Bad
Good

This school has been a good experience for my children. They completed K-6th grade. The staff here has worked hard to create a good academic and whole child education. For me as a parent, it has been great, also. The parents are wonderful--not sure what the 3/29 reviewer is referring to and sorry you have this perception. The organizations are welcoming and inclusive. It is helpful to go to meetings (if doable), help out in any way in a volunteer capacity or attend school events and make an effort to get to know other parents. My experience has been that organizations have been accessible and really encourage all parents to get involved.

I'm so happy my daughter was accepted to this school! She absolutely loves it and her teachers! The teachers are all very caring and supportive.

I go to this school and it is AWESOME. Most teachers are fun, and the hands-on activity is AMAZING.

I am student of Disney II, this school has terrific learning opportunities and allows students to express themselves from athletics to fashion. Teachers teach the students in a unique and effecting way. In this school I enjoy waking up in the morning and actually wanting to go to school. This school turned me into the nearly straight A student I am. Still the school has some downsides, the school offers limited honors, I believe that students, parents, and teachers that believe that they could do more advanced work should be able to have that option. Overall the school offers amazing opportunities. -Morgan P.

School has nice program. Kindergartners learn independence early, Teachers need to do a better job of making sure the kindergartners do not go off with classmates home work assignments. My Granddaughter loves to go to school and learn

The school Is terrific! The academics are just splendid, but as a studen, I face many problems with teachers. Some just don' care abou what you have to say, but ohers like Miss Peterson for example, knows how to keep you going and make you get more smarter by the minute!

My oldest has attended Disney II Magnet since 3rd grade. He's now going to 7th grade. I can't tell you how much he's grown over the past 4 years. The teachers & staff really care about their students development & work very hard to make sure children stay on the right path. My daughter was accepted thru the sibling lottery last year & she will be going into 2nd grade. Her reading skills have doubled in one years time. My children enjoy every minute of school & are excited to go everyday. Be advised we live on the far south side of the city & we travel for an hr & a 1/2 to make it here on time everyday.

DisneyII is outstanding! I am a relatively new parent. After hearing so many negatives about CPS schools;I applied with much trepidation. My daughter was accepted and attended Kindergarten last year. To say that I was blown away by the experience this school is providing the students would be an understatement. The principal is providing strong and effective leadership. The teachers are genuine, enthusiastic, and challenge the students. The parent community is involved and supportive. It truly feels like family. I love this school. I am so happy we were accepted.

Amazing Education in CPS. Our Principal and teachers do an amazing job with teaching the kids to "think" while striving to give each student the right level of challenging work. My kids love going to school every day! They have art, music, technology and gym as part of their curriculum. We literally won the lottery when we got in!

Our children are thriving at Disney II. This school gives me hope that CPS actually does know how to operate a fantastic school. It starts at the top - the principal is amazing. Passionate and energetic teachers. Engaged parents. Shhhh, don't tell anyone about our gem, let's keep it a secret.

Last modified Disney Ii Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.