Posted September 18, 2014
My child attended the gifted kindergarten, and I was very impressed with what she was learning. The teachers and staff are friendly and the children are well behaved. Unfortunately we had to leave the program, because my child was having too much separation anxiety. Her teacher was very understanding and really wanted to work with us. But we decided it was best to hold our child back a year.

Posted March 27, 2014
My daughter attends the Carnegie RGC and we are so thrilled with her experience. She has taken huge strides academically and is surrounded by love and attention. The children are respectful and kind to one another, and the results of their hard work are amazing. The teachers are engaged and highly skilled. A wide range of activities are available as well as aftercare options and intensive tutoring. It is not a perfect school, but it is a very good one, and I recommend a tour and serious consideration from any parent.

Carnegie Elementary School 3

Posted July 24, 2012
My child started at Carnegie in the gifted program almost 6 years ago. My 2nd daughter just completed the pre-K program. I will say that the pre-K teacher was excellent. She got my daughter where she needed to be. I have not been satisfied with my older child's teacher's since 1st grade gifted. That is why I am transferring them out for the coming school year. I was not a complete product of the public school system. Most of my elementary school years and high school years were spent in either Christian or Catholic school. So, I don't know why I though I could trust the public school system to educate my children. That being said, I am looking forward to them leaving. I would not recommend Carnegie school to any parent.

Carnegie Elementary School 1

Posted January 26, 2012
The leadership at this school is EXTREMELY poor. I have taken a few issues to the principal (Marlene Heath) and each time she either FAILS to thoroughly care for the issue or allows the TEACHERS to act on her behalf. Speaking of teachers, many of them speak to the students like they are DOGS and have even called the unacceptable names. Some teachers DO work hard however, MOST of then are LAZY and seem to be there just for the paycheck. THEY run the school -NOT the principal. Its really sad... This school is a JOKE -I would NOT recommend it.

Carnegie Elementary School 3

Posted March 05, 2010
This is not a bad school, but I have found over the last four years that the atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired. Although there is not a lot of outright violence, there is an excessive amount of teasing and bullying. Some of the teachers are spectacular, while others just clock their hours and get out of there. The PTA is new, and they're doing as well as they can, but not a lot of parents are involved in the school program.

Carnegie Elementary School 5

Posted August 24, 2009

Carnegie Elementary School 5

Posted July 27, 2009

Posted May 09, 2009
With their new golf program Carnegie now expands the childrens' mind in sports as well as scholastics.

Posted May 05, 2009
My child is just completing the Gifted Kindergarten program at Carnegie. As a teacher, I waas terrified to release my impressionable baby to just ANYBODY, ANYWHERE. I drove by the school at all hours of the day and night to 'check out' the neighborhood and the school grounds. I was pleased with the area surrounding the school. The summer 'mock' week of school was extremely beneficial and thoughtful to get the children ready for their first classroom experience. Mrs. Wilson and Ms. Hudson are FANTASTIC! My child can read better than a second grader, can add and subtract two digit numbers. They have given scientific challenges, and knowledge in Social Sciences. Not to mention that we were particularily 'stumped' on a geometry assignment that my child eloquently explained to us!! The school is clean and safe, security is on point, and the principal is a true educator! Great afterschool programs and PTA!

Posted January 07, 2009

Carnegie Elementary School
1414 East 61st Place, Chicago, IL  60637
Last modified Carnegie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carnegie Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top