Chicago, IL

Posted October 02, 2012
I can't say enough good things about Edison Park Elementary school, it is a great school. It's our 4th year at the school. We have two kids, they love it!!! The principal, the teacher............all of them are amazing with excellent Acadamics. We are very lucky to have Edison Park as our kids school.

Posted September 26, 2012
I'm going to guess that any negative reviews come from parents who have spent little time in EPE. The dedication to academics, personal development and independent thought are incredible. My son is a first grader, who is reading light years above his level, thanks to an incredible kindergarten teacher, and a first grade teacher who has challenged him daily. He is happy to go to school every day, and I feel safe and comfortable with the high-quality staff that surrounds him.

Posted May 28, 2012
I am a current student at Edison, and let me say it is a GREAT School. Great Academics, great teachers, and great students. There's not really any bullying in the Middle School, but I can't say much for the Elementary school classes. The Academics are challenging and engaging, there's a plethora of extracurricular activities like Student Council, Sci Fi club, and Environmental groups. The principal is amazing, and the field trips are amazing and educational.

Edison Park Elementary School 4

Posted January 06, 2012
Unbelievably impressed so far. I have 2 children at Edison and feel very lucky we live in this neighborhood and can send them there. Both my wife and I are products of suburban schools in towns with excellent schools and I can say with absolute certainty the curriculum my children are receiving is ahead of what I learned in their grades. Staff across the board is superior and there couldn't be a more committed principal than Mr. Z. My only complaints are class sizes and with the parents who in some of the negative notes below are most likely the ones who never partipate in making the school even better

Edison Park Elementary School 3

Posted November 03, 2011
To help readers filter my review let me say my children have only been at the school for 2 years. Also, I want to add that my only other experience w/ schools are Oriole Park Elementary & the private school education my wife & I have had. Excuse my grammar as I had to play w/ words for my review to fit. Teachers: acceptable. Principal leadership: good. Parent involvement: excellent! The staff is nice & friendly w/ the exception of one staff member who always lacks professional manners. She is always rude & has a bothered look on her face as if she doesn't want to help. The security is by far the worst thing in the school. Anyone can get in at anytime and do whatever they want. They only have one, 60-ish person at the man entrance in plain clothes. After school people come in & out of all doors w/out being challenged. I always worry about the safety of my kids. I understand money is an issue, but good security doesn't cost much if you know what to do & Edison Park doesn't have a clue. I've never been a fan of 5 star ratings. I give the school a 7.5 out of 10. I think the school has a great rating because the people rating don't have anything better to compare it to.

Edison Park Elementary School 4

Posted October 14, 2011
I think my kids receive a well rounded education from Edison. I really love the accessibility of the teachers and principal. A sense of community and involvement is nurtured. There are high expectations for the kids along with a challenging curriculum but they have tons of fun too.

Posted September 03, 2011
I love this school! From the principal to the teachers, you get professionals who care about your kids. Clean and calm with polite kids and involved parents. What this school needs is more funding to help it grow even more. I am so grateful my kids get to go here.

Posted May 25, 2011
I can't say enough good things about EPE. It's our second year at the school, oldest child is now a first grader. Our child's reading and math abilities are well above average. We were worried specifically about reading and writing skills entering K. He struggled in this area and did not enjoy working at it. Less than one month into school we could see major strides. It has continued at a high level as we end the first grade, very impressed with the teaching staff. He loves to go to school to learn, socialize and grow as a person. He absolutely loves going to this school and he is well educated. Parent involvement is off the charts. The principal is an amazing person who makes this school great. EPE will be recognized for excellence in every category because of him and his endless work days.

Posted April 26, 2011
I moved my two sons from a local Lutheran school to EPE 3 years ago with severe reservations about leaving a private school. I'm VERY happy to say that both of my sons, my and wife and I are more than pleased with the switch. One big downside to this school is the lack of space/overcrowding but the Principal seems to be doing a great job working with that limitation. We've had nothing but positive experiences with all the teachers and staff. The curriculum seems to be challenging but not suffocating. My third grader is doing math that I don't remember seeing until a much later age! The parent involvement appears to be close to 100% in this school, which obviously makes a HUGE difference to a successful educational experience. It is true that few of EPE'S students have gone on to the VERY few choice CPS high school's, but let's be honest, that is NOT the fault of EPE or the outstanding Principal. The ridiculous lottery system and obvious race bias is the problem. If those schools took only the best and brightest, I am certain EPE would be sending quite a few each year! Unfortunately, that is never going to happen.

Posted January 06, 2011
Edison Park is a fantastic place for children to learn and grow. The teachers and administrators are smart, caring and always give 110%. To address the two negative reviews below; according to EP's state report card, 94% of the 8th grade students met or exceeded the standards last year - clearly EP is doing something right.

Edison Park Elementary School
6220 North Olcott Avenue, Chicago, IL  60631
Last modified Edison Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edison Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top