Be advised we live on the far south side of the city & we travel for an hr & a 1/2 to make it here on time everyday.

Posted October 31, 2012
DisneyII is outstanding! I am a relatively new parent. After hearing so many negatives about CPS schools;I applied with much trepidation. My daughter was accepted and attended Kindergarten last year. To say that I was blown away by the experience this school is providing the students would be an understatement. The principal is providing strong and effective leadership. The teachers are genuine, enthusiastic, and challenge the students. The parent community is involved and supportive. It truly feels like family. I love this school. I am so happy we were accepted.

Posted August 03, 2012
Amazing Education in CPS. Our Principal and teachers do an amazing job with teaching the kids to "think" while striving to give each student the right level of challenging work. My kids love going to school every day! They have art, music, technology and gym as part of their curriculum. We literally won the lottery when we got in!

Posted April 05, 2011
Our children are thriving at Disney II. This school gives me hope that CPS actually does know how to operate a fantastic school. It starts at the top - the principal is amazing. Passionate and energetic teachers. Engaged parents. Shhhh, don't tell anyone about our gem, let's keep it a secret.

Posted April 04, 2011
The teachers and parents in this school are great. I mention the parents because we are very involved in the school . Our school is a close community. We won the lottery and then some when our child got accepted to this great school. My daughter is in Kindergarten and is begining to read on a second grade level. Her homework compares to a second graders in our neighborhood school. ( A teacher there is my friend) But the work is not intimidating at all for her. She is naturally shy but is blossoming in this school . The principle is out there everyday talking to parents. I love my daughters school

Disney Ii Elementary School
3815 North Kedvale Avenue, Chicago, IL  60641
Last modified Disney Ii Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Disney Ii Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top