Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This school is very involved with parents. Teachers treat kids as their own. The learning approach is geared to the students needs. If a child is advanced, they will get challenged. If a student is having trouble, they will get the extra help. I am very satisfied with everything AGC has to offer. They also have great after school programs such as gardening, chess club, gymnastics and HEART. I am very proud parent.

Not enough structure at this school. Too much recess and not enough learning. Level 2 Quality rating...No thanks! The public school next door outscores this charter in both reading and math. If you expect academic rigor for your child, this is not the school for you. The concept of environmental responsibility is very trendy. Unfortunately, the leadership at AGC has not been able to align this concept with a rigorous and challenging academic program. Their hours are great! So if you are looking to a great babysitting service, this school is for you!

Posted today Report it This school is really a gem. I have been applying for 4 years now, and we finally have been accepted. This school is really unique. The teachers are great, very caring and attentive. My children love this school. They enjoy learning and attending. We practice healthy eating and meditation at home. So this fits right in with our lifestyle. Organic food is very important to us, we like our food free of dangerous chemicals and love to support our farmers. Yoga/meditation everyday is ideal. Who doesn t want to promote a positive, peaceful learning environment? I am very happy to have my children attending this school. Wouldn t have it any other way. Submitted by a parent

This school is extraordinary. Teachers use methods that really help the child understand what is being taught. It might be a little small, but it is a work in progress. Parent involvement is highly encouraged and always welcomed. They have great afterschool programs for a minimal fee. It really does take a village to raise a child. You can't only depend on school top educate your child. You need to be involved to help your child succeed regardless.

I agree with the negative comments below. There are issues with administration. I had issues with bullying as well. Principal never returned calls or emails. She was not either building when I arrived to meet with her. My child does not have special needs, however, I have observed issues with the special ed teacher. The idea of the organic meals is wonderful, however, many students do go home hungry as they are not accustomed to the healthy eating lifestyle. I love the lunchroom manager and chef! I cannot express how wonderful they are. My child loves the food.

My daughter attended this school. Unfortunately it didn't work out. There is a problem with bullying. Talked with staff several times. Attention was called to the problem, but the bullying continued. Change the lunch menu. It can still be organic and healthy. Make it Kid friendly. Big issue - some children wait until they get home to eat. I sent a bagged lunch with my daughter some days. Food had to be checked by staff (awkward). Yes I'm aware of the healthy eating and organic ideas behind this school, but they are not there yet. These issues need to be looked into..........to move forward

Everything I want for my child . . . organic meals, yoga, chickens, recess, art, after school activities, dual language program, international baccalaureate program, caring teachers, dedicated staff and a great education!!

environmentally friendly, organic food, teaching global citizenship and gardening, solar panels....what a learning experience!

Last modified Academy For Global Citizenship is a Charter school that serves grades K-8